Transcript 06/25/09 - Lorinda Lisitza

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 06/25/09 - Lorinda Lisitza

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Lorinda Lisitza
Bronx, NY
Actress, singer, waitress

Lorinda is originally from a town where everybody knows her name, Porcupine Plains, Saskatchewan, Canada. Everyone in this small town of about a thousand people is so excited that Lorinda is on the show.

In a small town, everyone had to do double duty to make it work. Lorinda's brother-in-law is the town's mayor and the mortician.

Lorinda gives a shout-out to everyone in Porcupine Plains!

Question Topics:
* My Dogs Are Barking
* Breaking Barriers
* Copyrights
* Doing Time
* In the Hopper
* Slang Thang
* Straddling the Line
* Lobster
* Pop Songs
* Everyday Symbols
* All About Me
* Lest We Forget
* Amusement Parks
* Use Your Head
* Early Man

$100 * Early Man
Primitive hearths, ovens and lamps are important archaeological "clues" believed to indicate that ancient humans did what?

A: Believed in God B: Used fire
C: Wore jewelry D: Contributed to global warming
Answer
B: Used fire ( 5 )
$200 * Use Your Head
Which of these parts of the human head shares its name with a slang term meaning "to talk"?

A: Nose B: Cheek
C: Jaw D: Ear
Answer
C: Jaw ( 10 )
$300 * Amusement Parks
A popular attraction at Hersheypark, SooperDooperLooper is what type of ride?

A: Bumper cars B: Log flume
C: Roller coaster D: Go-karts
Answer
C: Roller coaster ( 8 )
$500 * Lest We Forget
Someone who had difficulty retaining information is said to have a memory like what type of kitchen utensil?

A: Ladle B: Sieve
C: Whisk D: Spatula
Answer
B: Sieve ( 9 )
$1,000 * All About Me
The 2008 New York Times bestseller "sTORI Telling" is the personal memoir of a famous what?

A: Actress B: Chef
C: Interior decorator D: Journalist
Answer
A: Actress ( 8 )
$2,000 * Everyday Symbols
Which of these computer keyboard symbols is also featured on a standard telephone keypad?

A: Question mark B: Asterisk
C: Dollar sign D: Equal sign
Answer
B: Asterisk ( 22 )
$4,000 * Pop Songs
Which of these hit '80s songs features the recurring line "But the kid is not my son"?

A: Billie Jean B: Purple Rain
C: Sister Christian D: Uptown Girl
Answer
A: Billie Jean ( 21 )
-- Commercial Break --

$8,000 * Lobster
Which of the following is a key ingredient in a traditional lobster Newburg?

A: Peanut oil B: Lemon juice
C: Coconut milk D: Sherry

They don't serve this where Lorinda is a waitress. With 18 seconds left, she decides to Ask The Audience.

ATA: A: 1% B: 18% C: 7% D: 74%

Lorinda says Sherry, final answer. The audience begins to applaud before Meredith confirms that it's correct. Meredith shakes her head, stopping the applause, before saying "Yeah."
Answer
D: Sherry ( 10 )
$16,000 * Straddling the Line
Which of these countries is situated partly on one continent and partly on another?

A: Romania B: Ukraine
C: Belarus D: Turkey

With 20 seconds left, Lorinda decides to Ask The Expert. Today's expert is the host of CNBC's
"On The Money", Carmen Wong Aldritch.

Carmen: Lorinda, we're talking some money here, aren't we?

Lorinda: Yeah!

Carmen: These have borders that changed! So, I'm leaning towards B and C. What were you leaning towards?

Lorinda: Well, I think that it's D, because I seem to remember back in geography that Turkey was kind of the gateway to the the eastern culture and had a foot in the west. So I'm leaning towards Turkey and that's kind of what came to me as I had a minute while I was waiting to talk to you. Do you remember anything like that when you were in school?

Carmen: I was leaning in the other direction, towards Europe. I was thinking the other borders, but--yeah.

Meredith: All right.

Lorinda: I'm going to take a little gamble and say C: Turkey, final answer.

Answer
D: Turkey ( 11 )
Transcriber's note: Meredith does not notice or remark on the fact that Lorinda has said the wrong choice letter with the right choice country.
-- Commercial Break --

Lorinda has two of her buddies in the audience, Tonya and Liz.

$25,000 * Slang Thang
Which of these funny-sounding engineering slang for a clumsy or inelegant solution to a problem?

A: Kluge B: Blerf
C: Chomple D: Greezo

With 20 seconds left, Lorinda decides to Phone A Friend.

Lorinda's PAF team are her husband Kevin, Bronx, NY; her friend Lynn Marie, Woodside, N; and her friend Albert, New York, NY. Lorinda calls Albert. When Meredith tells him that Lorinda is going for $25,000, he asks, "How much of that do I get?" Meredith tells them to negotiate that separately.

Lorinda reads the question and answers twice, leaving seven seconds on the clock.

Albert: Say them again.

Lorinda: Kluge, Blerf, Chomple, Greezo. Three seconds!

Albert: No idea.

Lorinda: Okay. That's okay.

Albert: Bye.

Lorinda has no idea and she is happy to walk with $16, 000.

Answer
A: Kluge ( 2 )
-- The Horn --

vettech

Re: Transcript 06/25/09 - Lorinda Lisitza

#2 Post by vettech » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $4,000 * Pop Songs
Which of these hit '80s songs features the recurring line "But the kid is not my son"?

Who scheduled the airdate, Nostradamus?

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 pm

vettech wrote:

It is a little spooky, isn't it?
krh

hanzz

#4 Post by hanzz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Meh, not as bad as when the first corpses from the Air France 447 flight were found and a category on Jeopardy that day was "Bodies in Water".
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:29 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lorinda Lisitza
Bronx, NY
A classic WE/WE® (or maybe even WE/WE/WE/WE® :mrgreen: )
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lorinda is originally from a town where everybody knows her name, Porcupine Plains, Saskatchewan, Canada. Everyone in this small town of about a thousand people is so excited that Lorinda is on the show.
Do they actually get the show there?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4,000 * Pop Songs

Answer
A: Billie Jean ( 21 )
How ironic that this question should come up on the day that MJ died.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8,000 * Lobster
Which of the following is a key ingredient in a traditional lobster Newburg?

A: Peanut oil B: Lemon juice
C: Coconut milk D: Sherry

They don't serve this where Lorinda is a waitress. With 18 seconds left, she decides to Ask The Audience.

ATA: A: 1% B: 18% C: 7% D: 74%

Lorinda says Sherry, final answer. The audience begins to applaud before Meredith confirms that it's correct. Meredith shakes her head, stopping the applause, before saying "Yeah."
Answer
D: Sherry ( 10 )
I'd be ATAing also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000 * Straddling the Line
Which of these countries is situated partly on one continent and partly on another?

With 20 seconds left, Lorinda decides to Ask The Expert. Today's expert is the host of CNBC's

Carmen: These have borders that changed! So, I'm leaning towards B and C. What were you leaning towards?

Lorinda: Well, I think that it's D, because I seem to remember back in geography that Turkey was kind of the gateway to the the eastern culture and had a foot in the west. So I'm leaning towards Turkey and that's kind of what came to me as I had a minute while I was waiting to talk to you. Do you remember anything like that when you were in school?

Carmen: I was leaning in the other direction, towards Europe. I was thinking the other borders, but--yeah.

Answer
Transcriber's note: Meredith does not notice or remark on the fact that Lorinda has said the wrong choice letter with the right choice country.
I guess there's some justification for Ukraine being considered as a possible answer, depending upon how the boundaries between Europe and Asia are drawn (I wouldn't consider it likely). Good for Lorinda for taking the chance. This is also a classic case of using the ATE to collect one's own thoughts.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000 * Slang Thang
Which of these funny-sounding engineering slang for a clumsy or inelegant solution to a problem?

A: Kluge B: Blerf
C: Chomple D: Greezo

With 20 seconds left, Lorinda decides to Phone A Friend.

Lorinda's PAF team are her husband Kevin, Bronx, NY; her friend Lynn Marie, Woodside, N; and her friend Albert, New York, NY. Lorinda calls Albert. When Meredith tells him that Lorinda is going for $25,000, he asks, "How much of that do I get?" Meredith tells them to negotiate that separately.

Lorinda reads the question and answers twice, leaving seven seconds on the clock.

Albert: Say them again.

Lorinda: Kluge, Blerf, Chomple, Greezo. Three seconds!

Albert: No idea.

Lorinda: Okay. That's okay.

Albert: Bye.

Lorinda has no idea and she is happy to walk with $16, 000.
Answer
A: Kluge ( 2 )
It's not just engineers who use that term - computer programmers do also.

So I'd be going for $50K with PAF, ATE and DD remaining.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 am

vettech wrote:

There was a MJ q on Cash Cab yesterday as well.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lorinda is originally from a town where everybody knows her name, Porcupine Plains, Saskatchewan, Canada. Everyone in this small town of about a thousand people is so excited that Lorinda is on the show.
Do they actually get the show there?
Good question. The only Canadian city I see in the local listings page of the WWTBAM web site is Victoria. Maybe they get it by satellite. Porcupine Plain (not Plains, as I typed it in the transcript) is pretty remote, in east-central Saskatchewan, about 100 miles from Saskatoon.

And, boy, a WE/WE couldn't make up a better hick hometown name than that! :P

NellyLunatic1980

#8 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:53 am

Bronx, NY
WE/WE®
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4,000 * Pop Songs

I watched this episode on tape yesterday. I flipped between this and CNN. The moment I got to this question was just a few minutes after the L.A. Times and CNN confirmed Michael's passing... so it just broke my heart to see this question yesterday. Kinda like bazodee's HS appearance airing on the same day that Tony Randall died.

$8K: I would've been gone on this question. Even before the choices came up, I said lemon juice.

doitneatly

#9 Post by doitneatly » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:32 pm

$16,000 * Straddling the Line

Answer
I wonder if the audience reaction might've also helped Lorinda here. I think there may have been an audible gasp from the crowd when Carmen started steering away from the [obvious, to some...] right answer. There was definitely emphatic applause at the moment the word "Turkey" came out of Lorinda's mouth.

Given that this expert had just steered someone wrong with "85% confidence", I certainly would've been inclined to gasp and cheer if I had been in the audience that day.
"When you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly."