Transcript 6/26/2009 - Bridget Delauro

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 6/26/2009 - Bridget Delauro

#26 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 am

Bob Juch wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
I can easily imagine that -- maize is highly prevalent in Hopi artistic depictions, as are rain and rain clouds.

The preponderance of the evidence is for animals, and I almost certainly would have gone that way even without Auel. But for certain? I don't know...
One significant difference in your example: the Hopi had progressed beyond being hunter/gatherers to being an agricultural society. Ayla and Jondalar (despite being great innovators who had personally domesticated dogs, cats and horses, and invented the atlatl and the flint & steel method of firemaking) hadn't.
Where'd they get steel? :roll:
You're right, it wasn't steel. Iron pyrite (fool's gold) IIRC.

earendel

#27 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
One significant difference in your example: the Hopi had progressed beyond being hunter/gatherers to being an agricultural society. Ayla and Jondalar (despite being great innovators who had personally domesticated dogs, cats and horses, and invented the atlatl and the flint & steel method of firemaking) hadn't.
Where'd they get steel? :roll:
You're right, it wasn't steel. Iron pyrite (fool's gold) IIRC.
YDRC (you do remember correctly). Imagine what the world would be like if that earthquake in the first book had killed Ayla. We'd be posting to the Internet in the dark because fire would be too hard to make.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#28 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:17 pm

I was fine up to 100K. Paddington Bear is either "after my time" of I just never intersected with PB except in references. They had a PB Q on old PTBAM, I recall. PAF here & hope.

The contestant: Hated the shrieks, which of course is what the APs love. I am thinking of sending in a shriek tape, but you'd have to be a better actor than I am to make it come off as kidding & not contemptuous, I think.

But loved that she actually knew a lot of answers. If she'd have been more sure of herself earlier, she'd have gone even higher.