S&P?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
DadofTwins

S&P?

#1 Post by DadofTwins » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 pm

Several folks have commented about how Michael Davies spoke to the players before the PT game. One even mentioned how he said something about having seen the questions and anticipated somebody making a big run (or something like that).

I know S&P practices vary from show to show, but on most shows the Compliance people are VERY rigorous about making sure nobody who knows what the questions are has any contact with players before the game, off-stage or otherwise. In some cases, even knowing someone who might have contact with someone who has seen the questions can render a potential player ineligible. At the very least such contact must be disclosed prior to playing.

I can even imagine how such a "tip" from the Executive Producer regarding the relative difficulty of future questions might influence how a player uses lifelines early in the stack. Not saying it did, but I can see how it might.
We have enough youth. How about a fountain of smart?

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

Re: S&P?

#2 Post by sunflower » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 pm

DadofTwins wrote:Several folks have commented about how Michael Davies spoke to the players before the PT game. One even mentioned how he said something about having seen the questions and anticipated somebody making a big run (or something like that).

I know S&P practices vary from show to show, but on most shows the Compliance people are VERY rigorous about making sure nobody who knows what the questions are has any contact with players before the game, off-stage or otherwise. In some cases, even knowing someone who might have contact with someone who has seen the questions can render a potential player ineligible. At the very least such contact must be disclosed prior to playing.

I can even imagine how such a "tip" from the Executive Producer regarding the relative difficulty of future questions might influence how a player uses lifelines early in the stack. Not saying it did, but I can see how it might.
I don't know who said that or at which taping they claim it occurred...but he didn't say that at the last taping, all he said was that he wanted to give away a million. I can't imagine a scenario where he would know the questions, since he would come in contact with the contestants.

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:08 pm

sunflower wrote:
DadofTwins wrote:Several folks have commented about how Michael Davies spoke to the players before the PT game. One even mentioned how he said something about having seen the questions and anticipated somebody making a big run (or something like that).

I don't know who said that or at which taping they claim it occurred...but he didn't say that at the last taping, all he said was that he wanted to give away a million. I can't imagine a scenario where he would know the questions, since he would come in contact with the contestants.
He didn't say it to the audience. He said it to the contestants at their briefing. More than one contestant has confirmed what he said.

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Maybe he was just funnin'?
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Fresca

#5 Post by Fresca » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:13 am

I don't remember him telling us he had seen the questions. He did say that the stacks had been lightened a bit (as I mentioned in my official postmortem) and repeatedly expressed the hope that someone would take them for the whole million. But never suggested that he specifically knew what was coming as far as I can recall. They made a whole to-do about how the questions were written in an office on the UES and only brought to the UWS studio immediately before taping.