Transcript 12/13/07 - Lisa Milazzo

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/13/07 - Lisa Milazzo

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Lisa Milazzo
Tuckahoe, NY
Stay-at-home mom

Lisa loves Millionare, but she's afraid to tell Meredith what her daughter's first word was. It was "Trebek".

$100
Hollywood's famous Walk of Fame features hundreds of celebrity names engraved on plaques shaped like what?

A: Shamrocks B: Stars
C: Anchors D: Rehab centers

$200
Which of these household appliances typically come equipped with a fabric softener dispenser?

A: Washing machine B: Microwave oven
C: Dishwasher D: Sewing machine

$300
By definition, a moonshot is the launching of what type of vehicle?

A: Boat B: Train
C: Rocket D: Truck

$500
What wide-eyed animal appears in the logo of the racy restaurant chain Hooters?

A: Owl B: Coyote
C: Lizard D: Elephant

$1,000
Beginning its eighteen season in 2007, what drama is the longest-running crime series in TV history?

A: The Shield B: Law & Order
C: Without a Trace D: CSI

$2,000
After retirement, "emeritus" is traditionally added to the title of a person with which of these occupations?

A: College professor B: Plumber
C: Receptionist D: Farmer

$4,000
In the human body, what pair of organs are disproportionate in size because one of them makes room for the heart?

A: Kidneys B: Tonsils
C: Lungs D: Vocal cords

$8,000
Much was made of 2007 reports that presidential hopeful John Edwards had paid $400 apiece for two what?

A: Tennis rackets B: Haircuts
C: Massages D: Cigars

Lisa: I'm almost sure I know, but I want to ask the audience.

ATA: A: 3% B: 85% C: 1% D: 11%

Lisa: I was thinking haircuts.

-- Commercial Break --

Lisa's husband is home with their little girl.

Lisa: He takes good care of her, but it's going to be chaos.

For luck, Lisa is carrying her dad's dog tags from World War II; he passed away this year.

$16,000
Passed in 1964, the Tonkin Gulf Resolution is named for a body of water located off the coast of which of these countries?

A: Cambodia B: India
C: South Korea D: Vietnam

PAF: Lisa calls her friend, Rose.

Rose: Vietnam.

Lisa: Okay. Are your sure?

Rose: 90%

Lisa: Okay, thank you!

Rose: Good luck!

Lisa: Alright, I'll buy you a drink!

$25,000
Invented in 1822 by French physicist August Fresnel, the Fresnel lens was originally developed for use in what?

A: Lighthouses B: Microscopes
C: Binoculars D: Eyeglasses

50/50 leaves A & D.

Lisa: Lighthouses just seems like it would be so obscure that it might be the answer. And--but eyeglass sounds familiar.

Meredith: What would Alex Trebek say?

Lisa came here to play, so she thinks she's might go for it. She considers the choices some more.

Lisa: You know what, I'm just going to say eyeglasses, final answer.

Lisa drops to $1,000.

Answers:
$100: B: Stars
$200: A: Washing machine
$300: C: Rocket
$500: A: Owl
$1,000: B: Law & Order
$2,000: A: College professor
$4,000: C: Lungs
$8,000: B: Haircuts
$16,000: D: Vietnam
$25,000: A: Lighthouses

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 12/13/07 - Lisa Milazzo

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:56 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lisa Milazzo
Tuckahoe, NY
Stay-at-home mom
Westchester County, so a WE®

$16K: Couldn't remember if the Gulf of Tonkin is near South Korea or Vietnam. ATA.

$25K:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith: What would Alex Trebek say?
Right now, he'd say "Let me out of this damn hospital."

I'm leaning toward eyeglasses, but I would use the PAF. Hopefully, my PAF would lead me away from eyeglasses.

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:02 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
Passed in 1964, the Tonkin Gulf Resolution is named for a body of water located off the coast of which of these countries?

Minor problem with this question -- there was no country called Vietnam in 1964.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:07 pm

TheConfessor wrote:

Minor problem with this question -- there was no country called Vietnam in 1964.
But there is now. Has the Gulf of Tonkin moved in the meantime?

TheConfessor

#5 Post by TheConfessor » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:

But there is now. Has the Gulf of Tonkin moved in the meantime?
Nope. But by phrasing the question to include the naming of the resolution in 1964, it's a little misleading. The resolution isn't renamed every year, according to the latest map. It was named once, in 1964. I agree that it's a valid question, but it could have been clearer.

I also think the word "disproportionate" was not the best choice on the lung question.

7yrscollegedownthedrain

#6 Post by 7yrscollegedownthedrain » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:32 pm

agrees - altho right lung has 3 lobes vs 2 for the left, they are of similiar size, volume, number, etc., which, by definition, makes them proportionial -
In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:01 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:[$1,000
Beginning its eighteen season in 2007, what drama is the longest-running crime series in TV history?

A: The Shield B: Law & Order
C: Without a Trace D: CSI
Technically, Law & Order hasn't "begun" its eighteenth season yet. New episodes have been filmed (with Sam Waterston having been "promoted" to DA, replacing Fred Thompson), but they won't begin to air until January.

NBC is planning to run them alongside episodes of Law & Order Criminal Intent which have already aired this fall on USA Network.

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:23 am

Fresnel Prisms - I have worked with them. They would have bit me in the butt, maybe. I am not sure if I would have been thrilled to recognize the name and it's association with eye glasses and would have jumped on the answer before I sat back and thought about the date and about the fact that it was 'lens' and not 'prism'.

I am thinking I woulda dropped to 1K with all my LLs on the table.

Of course, that was the way I wanted to carsh and burn if I was gonna crash and burn. Go down thinking I knew the answer.

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:24 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Lisa Milazzo
Tuckahoe, NY
Stay-at-home mom
"Stay-at-home mom" is getting to be another "What Else" occupation. Is Tuckahoe in the WE® area?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lisa loves Millionare, but she's afraid to tell Meredith what her daughter's first word was. It was "Trebek".
I find this hard to believe.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4,000
In the human body, what pair of organs are disproportionate in size because one of them makes room for the heart?

A: Kidneys B: Tonsils
C: Lungs D: Vocal cords
I don't know if I'd call them "disproportionate". Different sized, yes, but they could still be "proportionate".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8,000
Much was made of 2007 reports that presidential hopeful John Edwards had paid $400 apiece for two what?

A: Tennis rackets B: Haircuts
C: Massages D: Cigars

Lisa: I'm almost sure I know, but I want to ask the audience.

ATA: A: 3% B: 85% C: 1% D: 11%

Lisa: I was thinking haircuts.
<Sigh> What is it with political candidates and haircuts?

PAF: Lisa calls her friend, Rose.

Rose: Vietnam.

Lisa: Okay. Are your sure?

Rose: 90%

Lisa: Okay, thank you!

Rose: Good luck!

Lisa: Alright, I'll buy you a drink!
[/qulte]

If she hadn't wasted her ATA it would have served her here, I suspect.

$25,000
Invented in 1822 by French physicist August Fresnel, the Fresnel lens was originally developed for use in what?

A: Lighthouses B: Microscopes
C: Binoculars D: Eyeglasses

50/50 leaves A & D.

Lisa: Lighthouses just seems like it would be so obscure that it might be the answer. And--but eyeglass sounds familiar.

Meredith: What would Alex Trebek say?

Lisa came here to play, so she thinks she's might go for it. She considers the choices some more.

Lisa: You know what, I'm just going to say eyeglasses, final answer.

Lisa drops to $1,000.
I think Fresnel lenses are fascinating.

This would have been a nihil obstat® stack up to this point.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:08 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Lisa Milazzo
Tuckahoe, NY
Stay-at-home mom
"Stay-at-home mom" is getting to be another "What Else" occupation. Is Tuckahoe in the WE® area?
Yes, it is. Westchester County, just north of Yonkers.

Incidentally, Tuckahoe was also the home of TV's "Maude".

lisalisa

feedback from my transcript today

#11 Post by lisalisa » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:48 pm

uh, actually my daughter's first word WAS trebek, she heard it every nite while i nursed her for 6 months, this was not mentioned on my application only when the AP asked me unexpectedly what my daughter's first word was
and to be honest i felt quite stupid knowing the haircut question and wasted the ATA that I should have used on the 16K question
of course everyone and their mother told me of course they knew the answer to the 25K question "of course it was lighthouses!"

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#12 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Welcome to the bored (sic)....sorry about that last question. Stick around...most of us don't bite, though some like to get bitten....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

TheConfessor

Re: feedback from my transcript today

#13 Post by TheConfessor » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:18 am

lisalisa wrote:uh, actually my daughter's first word WAS trebek, she heard it every nite while i nursed her for 6 months, this was not mentioned on my application only when the AP asked me unexpectedly what my daughter's first word was
and to be honest i felt quite stupid knowing the haircut question and wasted the ATA that I should have used on the 16K question
of course everyone and their mother told me of course they knew the answer to the 25K question "of course it was lighthouses!"
Hi, Lisa Lisa. Welcome, and please stick around. You're among friends.

Whatever happened to Cult Jam?

jsuchard

#14 Post by jsuchard » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:10 am

7yrscollegedownthedrain wrote:agrees - altho right lung has 3 lobes vs 2 for the left, they are of similiar size, volume, number, etc., which, by definition, makes them proportionial -
That is true to a point.

The left lung, however, has a "mini"-lobe called the lingula, and one could argue that it is, indeed, disproportional to make room for the heart.
* Either Arglebargle IV or someone else.

peacock2121

#15 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:31 am

lisalisa wrote:uh, actually my daughter's first word WAS trebek, she heard it every nite while i nursed her for 6 months, this was not mentioned on my application only when the AP asked me unexpectedly what my daughter's first word was
Tell them to bite you.

I was sure it was eyeglasses.

I do love that you came here and gave a first hand report that what is heard on TV is not always 'the hook' that got one a happy post card. The ones who have yet to sit in the hot seat don't believe me when I say that.

Thanks for stopping by. I do hope you stay around.

earendel

#16 Post by earendel » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:52 pm

Sorry to doubt you, lisalisa, and welcome to the Bored. Don't mind those of us (myself included) who like to "play against the stack".
lisalisa wrote:of course everyone and their mother told me of course they knew the answer to the 25K question "of course it was lighthouses!"
That happened to me also - people claiming they knew the answer to the question I missed. It kinda goes with the territory.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

lisalisa

thanks for all the welcomes & info

#17 Post by lisalisa » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:26 pm

cult jam is here and going strong :)

thank you for all the warm welcomes. in reading thru all the posts you guys seem amazingly intelligent. hope you make it to the hot seat soon!

i wanted to tell you guys i think they are looking for contestants to super password to be on cbs primetime, taping in nyc, apparently it is the same producer as wwtbam and they called me to act as a "run thru" contestant, becuase rules do not allow for me to be on a game show again so soon. i couldn't make it in to nyc to be a run thru but when i called back to tell them i couldn't come in, an AP thought i wanted to audition and seemed very excited to hear from someone who thought wanted to be on the show. hope this makes sense.

lisalisa

anyhoo, i'll try to dig up the phone # and let you guys know it if you're interested. just don't tell em who sent you:)

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#18 Post by silvercamaro » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:29 pm

Welcome, Lisa. We're glad you found us. I hope you'll stick around.

I'm not close enough for Super Password, but I know there are folks here who would be wonderful at that game. Thanks for passing along the information.

ghostjmf

#19 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:51 am

so far so good