Wrapaganza

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Wrapaganza

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:20 pm

I'll cook all day tomorrow, and we'll open presents tomorrow night. All gifts must be wrapped today before my head hits a pillow.

I have helpers.

So far, despite my best efforts, the puppy has chewed the plastic grips off the scissors, cracked the tape dispenser in her small-but-mighty jaws, made confetti out of paper scraps, and nibbled two $20 bills into a soggy mess. The money will be spendable when it dries, but in the meantime I've replaced the twenties with a portrait of General Grant in a "low-tech gift certificate," i.e. pile o' cash. Somebody will come out ahead.

This will be funny next year. With luck, it may even be funny by tomorrow. Late tomorrow.

fuzzywuzzy

Re: Wrapaganza

#2 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I'll cook all day tomorrow, and we'll open presents tomorrow night. All gifts must be wrapped today before my head hits a pillow.

I have helpers.

So far, despite my best efforts, the puppy has chewed the plastic grips off the scissors, cracked the tape dispenser in her small-but-mighty jaws, made confetti out of paper scraps, and nibbled two $20 bills into a soggy mess. The money will be spendable when it dries, but in the meantime I've replaced the twenties with a portrait of General Grant in a "low-tech gift certificate," i.e. pile o' cash. Somebody will come out ahead.

This will be funny next year. With luck, it may even be funny by tomorrow. Late tomorrow.
sc, I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your family! All the lizbit stuff will seem funny by tomorrow! :)

enjoy Isabella!

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Almost like having a 2year old help you, huh?

I have great expectations of you finishing all that wrapping before you go to bed. Good luck!

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Kay

fantine33

#4 Post by fantine33 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:32 pm

silvercamaro wrote:I'll cook all day tomorrow, and we'll open presents tomorrow night. All gifts must be wrapped today before my head hits a pillow.

I have helpers.

I waited until the girls were asleep to wrap (admittedly, not real tough with cats. Ha!).

But the tree has fallen over four times now. Since I don't like Christmas and I'm a procrastinator anyway, I hadn't yet put the bustables on it. Those who want pretty glass sparklies on the tree will be putting them on once they arrive on Tuesday morning and shore up the damn thing.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#5 Post by cindy.wellman » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:59 am

I have helpers.

My heart is with you! I feel better knowing that we're not suffering through this alone. PBR is a pro at stealing ANY sock or whatnot (dryer sheet etc) that falls out of dryer as I'm folding clothes. She has also taken to chewing on her wicker basket that has her toys. I think she has caught on to the fact that when she chews on the basket, I quickly ask both of them if they want a treat! :) She briefly thought it would be ok to try and chew on the legs of the dining room chairs. I put some hot pepper on those, as I wasn't as tolerant when it came to solid wood, as I was with wicker.

I saw in an earlier post that you give rawhide bones to your crew. We decided to do the same thing, but I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure if it was 100% ok for pups. They have been lifesavers!

Say hello to the gang and Merry Christmas!

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:32 am

You gonna get to spend time with your new granddaughter?

How cool will that be!

Enjoy your day, know that you are creating a great holiday for all who love you.

a1mamacat

#7 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:34 am

I have helpers.

Sheesh! Kids
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:53 am

Shiny!

I can relate. In addition to my two pups, my son is home with his lab mix pup, and my parents are here with their little guy. Plus an almost year-old baby. I'm so proud of my little guy - he looks at and touches the ornaments on the tree, but setting them to swinging seems to satisfy, and he hasn't pulled the tree over yet.
I was feeling grumpy and out of sorts, but spent the morning with Christmas music and decorating beautiful (if I say so myself) sugar cookies. I feel better now, even though I still have some shopping to do.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire