AW, CRAP!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

AW, CRAP!

#1 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:46 am

I totally screwed up the QOD!

It's supposed to be what MOVIE has those characters, not what actor portrayed them.

And I had no idea it would be so difficult, I guess because some of those movies are my faves.

I'm going to change a couple things to ratchet it down.

earendel

Re: AW, CRAP!

#2 Post by earendel » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:48 am

fantine33 wrote:I totally screwed up the QOD!

It's supposed to be what MOVIE has those characters, not what actor portrayed them.

And I had no idea it would be so difficult, I guess because some of those movies are my faves.

Gee, I thought it was a bit bizarre - shall I go back and fix my responses?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob Juch

Re: AW, CRAP!

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:52 am

fantine33 wrote:I totally screwed up the QOD!

I think it's easier the way you first had it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#4 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 am

It would have absolutely no effect on my answers, since I put both in the only one I knew, or even heard of....

fantine33

#5 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:55 am

Okay, I've changed it up a little. All the people responding up to mini, please revisit it!

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:32 am

Thank you for your effort.

Thank you for the time you are putting into the whole thing.

It is never the mistakes that get you - it's how you clean them up.

You are doing great!

themanintheseersuckersuit

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:32 pm

peacock2121 wrote:Thank you for your effort.

You are doing great!
I'm with Pea on this.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

ne1410s

#8 Post by ne1410s » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 pm

peacock2121 wrote:

You are doing great!

I'm with Pea on this.
Me, too. Thanks for taking on this hassle.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

fantine33

#9 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:43 pm

ne1410s wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:

You are doing great!

I'm with Pea on this.
Me, too. Thanks for taking on this hassle.
Thank you so much! I was so upset this morning because I keep messing things up. I figured that, at some point, someone would just tell me to give it up if I can't manage to do it right.

I know when I offered to do it I said I was just going to throw some stuff together that I already knew and it wouldn't be fancy. Well, it's stuff I know for the most part, but I should have known that I couldn't keep it simple. In fact, it seems like it's the days with the simple concepts that throw me the most!

I won't blame my brain damage, but there is a disconnect between what I think and what I say or write. I know this, so I should be smart enough to write out everything beforehand and proof it 4850683533 times before I post. I'm going to try to do better.

I was going to ask if people would rather I just cadge some questions from somewhere (a la Trivial Pursuit) and ask them, without regard for categories or fancy schmancy. But you three have given me the impetus to soldier on! You may come to regret that. Ha!

PS Robert Preston! YAY!!!!!11

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#10 Post by kayrharris » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:26 pm

We don't want no stinkin' trivial pursuit questions!

Keep up the good work. Congrats on the new computer. What kind did you get? New stuff scares me. I'm glad to hear someone say something good about Vista.

fantine33

#11 Post by fantine33 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:02 pm

kayrharris wrote:We don't want no stinkin' trivial pursuit questions!

Keep up the good work. Congrats on the new computer. What kind did you get? New stuff scares me. I'm glad to hear someone say something good about Vista.
I really haven't done much on it yet. A couple of things I like and seem to be easier, like desktop properties. A couple things are going to be hella confusing, like they've done away with the "up" arrow that take you one step up the folder tree, it's a back arrow like in IE now. The way things are displayed is also a little confusing, everything seems to be more vertical now rather than horizontal. Once I get used to it, I will probably thing it's better organized that way.

I don't like the way you shut it down now, seems like an extra step or two.

There's a lot of 'permission to continue' and diagnostic crap and wanting to scan every folder on my flash drive type stuff that's a bit annoying.

It's not a Vista thing, but I love the Office 2007! I've only ever used the spreadsheet in Works and the insert is much faster in Excel and the "fill" function is the greatest thing EVER! The other 95% of it I'll probably never figure out how to use.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#12 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:25 am

I was going to ask if people would rather I just cadge some questions from somewhere (a la Trivial Pursuit) and ask them, without regard for categories or fancy schmancy. But you three have given me the impetus to soldier on! You may come to regret that. Ha!
I tried that and did not consider it a success. I'm fairly confident that my few players would agree. I vote for you to soldier on.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

peacock2121

#13 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:58 am

fantine33 wrote:Thank you so much! I was so upset this morning because I keep messing things up. I figured that, at some point, someone would just tell me to give it up if I can't manage to do it right.

But you three have given me the impetus to soldier on! You may come to regret that. Ha!
Our work here is done.

Thanks for listening.

I will not regret it.

peacock2121

#14 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:59 am

I keep thinking that one day I will get this quotes crap right when I don't want to quote the whole thing.

I declare I will never get it right and that is fine.