WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:06 am 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11455
Location: CT
Where's George? Bill Tracking Report


One Dollar Bill, Serial# F6348---8J Series: 2003A
This bill has travelled 118 Miles in 117 Days, 1 Hr, 32 Mins at an average of 1.0 Miles per day.
It is now 118 Miles from its starting location.

28-Jul-09 06:43 PM South Easton, MA 117 Days, 1 Hr, 32 Mins 118 1.0
User's Note received in change at Disneyworld. 02-Apr-09 05:10 PM Stratford, CT Initial Entry n/a n/a
User's Note Marked with 11:11
Click here for Dynamic Google Map (Pop-up)

Now I feel like Hermillion did about her HI non-hit. Why did they wait to log it in when they got back to MA?


You have entered 323 Bills worth $323
Bills with hits: 31 Total hits: 32
Hit rate: 9.60% Slugging Percentage: 9.91% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 590.02
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,744
(out of 52,060 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])

I don't think that is a bad hit rate, is it?

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:09 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29140
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Those are called boomerang bills, but I think most of them are just people who don't really know where they got the bill. I find that about a third of the bills with user notes that say they got them somewhere far away from where they are entering them are hit from my general area..... and that's way too many to be a coincidence.....

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
christie1111 wrote:
I don't think that is a bad hit rate, is it?


It's better than my hit rate, and I passed the 500 bills entered mark, last week. (As a reward, I'm now getting the "one free month of Friends of George" service.)

I presume you spent this George locally? So someone in CT carried it down to WDW, then someone else carried it to MA--practically next door to where it started from!

What are the odds? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:13 am 
Offline
Bored Hooligan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:32 am
Posts: 8010
Location: East Hartford, CT
christie1111 wrote:
Where's George? Bill Tracking Report


One Dollar Bill, Serial# F6348---8J Series: 2003A
This bill has travelled 118 Miles in 117 Days, 1 Hr, 32 Mins at an average of 1.0 Miles per day.
It is now 118 Miles from its starting location.

28-Jul-09 06:43 PM South Easton, MA 117 Days, 1 Hr, 32 Mins 118 1.0
User's Note received in change at Disneyworld. 02-Apr-09 05:10 PM Stratford, CT Initial Entry n/a n/a
User's Note Marked with 11:11
Click here for Dynamic Google Map (Pop-up)

Now I feel like Hermillion did about her HI non-hit. Why did they wait to log it in when they got back to MA?


You have entered 323 Bills worth $323
Bills with hits: 31 Total hits: 32
Hit rate: 9.60% Slugging Percentage: 9.91% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 590.02
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,744
(out of 52,060 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])

I don't think that is a bad hit rate, is it?


Does it matter where they physically are when they log it? Isn't it tied to the user? So if you live in MA, your bills will always show in MA? And that's why you'd comment in you get them in another state? Or do they let you change that?

All I know, is if I was on vaca in WDW, I doubt I'd be rushing to a computer to log in dollar bills!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
christie1111 wrote:
George Score: 590.02
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,744
(out of 52,060 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])


This score looked pretty familiar, so I checked my own (and just updated it, to be sure it's current):

George Score: 590.20
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,743
(out of 52,061 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])

Okay, christie, I see you a step behind me. The race is on! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:23 am 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11455
Location: CT
MarleysGh0st wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
George Score: 590.02
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,744
(out of 52,060 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])


This score looked pretty familiar, so I checked my own (and just updated it, to be sure it's current):

George Score: 590.20
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,743
(out of 52,061 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])

Okay, christie, I see you a step behind me. The race is on! :mrgreen:


Okay, that is a little spooky really.

I am #8744 and you are #8743?

Uh oh, I feel like there is a need for another ranking!

:D

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
christie1111 wrote:
Okay, that is a little spooky really.

I am #8744 and you are #8743?

Uh oh, I feel like there is a need for another ranking!

:D


It is spooky!

Our resident Bored ranking meister just happens to be our resident WG promoter/recruiter. What are the odds he could be talked into adding a WG ranking to his weekly chores? Probably pretty low, huh? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
sunflower wrote:
Does it matter where they physically are when they log it? Isn't it tied to the user? So if you live in MA, your bills will always show in MA? And that's why you'd comment in you get them in another state? Or do they let you change that?

All I know, is if I was on vaca in WDW, I doubt I'd be rushing to a computer to log in dollar bills!


You're supposed to enter your current zip code when you enter a bill. It defaults to your home zip code, but if you're entering bills on the road, you'd have to enter the correct one for where you're at. Yeah, unless you're a very serious Georger, it's easier to just take a stamped bill home with you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:40 am 
Offline
Bored Hooligan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:32 am
Posts: 8010
Location: East Hartford, CT
MarleysGh0st wrote:
sunflower wrote:
Does it matter where they physically are when they log it? Isn't it tied to the user? So if you live in MA, your bills will always show in MA? And that's why you'd comment in you get them in another state? Or do they let you change that?

All I know, is if I was on vaca in WDW, I doubt I'd be rushing to a computer to log in dollar bills!


You're supposed to enter your current zip code when you enter a bill. It defaults to your home zip code, but if you're entering bills on the road, you'd have to enter the correct one for where you're at. Yeah, unless you're a very serious Georger, it's easier to just take a stamped bill home with you.


Thanks - I haven't done it often enough to know that you could change that. Me and my 7 or 8 bills that I entered one day.

So I guess, sitting in your living room in MA, you (not you but this person) could just enter the proper zip code from FL anyway then.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:26 am 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11455
Location: CT
You have entered 323 Bills worth $323
Bills with hits: 32 Total hits: 33
Hit rate: 9.91% Slugging Percentage: 10.22% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 593.00
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,690
(out of 52,049 current users with a George Score. [83.3 Percentile])

Uh oh Marley!

I got a hit last night!

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
christie1111 wrote:
You have entered 323 Bills worth $323
Bills with hits: 32 Total hits: 33
Hit rate: 9.91% Slugging Percentage: 10.22% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 593.00
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,690
(out of 52,049 current users with a George Score. [83.3 Percentile])

Uh oh Marley!

I got a hit last night!


I didn't. I dropped all the way to #8,800, last evening. :(

I've got more stamped bills in circulation than you do; I've hoping somebody eventually finds them!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:33 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29140
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
[Reveal] Spoiler: :lol:
You have entered 38,460 Bills worth $143,567
Bills with hits: 6,029 Total hits: 7,205
Hit rate: 15.68% Slugging Percentage: 18.73% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 1,213.19
Your rank (based on George Score) is #338
(out of 52,050 current users with a George Score. [99.4 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Illinois is: 15 out of 5,404 [99.7]
Your initial entries with hits have traveled a total of 1,879,026 miles.
They have averaged 262.2 miles per hit and 200.89 days between each hit.



lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12231
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
MarleysGh0st wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
You have entered 323 Bills worth $323
Bills with hits: 32 Total hits: 33
Hit rate: 9.91% Slugging Percentage: 10.22% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 593.00
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,690
(out of 52,049 current users with a George Score. [83.3 Percentile])

Uh oh Marley!

I got a hit last night!


I didn't. I dropped all the way to #8,800, last evening. :(

I've got more stamped bills in circulation than you do; I've hoping somebody eventually finds them!

Some grumpy miser is probably hoarding them somewhere.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
christie1111 wrote:
You have entered 323 Bills worth $323
Bills with hits: 32 Total hits: 33
Hit rate: 9.91% Slugging Percentage: 10.22% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 593.00
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,690
(out of 52,049 current users with a George Score. [83.3 Percentile])

Uh oh Marley!

I got a hit last night!



Ha! I got a hit on a $20 this afternoon, which took 27 days to cycle through a bank or something while staying in town.

You have entered 523 Bills worth $3,474
Bills with hits: 28 Total hits: 30
Hit rate: 5.35% Slugging Percentage: 5.74% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 593.59
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,762
(out of 52,271 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])

And now my George Score edged past you, but I'm still behind your most recent ranking. Must have been a good number of others passing us both today. :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
One of my George's showed up in Watkins Glen! Oh, boy! One whole lake away! :P

George Score: 597.22
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,696
(out of 52,219 current users with a George Score. [83.3 Percentile])


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:44 am 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11455
Location: CT
You have entered 349 Bills worth $349
Bills with hits: 32 Total hits: 33
Hit rate: 9.17% Slugging Percentage: 9.46% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 594.61
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,765
(out of 52,224 current users with a George Score. [83.2 Percentile])


Sigh.

I gave a couple of WG bills to a BB in Shades of Green last night. But I told her I Don't think she can enter them if I just handed them to her.

If I am wrong, let me know.

But I did spend a bunch yesterday. Maybe one of them will show up soon.

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
christie1111 wrote:
I gave a couple of WG bills to a BB in Shades of Green last night. But I told her I Don't think she can enter them if I just handed them to her.

If I am wrong, let me know.


Right, that would be against the rules.

Quote:
#1 Natural Circulation
The purpose of Where's George? is to track the natural and geographic circulation of currency. This means that any bills you enter should be spent by you in the normal course of everyday life. Giving bills to friends, relatives and/or associates for the purpose of re-entry into the website violates the whole premise of Where's George?. After you enter any bills, just enter them into natural circulation by spending them as you would any other bills. Sending bills via U.S mail or any transportation methods to people in other locales does not constitute natural and geographic circulation. In general, the Where's George? definition of natural and geographic circulation is spending your cash in the course of any normal transaction with any unknown person/entity.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:29 am 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11455
Location: CT
You have entered 349 Bills worth $349
Bills with hits: 33 Total hits: 34
Hit rate: 9.46% Slugging Percentage: 9.74% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 597.51
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,681
(out of 52,145 current users with a George Score. [83.4 Percentile])

Marley, I got a hit today....

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
D'oh!

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:55 am
Posts: 27687
Location: Elsewhere
No hits for me today, but I did enter a few more bills:

You have entered 543 Bills worth $3,533
Bills with hits: 29 Total hits: 31
Hit rate: 5.34% Slugging Percentage: 5.71% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 597.51
Your rank (based on George Score) is #8,738
(out of 52,334 current users with a George Score. [83.3 Percentile])

:)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 4826
Location: The Great State of Texas
My Hit Rate is pathetic

You have entered 537 Bills worth $1,792
Bills with hits: 23 Total hits: 24
Hit rate: 4.28% Slugging Percentage: 4.47% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 572.61
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,185
(out of 52,368 current users with a George Score. [82.5 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 419 out of 7,995 [94.8]

_________________
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 pm 
Offline
11:11
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 am
Posts: 11455
Location: CT
TheCalvinator24 wrote:
My Hit Rate is pathetic

You have entered 537 Bills worth $1,792
Bills with hits: 23 Total hits: 24
Hit rate: 4.28% Slugging Percentage: 4.47% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 572.61
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,185
(out of 52,368 current users with a George Score. [82.5 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 419 out of 7,995 [94.8]


How do you mark them?

What color?

Maybe you need to be more obvious.

_________________
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29140
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
christie1111 wrote:
TheCalvinator24 wrote:
My Hit Rate is pathetic

You have entered 537 Bills worth $1,792
Bills with hits: 23 Total hits: 24
Hit rate: 4.28% Slugging Percentage: 4.47% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 572.61
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,185
(out of 52,368 current users with a George Score. [82.5 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 419 out of 7,995 [94.8]


How do you mark them?

What color?

Maybe you need to be more obvious.



I think Cal is entering bills at a faster pace than you, so his hit rate is gonna be lower in the short run..... it should improve with time.....

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 4826
Location: The Great State of Texas
christie1111 wrote:
TheCalvinator24 wrote:
My Hit Rate is pathetic

You have entered 537 Bills worth $1,792
Bills with hits: 23 Total hits: 24
Hit rate: 4.28% Slugging Percentage: 4.47% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 572.61
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,185
(out of 52,368 current users with a George Score. [82.5 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 419 out of 7,995 [94.8]


How do you mark them?

What color?

Maybe you need to be more obvious.


I use a red fine point Sharpie. The URL along the left margin. Underline the serial number in both spots and circle the series.

_________________
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: WG Update
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 4826
Location: The Great State of Texas
Had another hit last night:

You have entered 537 Bills worth $1,792
Bills with hits: 24 Total hits: 25
Hit rate: 4.47% Slugging Percentage: 4.66% (total hits/total bills)
George Score: 576.53
Your rank (based on George Score) is #9,050
(out of 52,113 current users with a George Score. [82.6 Percentile])
Your State Rank in Texas is: 379 out of 7,997 [95.3]

_________________
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 942 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.