speaking of drains

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BigDrawMan

speaking of drains

#1 Post by BigDrawMan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:35 pm

a good investment is a drain insert, which lets water in, and keeps hair out.
Take it from one who has thick,shiny, luxurious to-die-for hair.
and son of sewer king of the southside.
I dont torture mallards all the time, but when I do, I prefer waterboarding.

-Carl the Duck

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: speaking of drains

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:29 pm

BigDrawMan wrote:a good investment is a drain insert, which lets water in, and keeps hair out.
Is there any such thing as a reverse drain insert? To back up captured crap? Other than Drano? Or rebuilding?

Inquiring non-goutridden toes want to know.
Well, then

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:31 pm

Those things make me gag. No one ever cleans them. They are gross.

BigDrawMan

#4 Post by BigDrawMan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
BigDrawMan wrote:a good investment is a drain insert, which lets water in, and keeps hair out.
Is there any such thing as a reverse drain insert? To back up captured crap? Other than Drano? Or rebuilding?

its a little mini drain type thing
cost $1.43

stops hair dead

-Carl the Duck

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:34 pm

BigDrawMan wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

cost $1.43

stops hair dead
And makes the peahen gag.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:35 pm

BigDrawMan wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

cost $1.43

stops hair dead
But, do we need to totally disassemble our pipes and such to declog the 20 years of shit that hangs there? If so, I'm willing to do it.
Well, then

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#7 Post by sunflower » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:03 am

I can't use those. I have that plunger type of drain where the is a thing in the center that goes up a 1/4 inch or so, so that there is a small space where particles and hair can flow freely down, and not much can be done to stop it.

I use a zip it to get the hair and particles out every so often. Depending on what I products I use, I must do this as often as every 2 weeks or as infrequent as every 2 months.
Spoiler

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 am

sunflower wrote:I can't use those. I have that plunger type of drain where the is a thing in the center that goes up a 1/4 inch or so, so that there is a small space where particles and hair can flow freely down, and not much can be done to stop it.
Au contraire...
You need one of these:
Description
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:29 am

They are gross. They get dirty and slimy and make me gag. I prefer drano.

My hair is also short enough that I can end up with most of what is going to fall out during shampooing and conditioning in my hand.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:04 am

sunflower wrote:I can't use those. I have that plunger type of drain where the is a thing in the center that goes up a 1/4 inch or so, so that there is a small space where particles and hair can flow freely down, and not much can be done to stop it.

I use a zip it to get the hair and particles out every so often. Depending on what I products I use, I must do this as often as every 2 weeks or as infrequent as every 2 months.
Spoiler

I think your problem may be more than just hair and particles.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:08 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

Spoiler

lb13
Hey I found it! No, not a squirrel butt in my drain but someone else's avatar change.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

Spoiler

lb13
Hey I found it! No, not a squirrel butt in my drain but someone else's avatar change.

Is this your first Found It? Congratulations!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:26 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

lb13
I was elated at my first found it but now I'm oddly not. How do people keep doing it?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

peacock2121

#14 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

lb13
I was elated at my first found it but now I'm oddly not. How do people keep doing it?

Some must like games more than you like games.

BigDrawMan

#15 Post by BigDrawMan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:41 am

peacock2121 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Some must like games more than you like games.

i wouldnt call 9 years a lot
in astronomic time

-Carl the Duck

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#16 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

lb13
They get to brag about being a squillion ahead of everybody else.

:mrgreen:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

NellyLunatic1980

#17 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:22 am

Estonut wrote:
Au contraire...
You need one of these:
Description
My grandmother used to have one of those on her bathtub drain.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 am

Every couple years, my bathroom sink finally rebels against all the toothpaste, and the drain slows to a crawl. There usta be about half a dozen of those enzyme drain cleaner brands on the market, but sadly, last week at Kroger's there were none. So I went to the organic supermarket (and was appalled at the number and variety of bottled water for sale) and bought some powdered gunk which finally did the job after a week of daily treatments. I figure once a week from now until we move out.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#19 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Every couple years, my bathroom sink finally rebels against all the toothpaste, and the drain slows to a crawl. There usta be about half a dozen of those enzyme drain cleaner brands on the market, but sadly, last week at Kroger's there were none. So I went to the organic supermarket (and was appalled at the number and variety of bottled water for sale) and bought some powdered gunk which finally did the job after a week of daily treatments. I figure once a week from now until we move out.
For future reference, I finally got the gunk in my bathroom sink drain cleared with ordinary baking soda and white vinegar. The same combo works like a charm to clean off the slime/bacteria culture that accumulates on the rubber gasket above the garbage disposal in the kitchen.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#20 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:57 am

silvercamaro wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:Every couple years, my bathroom sink finally rebels against all the toothpaste, and the drain slows to a crawl. There usta be about half a dozen of those enzyme drain cleaner brands on the market, but sadly, last week at Kroger's there were none. So I went to the organic supermarket (and was appalled at the number and variety of bottled water for sale) and bought some powdered gunk which finally did the job after a week of daily treatments. I figure once a week from now until we move out.
For future reference, I finally got the gunk in my bathroom sink drain cleared with ordinary baking soda and white vinegar. The same combo works like a charm to clean off the slime/bacteria culture that accumulates on the rubber gasket above the garbage disposal in the kitchen.
But I gave $9 for the fancy-schmancy gunk at Back to Eden! ((((whiiiiiiine))))

Kidding. Thanks for the tip. I have both those items in the pantry now.