PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/11/09 John Zimcosky (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/11/09 John Zimcosky (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:00 am

"John Zimcosky was just fourteen years old when Millionaire began in 1999. Now, at 24, he finds himself just five questions away from winning $1 Million, on Night 3 of the return of Millionaire to PrimeTime!"

John Zimcosky
Chicago, Illinois
Financial Analyst

Regis asks John what he would do with the $25,000 he has won. John responds with an eclectic list that includes getting a new car ("I have a 1993 Saturn..."), going to Vegas, and doing a little gambling. With a million dollars, John would like to invest in a new house and go on an all-out trip to Europe.

Regis: "And what about your God-fearing mother who nagged you and nagged you to come here in the first place??" (audience cheers at this)

Topic Tree:

Special Delivery
Amella Earhart
Gimme Your Digits
Brave New Words
Long Strange Trip
Exotic Cuisine
Rock Writing
Online Shopping
Common Ground
Diver Down
The Dickens
The Graduate
What a Joke!
Look It Up
Total Meltdown

John is going for $50,000.
Two lifelines left - Double Dip, Phone-a-Friend

$50,000 - Before returning to the UK in July, controversial singer Amy Winehouse spent most of 2009 vacationing on what island nation?
A - St. Kitts and Nevis
B - Saint Lucia
C - Cyprus
D - Kiribati (Regis correctly pronounces this as "Kiri-bas")

John wishes he'd read People magazine more. He thinks he's heard it though. After a 16-second warning, John wishes to PAF, stopping the clock at 9 seconds.

John's PAF Team
Bob, Grand Haven, MI
Bernadette, Downers Grove, IL
John, Bay City, MI

Perusing his list of PAFs, Regis asks if Aunt Bernadette would know about Amy Winehouse, to which John replies with a firm, "No." John elects Bob over his dad, John.
PAF Results
John starts the question from the phrase "Amy Winehouse spent..." and gives all four choices (pronouncing, perhaps appropriately, Kiribati phonetically). John is done reading by the 17 second mark, at which point Bob asks for John to repeat the first word. Bob doesn't have an answer for John as time runs out.
Wasting no time, John stops the clock at 6 seconds to use the Double Dip.
DD Results
John's first answer, C - Cyprus, is incorrect. With 2 seconds left, John replies with A - St. Kitts and Nevis, which is also wrong.
Spoiler
B - Saint Lucia
John leaves with $25,000.

Regis: "You know, we just heard from his aunt, she's good friends with Amy Winehouse!"

He's kidding.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/11/09 John Zimcosky (carryover)

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:47 am

I'm really glad Regis pronounced Kiribati correctly. Kinda weird that he pronounced this word correctly, yet had two chances to pronounce an easier word later in the broadcast and blew it both times. More on that in a couple of minutes.

I don't follow Amy Winehouse, but I did vaguely remember that she stayed somewhere that had the word "Saint" in it. I would've Double Dipped on A and B.

Jeemie

#3 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:54 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:I'm really glad Regis pronounced Kiribati correctly. Kinda weird that he pronounced this word correctly, yet had two chances to pronounce an easier word later in the broadcast and blew it both times. More on that in a couple of minutes.

I don't follow Amy Winehouse, but I did vaguely remember that she stayed somewhere that had the word "Saint" in it. I would've Double Dipped on A and B.
Upon reading the question, I had the exact same thinking.

My first choice was St. Kitts and Nevis- my second would have been St. Lucia.
1979 City of Champions 2009

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 am

Jeemie wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:I'm really glad Regis pronounced Kiribati correctly. Kinda weird that he pronounced this word correctly, yet had two chances to pronounce an easier word later in the broadcast and blew it both times. More on that in a couple of minutes.

Looks like for us, it was fortunate that they didn't make two or all three of the wrong answers islands that contained the word "Saint".

Jeemie

#5 Post by Jeemie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:15 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Looks like for us, it was fortunate that they didn't make two or all three of the wrong answers islands that contained the word "Saint".
Well, if that had happened...since I would have had ATE (maybe), PAF, and DD left, I probably would have Google PAFed

Of course, this was the stack that started with the website FF that I would have bombed by putting Google as older than EBay, so I never would have seen this one.
1979 City of Champions 2009

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 am

50K: I did not know. Ask Expert, not because I think they'd know, but if they were a news-person expert (I forget) they might.

I have Cyprus in my head in relation to Winehouse, but she may just have had a dustup or got off a plane or something there.

If expert doesn't know, double dip because its all I have left & this is 50K Q. One of my dips would have been Cyprus. One would not have been Kiribati; I couldn't see Winehouse that far away from "civilization as she knows it" for a whole year.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 am

Here's an article about John's appearance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/inde ... _wins.html