All right, fine

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

All right, fine

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:24 pm

I am here.

Thanks to the many people who sent me emails. I was out of town, for good reason. I played bar trivia two nights -- and learned I should not drink when there is money at stake* -- and taped Crosswords on the middle day. There was an enormous train wreck, which I was or was not part of, and it will be fabulous TV, whenever it airs.

I am leaving again Friday for the road, so I will not have a lot of time to join all the excitement here until later. But it looks like fun, for sure!

*In 1846 the Congress declared war on Mexico, not Texas, even though there is an "ex" sequence in both.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Glad to have you back, Skoop!

Hope the taping was fun, trainwreck or not, of which you were or were not a part.

:roll:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 pm

YAHOOOO!!

About time.

Can't wait to see it! Your show, I mean. Not the train wreck.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 pm

Skoop! She made it! Yayyy!!!
Well, then

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:34 pm

Welcome Skoop.

Glad you were able to folow the bread crumbs.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: All right, fine

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:49 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I was out of town, for good reason.
You need a reason? Glad you're here. Retroactive good luck. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:55 pm

I am glad that you made it :)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#8 Post by ulysses5019 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:09 am

*In 1846 the Congress declared war on Mexico, not Texas, even though there is an "ex" sequence in both.

well......that's what you get for drinking Pearl Beer and not Silver Patron.....

I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Ritterskoop

#9 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:13 am

My new license plate arrived while I was gone:

I changed

SKOOP

to

ODE2JOY
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

#10 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:36 am

Oh, and for those who keep track of such things, I wore the new blue shirt I bought to audition in, and a chocolate-colored skirt Melleon and Kay and I picked out in Atlanta at a store where I am a size 3. Weird store.

Also these shoes, which I got at Lady Foot Locker and were a size small but I decided I could wear them for half an hour, which turned out to be most of the day but I took them off in the green room a lot. The show insisted on rubber soles in case you are walking down that ramp.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/27308089/c/84.html

I paid less than the zappo's people are asking. Though I guess that's the tradeoff for them being a size small. Maybe Mom will want them.

I wore the $6 earrings and drew on some eyebrows and everything. I spent the longest in the makeup chair of everyone in my group (2 Girls, 2 Gay Men, and Nathan. That's what we named ourselves.).
--------

peacock2121

#11 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:37 am

I love your recap.

So glad you are here.

Life just isn't the same without skoop

or

ode2joy

I love someone who can poke fun at themself.

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:31 am

Welcome to our new home, Skoop!
Ritterskoop wrote:There was an enormous train wreck, which I was or was not part of, and it will be fabulous TV, whenever it airs.
I hope it's an episode we'll be able to see in the once-a-day markets.

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:50 am

SKoopy's here!1

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#14 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:34 pm

I am hoping you did wonderfully, pal-o-mine!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#15 Post by kayrharris » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:25 pm

I'm exhausted having just returned from my trip to Bordeaux and Marbella. My body now thinks it's 1AM and I'm catching a cold.

Skoop is staying with my sister this weekend, whom she has never met. I hope things went well. I was going with her until this Europe trip came up. She was brave and went anyway. I can't wait to find out how things went and I hope the Panthers win!

I've got some catching up to do in increasing my post count for sure, but it may take a few days. Looks like I missed 2 good college football weekends with the number one team losing both Saturdays. What's up with that?

Ritterskoop

#16 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:58 am

kayrharris wrote:Skoop is staying with my sister this weekend, whom she has never met. I hope things went well. I was going with her until this Europe trip came up. She was brave and went anyway. I can't wait to find out how things went and I hope the Panthers win!
All good. She's interesting. The roof was closed on the stadium and the game was exciting. 10-9 midway through the 4th quarter had me nervous, but Vinny Vidi Vici and all that. I'd said earlier, all he had to do was get the ball to Steve Smith, and he did.

A Cards fan gave me some hassle on the walk to the shuttle bus, but he got over it when I showed him the Pat Tillman jersey I'd bought.

I am scheduled on the overnight flight home, but the airline said there are plenty of seats on the early afternoon flights, so I will be home tonight in stead of in the morning. I have school and work tomorrow; that was going to be ugly.
--------

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#17 Post by kayrharris » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:21 am

You're being very polite. Interesting Is a nice way to describe my sister. I told you we are exact opposites.

Glad the Panthers won. We didn't get it here, but I tried to keep up with the score. A backup backup quarterback it seems???

Have a safe trip home!

fuzzywuzzy

#18 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:30 am

Hiya skoop...long time since I chatted with ya!

I hope that all is well with you and your Mom.

Can't wait to hear about your experience...

Take care...

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland