10 Years Ago Today....

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: 10 Years Ago Today....

#51 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:21 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:

Poor LB would have to travel alone?? Have a heart sprots...

kay

I guess I could take you with me, but then who would babysit the theoretical kitties I'm supposed to get.....?

lb13
They'll be fine; the lowlifes next door will come over and feed and water them as much as you say. They might even come up with a few scritches.

But who's going to come over and scritch ES?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#52 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

I guess I could take you with me, but then who would babysit the theoretical kitties I'm supposed to get.....?

lb13
They'll be fine; the lowlifes next door will come over and feed and water them as much as you say. They might even come up with a few scritches.

lb13
LOL! You're asking me? Good one, LB!

P.S. Read the line below my avatar . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#53 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:24 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

lb13
LOL! You're asking me? Good one, LB!

P.S. Read the line below my avatar . . .
Oh yeah, time for an avatar change. The Giants beat us again. :(
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#54 Post by tubadave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:33 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:You know, I will admit that when I typed this little story I figured a smartass or two might comment on that little factoid about me I threw in there, but I am surprised there seemed to be such a :shock: reaction to it. Sheesh, am I that bad because I've never really had the urge to go anywhere by myself before?

But fear not those of you who think I don't get out enough. By next Tuesday afternoon, I hope to be a little over 500 miles away from here...... on my own...... assuming the LBN can make it that far without the wheels falling off.....

tubadave wrote:LB, I have Southwest buddy passes....I'll gladly send you one. Take a vacation. Come to Texas and watch the Rangers with me. Or something. But you have to got to get out more. :p

I will pass on the buddy passes since flying doesn't interest me in the least (The drive/ride is half the trip experience), but hold that second thought for another year. Once I visit Cleveland, I believe Arlington becomes one of the next closest parks to me that I have not been to yet. If I come down there though, I expect you to buy me a Pepsi..... :P

lb13
Just getting caught up on some posts I've missed the last few days.....

LB, if you make it down to Texas at some point, I will totally buy you a Pepsi (I may opt for a Mountain Dew, myself) come to the game with you (maybe Texas will have remembered how to score by then!) and (if frugality is your preference) let you crash on my couch (I live within 5 minutes of two KFC's and two Mickey D's.) :mrgreen:
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

Estonut
Evil Genius

#55 Post by Estonut » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 pm

tubadave wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:You know, I will admit that when I typed this little story I figured a smartass or two might comment on that little factoid about me I threw in there, but I am surprised there seemed to be such a :shock: reaction to it. Sheesh, am I that bad because I've never really had the urge to go anywhere by myself before?

But fear not those of you who think I don't get out enough. By next Tuesday afternoon, I hope to be a little over 500 miles away from here...... on my own...... assuming the LBN can make it that far without the wheels falling off.....

tubadave wrote:LB, I have Southwest buddy passes....I'll gladly send you one. Take a vacation. Come to Texas and watch the Rangers with me. Or something. But you have to got to get out more. :p

I will pass on the buddy passes since flying doesn't interest me in the least (The drive/ride is half the trip experience), but hold that second thought for another year. Once I visit Cleveland, I believe Arlington becomes one of the next closest parks to me that I have not been to yet. If I come down there though, I expect you to buy me a Pepsi..... :P

lb13

LB, if you make it down to Texas at some point, I will totally buy you a Pepsi (I may opt for a Mountain Dew, myself) come to the game with you (maybe Texas will have remembered how to score by then!) and (if frugality is your preference) let you crash on my couch (I live within 5 minutes of two KFC's and two Mickey D's.) :mrgreen:
Dave, I think lb13 is a guy...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#56 Post by tubadave » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:38 pm

Estonut wrote:
tubadave wrote:

lb13

Dave, I think lb13 is a guy...
Not sure how an offer of hospitality gets interpreted as propositioning, but whatever. :shock: :roll:
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

Estonut
Evil Genius

#57 Post by Estonut » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:21 am

tubadave wrote:Not sure how an offer of hospitality gets interpreted as propositioning, but whatever. :shock: :roll:
It just struck me as funny how hard you were trying to get Mr. Stationary to visit TX. As if he were a girl...
Groucho Marx

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#58 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:17 am

Estonut wrote:
tubadave wrote:Not sure how an offer of hospitality gets interpreted as propositioning, but whatever. :shock: :roll:
It just struck me as funny how hard you were trying to get Mr. Stationary to visit TX. As if he were a girl...
Perhaps Mr. Armchair Comedian is jealous, hoping I make a trip to see him in SoCal.....?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Estonut
Evil Genius

#59 Post by Estonut » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Perhaps Mr. Armchair Comedian is jealous, hoping I make a trip to see him in SoCal.....?
Look at a map. I'm out of your 30-mile range...
Groucho Marx

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#60 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Estonut wrote:It just struck me as funny how hard you were trying to get Mr. Stationary to visit TX. As if he were a girl...
Look at a map. I'm out of your 30-mile range...

You don't think I can get there? It may take a while, but I have my ways....

lb13

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#61 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Tell that squirrel to get the heck off Matias! The kid is working out -- doing pushups on the beach -- and he gets attacked by a fuzz-faced cowboy wannabe. It's not right, I tell you!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#62 Post by Evil Squirrel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 pm

silvercamaro wrote:Tell that squirrel to get the heck off Matias! The kid is working out -- doing pushups on the beach -- and he gets attacked by a fuzz-faced cowboy wannabe. It's not right, I tell you!

You saying you wouldn't love the feel of a fluffy squirrel sitting on your bare back? Just ask Annie how much she loves it....
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#63 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Evil Squirrel wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:Tell that squirrel to get the heck off Matias! The kid is working out -- doing pushups on the beach -- and he gets attacked by a fuzz-faced cowboy wannabe. It's not right, I tell you!

You saying you wouldn't love the feel of a fluffy squirrel sitting on your bare back? Just ask Annie how much she loves it....
The only place I like the feel of a fluffy squirrel is between my teeth. Mangy fur floss is quite effective for getting rid of little pieces of stuck kibble.

/ :P \
Sou iu koto de.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#64 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 am

Thanks, SC! That's exactly right.

He pushes himself up so he's standing, then takes a few steps.

Clayton made up to him Sunday, but then, Clayton's a hussy. It was very cute.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#65 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:09 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:With a man on and one out in the 8th inning, with the Royals still trailing 4-3, Quinn would not only put KC ahead, but put his name on a list in the record books that to this day still only has 2 other names on it. Off of reliever Shigetoshi Hasegawa, Quinn would smack his second homerun of the game, which put the Royals up 5-4. And while the shoddy Royals bullpen would later lose the game for them, one thing they could not piss away was Quinn's place in baseball history. Only the Browns' Bob Nieman (Ironically on this day 58 years ago) and the A's Bert Campaneris on July 23, 1964 had ever hit a pair of homers in their Major League debut prior to Quinn. I am still amazed to this day that it has only happened three times EVER, but of course, I am always rooting against every player who makes their debut to not go yard twice, thus preserving the absolute rarity of the event I got to witness.....

lb13

Sigh..... :(

lb13

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#66 Post by ontellen » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:00 pm

Must not have seen the Blue Jays game today.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#67 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:32 am

ontellen wrote:Must not have seen the Blue Jays game today.

I did see the highlights of the game, which is why I made that post. The original quote is from last September....

lb13

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#68 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 am

FisherCats, huh? Rain Man is fascinated with Turkish Van swimming cats....
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#69 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:07 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Image

I'll pretend I know what the hell that means..... :P

lb13

minimetoo26

#70 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:10 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

A breed of cat that likes to swim. Pretty straightforward... :P

Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

Spilly
Four-Footer

#71 Post by Spilly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:13 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

GLUBGLUBGLUB! OhBoy GLUBGLUBGLUB! OhBoy GLUBGLUBGLUB! OhBoy!!!! GLUBGLUBGLUBGLUBGLUB.......

minimetoo26

#72 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:20 am

Reading over the original thread, I can't recall going off but so far by myself until I was about 28. You always go with someone back and forth to college or theme parks if for no other reason than to share gas or only one of your friends has a car. I think my first solo long distance trip was flying up to NY to meet Steve for Christmas break and we drove back together (he had driven up previously but I was working,) so it was a matter of a flight lasting less than an hour by myself.

It's cheaper to go with someone and share expenses! And funner.

-Carl Sagan

minimetoo26

#73 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:23 am

Spilly wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

GLUBGLUBGLUB! OhBoy GLUBGLUBGLUB! OhBoy GLUBGLUBGLUB! OhBoy!!!! GLUBGLUBGLUBGLUBGLUB.......
He wants to get one and play with it in the pool. I think Rain Man is more cat than human. Very anti-social, or at least indifferent to human companionship...

-Carl Sagan

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#74 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:25 am

Spilly wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

This seemed too odd to be true, but it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Van
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

minimetoo26

#75 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:29 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
Spilly wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:

This seemed too odd to be true, but it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Van

If you want to know about geography or cats, ask Rain Man. I played that Lufthansa game 53,724 times trying to come close to his first attempt and I'm 3 times his age. The kid knows what he knows!

-Carl Sagan