Meow!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
sunflower
Bored Hooligan

Re: Meow!

#101 Post by sunflower » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:03 pm

kayrharris wrote:
gsabc wrote:
Odyssey wrote:Have you ever had a cat? They know their names.
They may knowthem, but do they come when you use it?

I am a cat person, despite the avatar. I have had a cat that came to the sound of a can opener. Another came to a whistle (very doglike; would even follow my parents around the block on their walks). The current two respond to the sound of their bowls being rattled, the spoons clinking in the drawer, and even a pop-top sound, all of which have to do with their getting moist canned food. But come when you call their names? Fuggedaboudit!

I'll have to say, Kitty came when I called him. Of course, his name was Kitty, but still....

kay
My best friend growing up had a cat named Mischief. The cat did not come when you called for Mischief, but did come if you yelled out "cat"!! At some point we all just started calling her Cat.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#102 Post by sunflower » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:08 pm

And I don't know why I didn't write this in my other post, but oh well...growing up all my cats were named Nancy. I think after the comic strip...I don't remember how many there were but I used to take in strays and then they'd die, so there were a few. Somehow I managed to find all the stray cats with cancer, my mom would shell out hundreds to keep me from being distraught, then they'd die anyway.

My cat that I used to have as an adult was named Luca, after Luca Brasi in the Godfather. But everyone thought it was after the song Luka...especially since I live on the second floor. But Luca wanted me to sleep with the fishes, I think (he was evil) and now he sleeps with the fishes...well, not really, now he lounges with some rich family in Westport...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#103 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Dad, Mom, and Sister #4 just stopped by, the latter two armed with their cameras. Mom did not bring her USB cord, and since neither my desktop or laptop had a port for their cards, I'm going to have to wait until they email me the pictures they took of Feisty & Odyssey. But some of them are pretty good....

Hopefully I will have them up shortly.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

christie1111
11:11

#104 Post by christie1111 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:04 pm

Tape, tape, tape......

:D
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#105 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 pm

sunflower wrote:And I don't know why I didn't write this in my other post, but oh well...growing up all my cats were named Nancy. I think after the comic strip...I don't remember how many there were but I used to take in strays and then they'd die, so there were a few. Somehow I managed to find all the stray cats with cancer, my mom would shell out hundreds to keep me from being distraught, then they'd die anyway.

My cat that I used to have as an adult was named Luca, after Luca Brasi in the Godfather. But everyone thought it was after the song Luka...especially since I live on the second floor. But Luca wanted me to sleep with the fishes, I think (he was evil) and now he sleeps with the fishes...well, not really, now he lounges with some rich family in Westport...

No wonder ghost doesn't like you, you stole her cat!!!!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#106 Post by kayrharris » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:13 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Dad, Mom, and Sister #4 just stopped by, the latter two armed with their cameras. Mom did not bring her USB cord, and since neither my desktop or laptop had a port for their cards, I'm going to have to wait until they email me the pictures they took of Feisty & Odyssey. But some of them are pretty good....

lb13
I bet you that new laptop does have a port - sometimes you just have to know wher to look for it. I didn't find the one on mine for several weeks! :roll: Just sayin'...

kay

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#107 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 pm

kayrharris wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Dad, Mom, and Sister #4 just stopped by, the latter two armed with their cameras. Mom did not bring her USB cord, and since neither my desktop or laptop had a port for their cards, I'm going to have to wait until they email me the pictures they took of Feisty & Odyssey. But some of them are pretty good....

lb13
I bet you that new laptop does have a port - sometimes you just have to know wher to look for it. I didn't find the one on mine for several weeks! :roll: Just sayin'...

kay
It might not be the right one, I think that only the smaller cards usually fit in the a laptop slot. My laptop has a 5-1 port, but the card for my camera won't fit, I have to use the desktop which has a 13-1 port.
Screw you guys, I'm going home.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#108 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:19 pm

kayrharris wrote:

lb13

kay

I had Sister #4 look at it. If she couldn't find one, then there wasn't one....

lb13

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#109 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:19 pm

Am I going to have to get on the horn with MaBeast and light a fire under her bahonka to get that email sent?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#110 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Southpaw Fanny wrote:Am I going to have to get on the horn with MaBeast and light a fire under her bahonka to get that email sent?

You can, but she is getting ready for bowling tonight (I'll be going out to watch since I am off work). Sister#4 is in charge of downloading the pics and sending the email.....

She's a mean one though, so you may not be able to intimidate her.....

lb13

christie1111
11:11

#111 Post by christie1111 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Southpaw Fanny wrote:Am I going to have to get on the horn with MaBeast and light a fire under her bahonka to get that email sent?

Now that would be a great conversation!

"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#112 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:22 pm

christie1111 wrote:

It would just devolve into a discussion of Colorado Springs though, and the pics would NEVER get sent.....

lb13

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#113 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:23 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

You can, but she is getting ready for bowling tonight (I'll be going out to watch since I am off work). Sister#4 is in charge of downloading the pics and sending the email.....

She's a mean one though, so you may not be able to intimidate her.....

lb13
And I'm not mean? Please......

I'd just do it the easy way and call my Pikes Peak Buddy and have her make a call and lay down the law to her daughter!

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#114 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 pm

christie1111 wrote:

MaBeast loves me! She watches the Colorado Springs traffic cams all day just so she can call me to let me know if there's a bad spot that Mary Jean and I should steer clear of while we're out and about....

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#115 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Southpaw Fanny wrote:
christie1111 wrote:

MaBeast loves me! She watches the Colorado Springs traffic cams all day just so she can call me to let me know if there's a bad spot that Mary Jean and I should steer clear of while we're out and about....

Hopefully the pics of DaddyBeast holding the kitties gets sent. She was worried I didn't want him in the pictures (Since she knew I was going to post them on the Bored), but I told her everyone here knows and loves my Dad, so they wouldn't mind at all.....

lb13

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#116 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:27 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Southpaw Fanny wrote:
christie1111 wrote:

Hopefully the pics of DaddyBeast holding the kitties gets sent. She was worried I didn't want him in the pictures (Since she knew I was going to post them on the Bored), but I told her everyone here knows and loves my Dad, so they wouldn't mind at all.....

lb13
Doesn't this now make him GrandpaBeast?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#117 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Southpaw Fanny wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Southpaw Fanny wrote:

lb13

Well, we would have to distinguish him from Kiki's boyfriend.....

Though he has been GrandpaBeast now for 13 years since my first nephew was born.....

lb13

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#118 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:35 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Southpaw Fanny wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

Well, we would have to distinguish him from Kiki's boyfriend.....

Though he has been GrandpaBeast now for 13 years since my first nephew was born.....

lb13
Your dad is Kiki's boyfriend??? Does MaBeast know about this?

The nephew doesn't count because he wasn't your baby. He's not GrandpaBeast to you until you have babies of your own.

We would always tell the cats and dogs, "go over and see grandpa!" and my Dad would yell, "I am not that animal's grandfather!" (Then he'd lay down on the floor and rumpus with them for hours....)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#119 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 am

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

lb13

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#120 Post by T_Bone0806 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:57 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

lb13

Thanks for the first smiles of the day.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

a1mamacat

#121 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:17 am

Oh Bizkit, you need to honor and revere you elder brother.

He is one of the bestest boyz Eveh!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!