Meow!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Re: Meow!

#51 Post by christie1111 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:20 pm

With your enjoyment of burnt food, why am I not surprised that you got black cats!

I will remember the adoption date of the kitties, it is my 21st anniversary.

:D
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

peacock2121

#52 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:22 pm

What happy new!

I think one should be named Evil and one should be named Squirrel.

christie1111
11:11

#53 Post by christie1111 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:31 pm

So I was pretty good at predicting. Thursday, two kitties not one.

I am okay with that.

What is going to happen when you go to Cleveland?
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#54 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 pm

christie1111 wrote:So I was pretty good at predicting. Thursday, two kitties not one.

I am okay with that.

What is going to happen when you go to Cleveland?

Sister #4 is a good house-sitter.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

tlynn78

#55 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Reege and Mere?

What about Naomi?

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#56 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:50 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Right now they are both huddled up behind a box in the room I put the litter box in. They haven't moved from there since I brought them into there to show them, so hopefully they will warm up a bit to the place once they get over the shock of being taken from their old home......

lb13
Now that they've wormed their way into your heart, we can tell you the truth. They weren't huddled up behind a box because they were in shock.

They were plotting against you.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#57 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:52 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Right now they are both huddled up behind a box in the room I put the litter box in. They haven't moved from there since I brought them into there to show them, so hopefully they will warm up a bit to the place once they get over the shock of being taken from their old home......

lb13
Now that they've wormed their way into your heart, we can tell you the truth. They weren't huddled up behind a box because they were in shock.

They were plotting against you.

I don't doubt that one bit.....

I feel so sorry for ES...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#58 Post by secondchance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Yahooo, Beast!!! I am so, so, so happy for the three of you! And I'm so pleased you got 2 brothers. They'll be so grateful to have each other's love and company on those long hours when you're working and sleeping. You won't be sorry. Just always keep the box clean!

You'll come up with the right names, it may take a few days. We've had so many cats during our years together - and most of them have created their own names after a while of us observing them, just like Feisty. We've had Boney (very skinny when we got her, but tuned up being a tub of lard), Roley (curls up like a roly poly bug when you pick him up), Hummer (purrs non-stop), Little One (got her as a teeny tiny kitten), Turnup (just turned up one day), Mouser (loved chasing rodents), Zoom (always zips around like his tail's on fire), Mama (we assumed she was Little One's mother), Boyfriend (he would come by the flirt all the time and then decided to stay), Wheezy (she had a seemingly endless respiratory thing going on, Imposter (showed up and fooled us by looking exactly like Wheezy)...

One request for you to please consider... do not get them declawed. please. If they're indoor and get out, they need their defenses. And if they're outdoor or in/out - it's a no brainer. Plus, it's painful and just kinda cruel. We had our first couple declawed, and swore never again. They'd sometimes stretch out their paws and stare at them as if asking "what the hell happened here?" I felt so bad.

What a funny coincidence, Christie, tomorrow is my 21st anniversary!

Congrats again, lb! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh, btw - We always had girl kitties for the the longest time, but recently we got a few boy brothers, and they seem to be so much more affectionate, so you made a good choice! :D
Last edited by secondchance on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#59 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I knew about this yesterday, but my lips were sealed! Congratulations LB!! I'm sure the kitties will be very happy in their new home!

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#60 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:32 pm

My first thought was Felix and Oscar. Oscar for the rowdy one, Felix for the reserved one. But the best bet is always to watch 'em for a while. They actually do usually name themselves at some point. The first cat I had on my own I named Virgil. He just SEEMED like a Virgil. My favorite cat of all time I named Clyde. The day I got him he ran into a wall on a mad run and I just blurted out without thinking, "nice move, Clyde!" Sometimes it just comes out naturally like that.

Or just name 'em Joe and Bob. Joe the Cat has a nice ring to it!

Congratulations on the new family members. Freya the Warrior Princess, currently perched on my shoulder, sends her regards.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#61 Post by Odyssey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:I just spent some bonding time with the kitties. The feisty one (The black one who I will call Feisty for the time being) came right up to me with no problems and made himself comfortable as I lay on the carpet (Which makes me itch, but hey...). It took the black and white one a bit more time, but eventually he finally got brave enough to join us. Sigh.....

I didn't realize it until just then, but that one is almost a dead ringer for the character I drew for Odyssey that appears in her avatar. I may have to break my "no BB names" rule.....

They are both up and about now and exploring their new home, so that's good.....

lb13

That is FANTASTIC!!! You knew you needed an Odyssey in your life!! Good thing I have a unisex name. Now you just need to find a blue cat wig.

I volunteer to be that one's Godmother.
Odyssey

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#62 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Odyssey wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I just spent some bonding time with the kitties. The feisty one (The black one who I will call Feisty for the time being) came right up to me with no problems and made himself comfortable as I lay on the carpet (Which makes me itch, but hey...). It took the black and white one a bit more time, but eventually he finally got brave enough to join us. Sigh.....

I didn't realize it until just then, but that one is almost a dead ringer for the character I drew for Odyssey that appears in her avatar. I may have to break my "no BB names" rule.....

They are both up and about now and exploring their new home, so that's good.....

lb13

That is FANTASTIC!!! You knew you needed an Odyssey in your life!! Good thing I have a unisex name. Now you just need to find a blue cat wig.

Oh goody! Does that mean you'll come and take care of the litter box? :D

lb13

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#63 Post by Odyssey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Declawing is a big debate in the cat world. I agree with Holly if these cats go outside at all, they need their claws. All mine through the years have been indoors only and all have been declawed. It's the price of admission here. I've never had a single problem (even on older cats) and no one has gotten out. Just make sure a competent vet does it and let the cats catch their stringy-like toys sometimes in their paws when you play with them.
Odyssey

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#64 Post by Odyssey » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:40 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Odyssey wrote:

lb13

Oh goody! Does that mean you'll come and take care of the litter box? :D

lb13

Only if you're dead, silly lb. That's how the Godmother thing works.
Odyssey

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#65 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:45 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Next week's Edition: Meow!

There will be no rankings next week, unless I get bored and sleepless in Cleveland.....

lb13

a1mamacat

#66 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

There will be no rankings next week, unless I get bored and sleepless in Cleveland.....

lb13
you are now owned by kittehs

there is no more sleep

there will be rankings.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#67 Post by kayrharris » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Which could happen.

kay

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#68 Post by secondchance » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Odyssey wrote:Declawing is a big debate in the cat world. I agree with Holly if these cats go outside at all, they need their claws. All mine through the years have been indoors only and all have been declawed. It's the price of admission here. I've never had a single problem (even on older cats) and no one has gotten out. Just make sure a competent vet does it and let the cats catch their stringy-like toys sometimes in their paws when you play with them.
Their claws will get needle sharp when they're indoors with no trees to scratch on, so have someone show you quickly how to clip those little suckers (if you don't have any experience). You'll need to get a nail clipper at the pet store. You squeeze their little toe pads until the nail pops out, then make sure not to cut too far down into the "quick," which will hurt them and make them bleed. Get a cheap scratching post, and spray 'em with a water squirter when they scratch on stuff they shouldn't. :)

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#69 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:25 pm

secondchance wrote:oh, btw - We always had girl kitties for the the longest time, but recently we got a few boy brothers, and they seem to be so much more affectionate, so you made a good choice! :D
lb got two boys instead of two girls because he couldn't decide whether to name them Kiki and Fanny or Holly and Hottie......
Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Southpaw Fanny
Here comes the screwball

#70 Post by Southpaw Fanny » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 pm

kayrharris wrote:
Southpaw Fanny wrote:
kayrharris wrote:

And my new french press!! Our BB&B had plenty of them - $16.19 after coupon. :)

kay
Rock on!! Have you tried it yet? Isn't it great? What are you going to name it???
Do you name your french press gadgets? I haven't started that habit yet.

kay
I do tend to name some inanimate objects, but I have not yet named the french press. It just seemed like the thing to ask in this thread....
Screw you guys, I'm going home.

MarleysGh0st

#71 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:33 pm

kayrharris wrote:And my new french press!! Our BB&B had plenty of them - $16.19 after coupon. :)
So which model french press is it?

(He asks, as if he's ever going to make coffee at home.)

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#72 Post by kayrharris » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:05 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
kayrharris wrote:And my new french press!! Our BB&B had plenty of them - $16.19 after coupon. :)
So which model french press is it?

(He asks, as if he's ever going to make coffee at home.)

It's this nice unbreakable one. It's especially nice if you're the only coffee drinker, or happen to live alone,
as some we know around here. :)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=16301809

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#73 Post by kayrharris » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:07 pm

Southpaw Fanny wrote:
secondchance wrote:oh, btw - We always had girl kitties for the the longest time, but recently we got a few boy brothers, and they seem to be so much more affectionate, so you made a good choice! :D
lb got two boys instead of two girls because he couldn't decide whether to name them Kiki and Fanny or Holly and Hottie......

Tough decision for sure!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kay

Snaxx

#74 Post by Snaxx » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Congrats Beast! Here is a cat-adoption story from my family.

My sister (there is only one Snaxx Sister) adopted two kittens out of a litter that a cousin of ours rescued. She was offered a choice of the four and decided she would get along better with the girls and named them Samantha and Goldie (gold-colored patches of fur). Meanwhile my cousin kept the mom and the boys; I think the mom went to her father/my uncle. Then at seven or eight weeks, my sister picked up "Samantha" and found she had a "Sam" and not a "Samantha" in her hands. She still has them; I think they are close to nine years now. Since they were rescued, they were very shy but quickly warmed to my sister, but remain shy around everyone else.

---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

#75 Post by tubadave » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Alright LB, I know you and I claim to be Bored twins and all, but how the heck did you know I had been contemplating the idea of getting a kitten recently?!?!?!? Get out of my head!!! :shock: :wink:

(Oh, and congratulations on teh kittehs.) 8)
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry