Annie the Upright

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#26 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:04 pm

ghostjmf wrote:One big issue in the "care for the terminally ill" field is doctors' insistence that they not give people in terrible physical pain enough opiates for fear they'll get addicted; the response from the patients & their relatives themselves is "so what if they do get addicted; they're dying, for pity's sake."
We had that issue with Mom, except it wasn't an issue. She had three different treating physicians after she checked out of the hospital with a prognosis of living three to 12 more months, and every one said to give her as much pain medication as she asked for. Sure, she was addicted, but I'm certain she asked for additional meds only when she was in additional pain.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#27 Post by AnnieCamaro » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:07 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Yay, Annie!

Get back to your laptop quickly, so you can tell us what really happened!

It was the Martians, wasn't it?
Mr. Marley, I don't remember exactly what happened. I think I was mugged. I only remember being reallyreallyreally glad when my mom finally came through the door.

Thank you to everybody who said nice things about me.
Sou iu koto de.

MissDenise
Four-Footer

#28 Post by MissDenise » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:35 pm

missanniecamaro is back!!!!!!

The Other Redhead was reading my very nice paper that missanniecamaro made especially for me and she was very sad.

I thought briefly of cheering her up but was distracted by some evil squirrels outside the dining room window.

And, I KNEW missanniecamaro would think it was more important to stare down evil squirrels.

I am so happy to read this and know The Other Redhead and My Boonie will be very happy, too.