Greetings from "Millionaire Fans"!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Regisfan

Greetings from "Millionaire Fans"!

#1 Post by Regisfan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:31 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Regisfan, admin of the Who Wants to be a Millionaire Fans message boards! I stumbled across this site today by complete accident, and I cannot believe I've never seen it before on the internet. I'll spread the word among my members that there's another "Millionaire" site to check out! My website is small, but it's received the attention of ABC and Atlas Media Corporation a few times for information and interviews regarding "Millionaire." We have a dedicated membership that I know would love this site as much as I do.

As a devoted "Millionaire" fan, I plan on helping out this community as much as I can. Also, for an extensive worldwide collection of Millionaire news and multimedia, go to my friend's excellent International "Millionaire" Website. It even contains the entire Millionaire and Super Millionaire soundtrack!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great stay on this site. See you all on the boards.

-Regisfan

P.S. I've reviewed the new Millionaire DVD game on my site, if you're thinking about buying the game.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Greetings from "Millionaire Fans"!

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:14 am

Regisfan wrote:Hi everyone!

I'm Regisfan, admin of the Who Wants to be a Millionaire Fans message boards! I stumbled across this site today by complete accident, and I cannot believe I've never seen it before on the internet. I'll spread the word among my members that there's another "Millionaire" site to check out! My website is small, but it's received the attention of ABC and Atlas Media Corporation a few times for information and interviews regarding "Millionaire." We have a dedicated membership that I know would love this site as much as I do.

As a devoted "Millionaire" fan, I plan on helping out this community as much as I can. Also, for an extensive worldwide collection of Millionaire news and multimedia, go to my friend's excellent International "Millionaire" Website. It even contains the entire Millionaire and Super Millionaire soundtrack!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great stay on this site. See you all on the boards.

-Regisfan

P.S. I've reviewed the new Millionaire DVD game on my site, if you're thinking about buying the game.
Welcome, Regisfan. You haven't seen us before because this domain name is new -- we registered it about a week ago.

Tell us a little about yourself. We rarely bite. Unless invited to do so by pea. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:11 am

Even when I invite people to bite me, they rarely do.

We also are generally a disappointment to people who really want to talk about the show. We mostly want to talk about other stuff that one could find on the show - actually - not so much that either.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:29 am

peacock2121 wrote:We also are generally a disappointment to people who really want to talk about the show. We mostly want to talk about other stuff that one could find on the show - actually - not so much that either.
We do talk about the show - we have the whole transcript thread, for instance, and give advice (unsolicited or otherwise) about PAF strategies for those who come here looking for help.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:27 am

earendel wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:We also are generally a disappointment to people who really want to talk about the show. We mostly want to talk about other stuff that one could find on the show - actually - not so much that either.
We do talk about the show - we have the whole transcript thread, for instance, and give advice (unsolicited or otherwise) about PAF strategies for those who come here looking for help.
What earendel says is true.

We are also a disappointment to people who come hear thinking that we talk just about the show. You do have to wade through a whole bunch of 'other' stuff to get to show stuff.

I would guess that 95% of our posts have nothing to do with the show.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:58 am

peacock2121 wrote: We are also a disappointment to people who come hear thinking that we talk just about the show. You do have to wade through a whole bunch of 'other' stuff to get to show stuff.
We have the "WWTBAM Show Transcripts" in a separate forum than the rest of our banter here in the "WWTBAM Bored Posts" forum; the former is pretty much most of the on-topic discussion now.

Because, frankly, we don't have much else in the way of on-topic news to report. It's far different these days from when the Phone Game was in progress and all of us were playing that every day, some managed to talk to Happy Fred and spend a shift "On The Clock" the next afternoon, and some of those who were lucky got the Round 2 call-back and found themselves on the show in just a couple weeks. That was all on-topic news, and very exciting to be a part of, if only vicariously.

Now, some of us make it to an audition once or twice a year and collect another Sad Card. And rarely--much, much too rarely--we see a BB make it into the Hot Seat.

In the meantime, we distract ourselves with banter.

7yrscollegedownthedrain

#7 Post by 7yrscollegedownthedrain » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Now, if he wants to hear about the collection of "You have not been selected to be a potential contestant. We appreciate your continued interest in the show..." postcards, we could start a whole new board.

0 for 12, (so far)
In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...

Regisfan

#8 Post by Regisfan » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Still, it's great to have a place where all of us fans can unite over "Millionaire." With the glory days of the series behind us, it's nice to have a place to meet others obsessed with the series.

And the show transcripts are absolutely amazing. I've been looking for a collection of WWTBAM transcripts for a long time.

lilclyde54

#9 Post by lilclyde54 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:55 am

As always, it is good to get some new blood here. Welcome to the bored.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again