Paul Potts

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ne1410s

Paul Potts

#1 Post by ne1410s » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 pm

I realize I'm always the last to know but:

Go to Google videos and type in "Paul Potts BGT". It is the most heart-warming moment I can remember seeing on TV. Not often do we get to see the birth of a star, but, this is one of those occasions.

You're welcome.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Paul Potts

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:25 pm

ne1410s wrote:I realize I'm always the last to know but:

Go to Google videos and type in "Paul Potts BGT". It is the most heart-warming moment I can remember seeing on TV. Not often do we get to see the birth of a star, but, this is one of those occasions.
Well, maybe you're not the very last to know on the entire planet, but we did talk about Paul and his magnificent voice (with video clips for several of the top contestants) when the British television show was going on. You probably were distracted by other important things during those weeks.

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#3 Post by ontellen » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:54 pm

I got Paul's CD last week for my birthday and have been listening to it ever since. I just love it! It truly is one of the most sensational video clips I've ever seen and hardly a day goes by that I don't watch it.

Saw him on Ellen and he's still as humble as he appeared on BGT.

ne1410s

Paul Potts

#4 Post by ne1410s » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm

You probably were distracted by other important things during those weeks.

Oh, my! Do you want another saucer of milk?

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:35 am

No, I'm apparently the last one to hear about him. Absolutely breathtaking. I am going to get his cd today.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:07 am

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't overly impressed. Yes, his voice is trained, but I can go to a recital in the IU musical arts center 20 times in a semester and hear voices just as good, if not better. The Nessun Dorma is not even particularly hard to sing; it's beautiful, but safe.

Mr. Potts definitely has talent, and I'm glad to see more of a legitimate musician winning a talent contest, but I'll stick to my John MacCormack and Mario Lanza CDs.

Maybe he can take Luciano's place in a new Three Tenors tour, eh?

Although I guess Jose's not in much better health than Luciano was a year ago, either.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

ne1410s

#7 Post by ne1410s » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:15 am

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't overly impressed.

I think there was a sort of Gomer Pyle effect going for Potts. No one expected that sound to come from that body and face. You know, like when Jim Nabors sang.

(I'm impressed by anyone who can carry a tune.)

marrymeflyfree

#8 Post by marrymeflyfree » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:24 pm

the Naughty Norwegian is a big fan...loved the episode in the UK when he first sang. Simon Cowell's reaction was classic. "So...you're a mobile salesman. And you can do THAT?!"