Thought you'd run off and lose me, huh?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Thought you'd run off and lose me, huh?

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Here I a-yam!! :D

Anybody miss me??

Thought I'd wait until the dust settled a bit, and the Yankees won their first playoff game (that last part had me thinking until last might that you might not have heard from me for a loooonnnnng time.

I have been groovin' to some new tunes.

John (Creedence Clearwater Revival) Fogerty-"Revival". Good. Very good. A lot of it is vintage CCR type stuff.

Bruce & the E-Street Band-"Magic". If you don't like Bruce this won't win you over. If you do, this is classic Boss circa "The River".

And the revelation, Ben Lee-"Ripe". Pure pop bliss. Tight, sunshiney meat and potatoes pop-n-roll. "Birds and Bees", a duet with-gasp-Mandy Moore (stop laughing)-is like a lost (GOOD) track from "Grease"--it works, believe it or not. Best track-"American Television". This is mighty good stuff.

Also sampling some of the new fall shows. SO far my fave new ones are "Reaper" (Tuesday nights at 9et on the CW), and "Pushing Daisies" (Wednesdays at 8et on ABC). Both appeal to my warped little sense of humor.

Kudos to everyone who labored to give us a home. It seems that this is it, but if it's not, I'll see you wherever, whenever.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out how I am going to watch the Yanks, Bills, and "Heroes" all at the same time.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:02 pm

I like this avatar more better.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:57 pm

Thank goodness!

I WAS worried about you!

Melly

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Geez. Where the hell ya bin? Underwear is no excuse. As we know. It's often inexcusable.

Thank you. I'll be here all night or wherever else we happen to alight.
Well, then

Robyn

Underwear

#5 Post by Robyn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:34 pm

Underwear is everywhere, but mostly underneath
Usually you can't see what goes on beneath.

.......Barry Louis Polisar

:lol:

traininvain

Re: Thought you'd run off and lose me, huh?

#6 Post by traininvain » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:04 pm

Here I a-yam!! :D

Anybody miss me??
Oh course!
Thought I'd wait until the dust settled a bit, and the Yankees won their first playoff game (that last part had me thinking until last might that you might not have heard from me for a loooonnnnng time.
I was at the lone win, now Joe's gone and Randy Levine is in charge, God help us.
I have been groovin' to some new tunes.

John (Creedence Clearwater Revival) Fogerty-"Revival". Good. Very good. A lot of it is vintage CCR type stuff.
I've only heard one song but it sounded pretty good.
Bruce & the E-Street Band-"Magic". If you don't like Bruce this won't win you over. If you do, this is classic Boss circa "The River".
Solid stuff, 35 years later and Bruce can still pack a punch.
And the revelation, Ben Lee-"Ripe". Pure pop bliss. Tight, sunshiney meat and potatoes pop-n-roll. "Birds and Bees", a duet with-gasp-Mandy Moore (stop laughing)-is like a lost (GOOD) track from "Grease"--it works, believe it or not. Best track-"American Television". This is mighty good stuff.
Heard a song or two off of this one, liked Catch My Disease off his last lp.

T-Bone you may want to check out the new lp from Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, I've only heard one song off it , Gone, Gone, Gone (an old Everly Brother song), but it sounds really good.
Also sampling some of the new fall shows. SO far my fave new ones are "Reaper" (Tuesday nights at 9et on the CW), and "Pushing Daisies" (Wednesdays at 8et on ABC). Both appeal to my warped little sense of humor.

Kudos to everyone who labored to give us a home. It seems that this is it, but if it's not, I'll see you wherever, whenever.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out how I am going to watch the Yanks, Bills, and "Heroes" all at the same time.
I've been barely able to watch my returning shows let alone pick up on any new ones. Good Luck
Enjoy every sandwich

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Underwear

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:03 am

Robyn wrote:Underwear is everywhere, but mostly underneath
Usually you can't see what goes on beneath.

.......Barry Louis Polisar

:lol:
Ha! Eat yer heart out, beedums! At long last, I get my very own pome!

I feel complete.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Thought you'd run off and lose me, huh?

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:15 am

traininvain wrote: I was at the lone win, now Joe's gone and Randy Levine is in charge, God help us.

T-Bone you may want to check out the new lp from Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, I've only heard one song off it , Gone, Gone, Gone (an old Everly Brother song), but it sounds really good.

I've been barely able to watch my returning shows let alone pick up on any new ones. Good Luck
Just the way he LOOKS, it seems that Levine should have "I am a slime bucket you cannot trust" written on his forehead". His actions thus far belie the old saw "looks are deceiving".

Every picture you see of Hank Steinbrenner shows him with a smoke in his mouth. While it may be understandable if the old man treated his kids growing up the way he treated his employees, I'm wondering if Hank will live long enough to hire a new manager. And judging from the little I've read about Hal, I get the impression that, if HE started running the show, the free-spending ways would end, as he impresses me as a guy who wants to hang on to as much of his inheritence as possible.

Thanks for the tip on Plant and Krauss. I will have to check it out. I had read about this unusual pairing, but have not yet heard any of it.

I also very much liked "Catch My Disease". Overall, this new one is a vastly superior disc, for anyone who appreciates a bucketful of pop hooks. I can't stop listening to it. With just 2 and a half months to go, it is so far my favorite album of 2007.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck