Transcript 01/07/08 Diana Traydon

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 01/07/08 Diana Traydon

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Diana Traydon
Land O’ Lakes, FL

$100 On Christmas, what kind of children are supposed to receive lumps of coal from Santa?
A. Naughty
B. Clumsy
C. Witty
D. Environmentally insensitive

$200 News outlets often boast “gavel-to-gavel coverage” when reporting live from which of these venues?
A. Airport
B. Courtroom
C. Hospital
D. Classroom

$300 Blazin’ Habanero Salsa and Western Jalapeno Dip Mix are two condiments sold in the gift shop of what U.S. landmark?
A. Plymouth Rock
B. Liberty Bell
C. The Alamo
D. Ellis Island

$500 Which of these dogs lends its name to a slang term that refers to an overly aggressive person?
A. Collie
B. Irish setter
C. Beagle
D. Pit bull

$1K Which of these gaming implements is an example of a regular hexahedron?
A. Die
B. Poker chip
C. Marble
D. Cue ball

$2K Released in July 2007, J.K. Rowling’s seventh and final Harry Potter novel is titled “Harry Potter and the” what?
A. Fatal Flaw
B. Mystic Solution
C. Gathering Gloom
D. Deathly Hallows

$4K Which of the European explorers earned fame for his expeditions along the coast of the Pacific Northwest?
A. George Vancouver
B. Jacques Cartier
C. John Cabot
D. Vasco da Gama

ATA

65% A. George Vancouver
11% B. Jacques Cartier
15% C. John Cabot
9% D. Vasco da Gama

$8K The VH1 reality series “Rock of Love” stars Bret Michaels, the frontman of what popular hair band?
A. Great White
B. Cinderella
C. Poison
D. Skid Row

PAF – Diana’s sister Donna

Donna says she couldn’t think of it as time expires.

50/50 leaves B. Cinderella and C. Poison.

Diana says that these are the two she couldn’t decide between.

commercial break

$16K During the aging process of alcohol, the amount lost to evaporation is known as the what?
A. Ghost’s breath
B. Angel’s share
C. Devil’s fire
D. Rebel’s cut

Diana takes a guess and makes D. Rebel’s cut her final answer.
Diana leaves with $1K.

Answers:
$100 A. Naughty
$200 B. Courtroom
$300 C. The Alamo
$500 D. Pit bull
$1K A. Die
$2K D. Deathly Hallows
$4K A. George Vancouver
$8K C. Poison
$16K B. Angel’s share

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: Transcript 01/07/08 Diana Traydon

#2 Post by etaoin22 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Spoiler
Diana Traydon
Land O’ Lakes, FL

$100 On Christmas, what kind of children are supposed to receive lumps of coal from Santa?
A. Naughty
B. Clumsy
C. Witty
D. Environmentally insensitive

$200 News outlets often boast “gavel-to-gavel coverage” when reporting live from which of these venues?
A. Airport
B. Courtroom
C. Hospital
D. Classroom

Did they REALLY write this? Gavel-to-gavel coverage is a term as far as I know used specifically and only for political conventions.

$300 Blazin’ Habanero Salsa and Western Jalapeno Dip Mix are two condiments sold in the gift shop of what U.S. landmark?
A. Plymouth Rock
B. Liberty Bell
C. The Alamo
D. Ellis Island

Presumably this site is culturally far more now than a mere battlefield memorial to the dead, in order to have a gift shop selling salsa

$500 Which of these dogs lends its name to a slang term that refers to an overly aggressive person?
A. Collie
B. Irish setter
C. Beagle
D. Pit bull

$1K Which of these gaming implements is an example of a regular hexahedron?
A. Die
B. Poker chip
C. Marble
D. Cue ball

$2K Released in July 2007, J.K. Rowling’s seventh and final Harry Potter novel is titled “Harry Potter and the” what?
A. Fatal Flaw
B. Mystic Solution
C. Gathering Gloom
D. Deathly Hallows

$4K Which of the European explorers earned fame for his expeditions along the coast of the Pacific Northwest?
A. George Vancouver
B. Jacques Cartier
C. John Cabot
D. Vasco da Gama

ATA

65% A. George Vancouver
11% B. Jacques Cartier
15% C. John Cabot
9% D. Vasco da Gama

Yes, there is Vancouver, BC and Vancouver Island and Vancouver, Washington, at least. I thus was mildly surprised to see an ATA of only 65%. It is clearly enough for action, though.

To be really really picky, the explorer's name "Cartier", in spoken English is usually "Cart-yay", or "Carts-yay", and only the watchmaker "Cart-eee-yay" or "Cart-eee-yer"

$8K The VH1 reality series “Rock of Love” stars Bret Michaels, the frontman of what popular hair band?
A. Great White
B. Cinderella
C. Poison
D. Skid Row

commercial break

$16K During the aging process of alcohol, the amount lost to evaporation is known as the what?
A. Ghost’s breath
B. Angel’s share
C. Devil’s fire
D. Rebel’s cut

Diana leaves with $1K.

Answers:
$100 A. Naughty
$200 B. Courtroom
$300 C. The Alamo
$500 D. Pit bull
$1K A. Die
$2K D. Deathly Hallows
$4K A. George Vancouver
$8K C. Poison
$16K B. Angel’s share

All A-Ok at this point for me, FWIW. I mighta wanted to call my ex-liquor-exec-brother-in-law for angel's share, but evaporation at least in the mind goes up rather than down.

However, what I note: boy-oh-boy am I feeling picky (':evil:')

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:28 pm

etaoin22 wrote: $200 News outlets often boast “gavel-to-gavel coverage” when reporting live from which of these venues?
A. Airport
B. Courtroom
C. Hospital
D. Classroom

Did they REALLY write this? Gavel-to-gavel coverage is a term as far as I know used specifically and only for political conventions.

A. Plymouth Rock
B. Liberty Bell
C. The Alamo
D. Ellis Island

Presumably this site is culturally far more now than a mere battlefield memorial to the dead, in order to have a gift shop selling salsa
I totally agree with you on the term "gavel to gavel coverage." That's the only time I've ever heard that term used.

I wonder if they actually visited each of the four gift shops to verify whether these items might be sold in more than one location.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:06 am

$16K: Not familiar with this phrase. Try the PAF.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:42 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Diana Traydon
Land O’ Lakes, FL
Funny, I thought Land O' Lakes was in Minnesota, where they make the dairy products.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K Which of these gaming implements is an example of a regular hexahedron?
A. Die
B. Poker chip
C. Marble
D. Cue ball
Only a 6-sided die - any D&D player knows that dice come in many different shapes.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K The VH1 reality series “Rock of Love” stars Bret Michaels, the frontman of what popular hair band?
A. Great White
B. Cinderella
C. Poison
D. Skid Row

I've never seen the show (hadn't ever heard of it until it was mentioned here) and have no idea who Bret Michaels is, so it's time to ATA.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K During the aging process of alcohol, the amount lost to evaporation is known as the what?
A. Ghost’s breath
B. Angel’s share
C. Devil’s fire
D. Rebel’s cut

Diana leaves with $1K.
It could be either A or B (unless they burn it off, which would make C a logical choice), so go with the 50/50 and hope that those aren't the two remaining choices.

A pretty tough stack all in all.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:59 am

etaoin22 wrote: $4K Which of the European explorers earned fame for his expeditions along the coast of the Pacific Northwest?
A. George Vancouver
B. Jacques Cartier
C. John Cabot
D. Vasco da Gama

ATA

65% A. George Vancouver
11% B. Jacques Cartier
15% C. John Cabot
9% D. Vasco da Gama

Yes, there is Vancouver, BC and Vancouver Island and Vancouver, Washington, at least. I thus was mildly surprised to see an ATA of only 65%. It is clearly enough for action, though.

I hope Saucy doesn't take offense at the NY audience. None of those places appear on the New Yorker map! :P

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:47 pm

8K: Well, I know it isn't Great White, because that's the band whose pyrotechnics display burned down the Rhode Island club with the doors "conveniently" locked, killing lots of people. I don't actually know the band-leader's name off the top of my head, but I'd recognize it.

And I heard about a French Rapper named Poison on the radio yesterday, but supposed they don't mean him here.

I'd ATA here. Hope it helps, else its PAF time.

Otherwise fine.