top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:07 am

It's Sunday, ear! Is this another bonus day for you on the Bored while you help elwing with her craft fair?

earendel

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#2 Post by earendel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:11 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:It's Sunday, ear! Is this another bonus day for you on the Bored while you help elwing with her craft fair?
I guess since I've borrowed a few of your <grumble>®s you can borrow my message title.

No, I was just stopping by - the craft show was a one-day affair that ended at 7PM last night. Just after I posted yesterday morning a tour bus of senior citizens stopped at the festival and a lot of the women came through elwing's booth looking, trying on and ooh-ing and aah-ing over her work. Alas, their admiration didn't loosen their purse strings. She did OK, though not as well as last year, but from what she heard from the other vendors, they also did less this year than last year.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:16 am

earendel wrote: I guess since I've borrowed a few of your <grumble>®s you can borrow my message title.
I am using it to greet you, after all! :)

It'll be time for me to head downtown for breakfast, shortly, then on to another shift at the Friends of the Library booksale. I'm getting the stuff from storage out, but there's still a fair amount to go.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:It'll be time for me to head downtown for breakfast, shortly, then on to another shift at the Friends of the Library booksale. I'm getting the stuff from storage out, but there's still a fair amount to go.
Our FotL sale is next weekend.

And the library director is under fire because he allegedly threatened library employees, telling them that if the upcoming library tax proposal is defeated (which happened twice before, the last in 1998) there will be layoffs. He was allegedly "encouraging" library staff to promote the tax to patrons and failed to tell the employees about an anti-tax Web site to tell patrons about if they asked.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:25 am

Hey ear, I don't know if my attorney's lurking right now since she...er, I mean he isn't usually around on Sunday mornings, but you've had that phrase trademarked for a long time, and if I were you I'd sue Marley for every penny he's hoarding....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:28 am

earendel wrote: And the library director is under fire because he allegedly threatened library employees, telling them that if the upcoming library tax proposal is defeated (which happened twice before, the last in 1998) there will be layoff.
Oops.

We tried getting our own library tax passed a year or so ago (so the library isn't so dependent on the county legislature for funding) but it was defeated, partly because it was structured to tax only the residents of the Ithaca City School District, instead of the entire country. (And partly from the "No New Taxes!" sentiment, which can be heard even in a liberal town like Ithaca.) Although we're the county library, there are some small branch libraries in the outlying towns, including one which was moving toward its own funding vote. And that one got defeated this year.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:32 am

littlebeast13 wrote:if I were you I'd sue Marley for every penny he's hoarding....
Harrumph!

See if I wish you a good morning!

Time to get some breakfast.