We had a fun Saturday

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
melleon

We had a fun Saturday

#1 Post by melleon » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks to Skoop and TMITSSS for pointing me in this direction and thanks to all who have made the effort to keep us going. I would have been very sad if we had lost the connection!

Well anyway, tha fam and I were in a trivia tournament on Saturday. We play once a week at one of the local restaurants in the Atlanta area and every quarter there is a tournament. There is a team that ALWAYS wins by far so all the other 24 teams sortof seemed resigned to the fact that we don't stand a chance. Well the trivia gods smiled down on us as we won the whole shebang! The kids were so excited and we are displaying the trophy proudly on our fireplace. It even ate Sunday brunch with us (at home!).
There were 20 questions of 6-10 points, then a bonus at the half (name the capital cities that lie on rivers with other states' names) then the final bonus. It was very hard! Let's see how you do with this one:

From the list of the 1000 most popular first names for babies born in the US in 2006, list those that share the same names with US cities with at least 100,000 population as of 2006. 5 points for right answer, minus 10 for wrong.

We could only wrote down 6 answers, one was wrong so we added 35 points which was enough to win. I guess most of the teams submitted alot of wrong answers !

If you want to see more about the tournament go to www.thetriviafactory.com.

see below for the answers:

Alexandria, Aurora, Austin, Boston, Chandler, Charlotte, Dallas, Dayton, Elizabeth, Eugene, Gilbert, Houston, Jackson, Lincoln, Madison, Memphis, Orlando, Phoenix, Savannah, Warren.

We wrongly guessed Gary.

Bob Juch

Re: We had a fun Saturday

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:28 pm

melleon wrote:name the capital cities that lie on rivers with other states' names
We have Austin on the Colorado, Trenton on the Delaware, and St. Paul on the Mississippi. Anyplace else?

Congratulations too!

deb

#3 Post by deb » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am

Cool Mel! My son plays at Rocky Mountain, I don't remember his team name though.
Nice trophy

melleon

#4 Post by melleon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:22 am

Thanks Bob...Baton Rouge, Pierre, and Bismarck.

Is that DebifromGA out there! Good to see you again. Did your son play on Saturday? Find out his team name for me so I can keep track of their points too!

Melanie