Okay, I'm getting ready

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

#26 Post by gsabc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:36 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:I've never auditioned for anything, or been a show dog, either, for that matter. Still, I watch the Animal Planet, so if auditioning for Millionaire is like showdogging, maybe I can offer some helpful advice to Mr. gs and others who might audition in the future.

Annie's Showdog Audition Rules:

1. Wear your prettiest collar and make sure your fur is nicely brushed.

2. Keep your tongue in your mouth when you smile.

3. When you walk up to the judge, stand tall and lift your chin.

4. Demonstrate your best tricks, but only when you're asked.

4. Don't chase anybody's pet cat, even as a joke.

5. Don't stop to lick your own rear end, even when it really needs it.

I hope this will be helpful. Good luck at your audition, Mr. gs!
Thank you, Annie. I made the guy at the other hotel computer look at me funny when I started laughing at your post (even though I know you meant it in all seriousness). It's just that I don't think I could manage the last one, even if it really DID need it.

I will also try not to drool on anyone, and will stay off the furniture unless invited.

And thanks to everyone else for the luck wishes, too! Gotta go and do some last minute preparations for both the work and the play. See you later!
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#27 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:38 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
ladysoleil wrote:
I love/hate that part. I'm pretty good at being chatty and friendly and I really like talking to people but I feel like a show dog when I do it on purpose. Yikes, all the smile, make eye contact, don't fidget, don't do the psycho snort laugh if something's funny, don't do the nervous laugh when nothing's funny, sit up straight, fetch, beg... ;) Makes me (more?) crazy.
Me, too, but somebody always gives me a cookie when it's over.
So that's why I dread the auditions. They never give me a cookie! :cry:

ladysoleil

#28 Post by ladysoleil » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:39 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: Me, too, but somebody always gives me a cookie when it's over.
So that's why I dread the auditions. They never give me a cookie! :cry:[/quote]

Yeah. I always have to buy my own cookie at Starbucks. Not fair!

gsabc

#29 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:21 pm

ladysoleil wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Me, too, but somebody always gives me a cookie when it's over.
So that's why I dread the auditions. They never give me a cookie! :cry:
Yeah. I always have to buy my own cookie at Starbucks. Not fair![/quote]

Maybe I'll bring them a cookie. The hotel I'm at is baking some for snacks. The lobby smells wonderful!

The audit went well, so now it's onward to New York! The game is afoot! Yoicks and away! Excelsior!

gs

traininvain

#30 Post by traininvain » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Good luck tomorrow!

I attended the taping today, knew I was in trouble 4th question in. Had a good time, had to go alone because an account of my wife's needed some stuff for today. Anyway because I was by myself they moved me around filling in gaps in the audience. three people in my row decided that they wanted to leave after the first show taping, APs did not seem to be happy, but they didn't put up too much of a fight. I think about 12 people passed the test, mainly MAWGs. Shows will be broadcasted April 5,6 & 7, and there are two more weeks of tapings.

My advice is like others, SMILE, make eye contact, laugh. and be excited

On a side note, the last contestant was a women who showed NO emotion during her taping. She barely cracked a smile and simply answered the questions A, B,C & D. Strangely during the breaks she was outgoing smiling and laughing with Meredith. She was the carryover for the next taping session, hopefully the APs with have a talk with her about loosening up some.

Not much else to say about today's taping, the usual stuff that we've been seeing, no llamas.

Oh, one more thing...bring something to eat and if you can sneak in something to drink too. It's a long day and they only give you candy between shows. And hit the bathroom before you go into the studio, they'll probably let you go between tapings but just in case.

And...Good Luck again!
Enjoy every sandwich

MarleysGh0st

#31 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:04 am

traininvain wrote:I attended the taping today, knew I was in trouble 4th question in.
Does that mean you non-passed the written test? :(

traininvain

#32 Post by traininvain » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:35 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
traininvain wrote:I attended the taping today, knew I was in trouble 4th question in.
Does that mean you non-passed the written test? :(
Thanks Marley, like my ego doesn't need another hit.

Yes I did not pass the test. :(

But I'm OK with that, I have my eyes & mind set upon the TV or Movie weeks for next year. :D
Enjoy every sandwich

MarleysGh0st

#33 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:38 am

traininvain wrote:Thanks Marley, like my ego doesn't need another hit.

Yes I did not pass the test. :(
Sorry.

Better prepare your ego for another hit. We lost this year's audition list when they pulled the plug on the old Bored. I'm sure Bob46187 will be eager to start rebuilding that list.

Unfortunately, that means your name will be the only one on that.

Until we hear back from gsabc, later today. With better news, hopefully!

peacock2121

#34 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:06 am

Tough luck, TiV.

You'll blow them away on the TV/Movie test next year.

traininvain

#35 Post by traininvain » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:10 am

peacock2121 wrote:Tough luck, TiV.

You'll blow them away on the TV/Movie test next year.
Oh I plan on it, I've already got both my TV & Movie hooks ready to go.
And I am going to be up for it and I'm gonna blow them away! :P
Enjoy every sandwich

earendel

#36 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:11 am

traininvain wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:Oh I plan on it, I've already got both my TV & Movie hooks ready to go.
And I am going to be up for it and I'm gonna blow them away! :P
With that attitude, how could you miss?!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#37 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:13 am

I want to tell you to bite me.

in a good way

like the little boys who punch the little girls.

I would love to be invited to be in the audience when you tape.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#38 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:48 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Better prepare your ego for another hit. We lost this year's audition list when they pulled the plug on the old Bored. I'm sure Bob46187 will be eager to start rebuilding that list.
I plan to wait until next season for that. It doesn't seem right to present a partial-year list, particularly one that starts relatively late in the audition season.

Besides, we need to color-code some emoticons. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#39 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:52 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:Better prepare your ego for another hit. We lost this year's audition list when they pulled the plug on the old Bored. I'm sure Bob46187 will be eager to start rebuilding that list.
I plan to wait until next season for that. It doesn't seem right to present a partial-year list, particularly one that starts relatively late in the audition season.

Besides, we need to color-code some emoticons. --Bob
Incomplete data is better than no data. I know I could give you my data, again. I suspect others could, too, aside from some of the newbies who haven't been back in months, even before they pulled the plug on the old Bored.

But you're right about the emoticons. :wink:

MarleysGh0st

#40 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:55 pm

Firmly believing that gsabc passed the written test this morning, he should be having his chat with one of the APs right about now.

Full power positive vibes for him, people!

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#41 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote: Full power positive vibes for him, people!
Zoom, zoom, zoom!

peacock2121

#42 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 pm

I will take my enegry I was using to be annoyed at HoltDad (what a waste!) and put it toward gsabc!

Vroooom

earendel

#43 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Firmly believing that gsabc passed the written test this morning, he should be having his chat with one of the APs right about now.

Full power positive vibes for him, people!
Is there a "vibe" emoticon?

MarleysGh0st

#44 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 pm

peacock2121 wrote:I will take my enegry I was using to be annoyed at HoltDad (what a waste!) and put it toward gsabc!

Vroooom
I bet HoltDad has that energy nicely warmed up by now.

See, he was doing you a favor! :wink:

peacock2121

#45 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:16 pm

I am so stoopid. I just need to not read his stuff.

MarleysGh0st

#46 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 pm

peacock2121 wrote:I am so stoopid. I just need to not read his stuff.
I don't know when I started becoming moderate; able to look at HD's strongly held position and SC's strongly held postion and believe that they don't have to be unalterably opposed to each other.

And, hey, HD even withdrew to reconsider his stand!

Progress. :)

gsabc

#47 Post by gsabc » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 pm

Quick report, because I'm exhausted. Will add more tomorrow.

Passed test. Was first name called, ending the suspense early, and got complimented by Paul Mercurio for my reaction. Yelled myself hoarse during the tapings. Around 20 passers of a pretty large group of testers. Met with Adam, also interacted with several of the other AP's. Thought it went well, but no 2nd interview. Not sure anyone got one, but it was hard to tell; we were in the audience changeover, so the interviews were en masse, right then and there in the studio, maybe four or five different AP's working at once, while they were still taking the photos and collecting forms.

It was Pay for your Wedding week, to air the week of Feb. 4th. (5th?) Sweepstakes prize is a trip to Fiji. Brides.com is the sponsor. Marley's gonna REALLY hate one particular couple. No llamas, and some pretty funny bits between the couples. I'll be interested to see how the holdover couple from the third show does. Some good reactions and stuff.

Someone during the week of October 29th sees the $1MM question. Was announced at the end of the tapings.

Had fun, regardless of the outcome. But I've done my part. The rest is up to them.

Thanks for the vibes, everyone. Marley was just about on the money with his timing. But now I really have to get some sleep. Niters.

gs

traininvain

#48 Post by traininvain » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:30 pm

Congrats on passing!

I wouldn't worry too much about the no second interview, they were pressed for time & space. Sounds like all went well, good vibes coming your way for a happy PC.
Enjoy every sandwich

peacock2121

#49 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:58 am

Great news!

I will be on mailbox watch with you.

Let's have you be the breakthrough BB this year!

earendel

#50 Post by earendel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:13 am

gsabc wrote:Quick report, because I'm exhausted. Will add more tomorrow.

Passed test. Was first name called, ending the suspense early, and got complimented by Paul Mercurio for my reaction. Yelled myself hoarse during the tapings. Around 20 passers of a pretty large group of testers. Met with Adam, also interacted with several of the other AP's. Thought it went well, but no 2nd interview. Not sure anyone got one, but it was hard to tell; we were in the audience changeover, so the interviews were en masse, right then and there in the studio, maybe four or five different AP's working at once, while they were still taking the photos and collecting forms.

It was Pay for your Wedding week, to air the week of Feb. 4th. (5th?) Sweepstakes prize is a trip to Fiji. Brides.com is the sponsor. Marley's gonna REALLY hate one particular couple. No llamas, and some pretty funny bits between the couples. I'll be interested to see how the holdover couple from the third show does. Some good reactions and stuff.

Someone during the week of October 29th sees the $1MM question. Was announced at the end of the tapings.

Had fun, regardless of the outcome. But I've done my part. The rest is up to them.

Thanks for the vibes, everyone. Marley was just about on the money with his timing. But now I really have to get some sleep. Niters.

gs
Wonderful report, gs, and it sounds like everything might just have fallen into place for you. Let's hope so - it's been a long time since a BB has been on the show.