So, Who's your candidate? A Quiz

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

#76 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:31 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Well, it picked you someone who isn't even running, so you can go back to your complacent apathy anytime without guilt...

:P :P :P :P :P :P
Complacent Apathy would make a good name for a third party. I'd even campaign for them.... if I weren't so apathetic about the election, that is... :P

lb13

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#77 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:34 am

Complacent Apathy is the majority party in this country today, beast. Where've you been--the Hall of Notebooks or something?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#78 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:36 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Complacent Apathy is the majority party in this country today, beast. Where've you been--the Hall of Notebooks or something?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
And you would expect a certified Apathist to know this....?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#79 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:38 am

I hate the tongue emoticons on this Bored. I really miss my old patented Alt 0254....

:-þ

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#80 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:43 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I hate the tongue emoticons on this Bored.
"Razz" has a different implication than "silly," doesn't it?

There are times I want a "Mr. Yuck".

Bob Juch

#81 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:55 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I hate the tongue emoticons on this Bored.
"Razz" has a different implication than "silly," doesn't it?

There are times I want a "Mr. Yuck".
Sometimes this is appropriate: Image

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#82 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:15 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:What I'm proposing isn't HilaryCare, SirG. It's probably something you hate even worse, national single-payer insurance.
Perhaps I am not understanding you well. How do you define Single-payer insurance? Here's how I would define it. Managed Health Care goes away. All of it. Insurance companies like Allstate, State Farm, Prudential, etc. start offering health insurance and it becomes up to the individual to go buy their own insurance. And, just like the other types of insurance, the market will determine the price. Competition will be involved and "single payers" will be able to find the best rates for themselves. The government is out of the Health Care business. This is the way it used be and I would like to see it re-instituted.
Single payer insurance means everyone pays premiums into a single pot and expenses are paid out of that same single pot. That's what Medicare is, and I propose expanding Medicare to everybody. Some obvious complications remain, mostly the same ones present in Medicare now. Still, I believe that it is the best system available to us, just like I would have voted for Steve Forbes if I'd ever gotten the chance.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

NellyLunatic1980

#83 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:58 am

My SelectSmart.com results:

Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
Barack Obama (83%)
Dennis Kucinich (77%)
John Edwards (75%)
Al Gore (not announced) (73%)
Christopher Dodd (72%)
Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (71%)
Wesley Clark (not running, endorsed Clinton) (69%)
Joseph Biden (68%)
Hillary Clinton (66%)
Bill Richardson (61%)
Michael Bloomberg (says he will not run) (57%)
Mike Gravel (52%)
Ron Paul (48%)
Elaine Brown (43%)
Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (30%)
Mike Huckabee (28%)
John McCain (27%)
Tommy Thompson (withdrawn, endorsed Giuliani) (26%)
Rudolph Giuliani (24%)
Mitt Romney (21%)
Alan Keyes (16%)
Chuck Hagel (not running) (16%)
Fred Thompson (13%)
Sam Brownback (13%)
Newt Gingrich (says he will not run) (12%)
Tom Tancredo (12%)
Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (10%)
Duncan Hunter (7%)

Ritterskoop

#84 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:31 am

I am intrigued at y'all's numbers. I took the original test and got some 12s, 11s, 10s and 9s. But on many issues I said I don't feel strongly about them. I guess by definition most of these folks feels strongly about their positions.

I figure we get along despite bad leadership sometimes. If we get good leadership now and then, that's a plus. And then, as is obvious in this thread, we all have different ideas about what constitutes good leadership. I am willing to go along with some ideas even if I don't agree with them, if I think they will work out best for the larger group. But most folks don't vote that way.

Right now I have a bigger problem than who I will vote for in 13 months: I have to figure our where to shower, as the ratbastards have turned off the water again.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.