NLCS Ratings - Lowest Ever

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
takinover

NLCS Ratings - Lowest Ever

#1 Post by takinover » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Lowest ever for a game 1.

Rockies-D'backs Ratings

Also editing to note that we no longer need tinyurl, we can just hyperlink stuff. Never was a fan of clicking on blind links anyway.

mellytu74

#2 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:05 pm

On some levels, very disappointing, because I think the Rockies are a charming story who deserve a national stage.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if MLB's Powers That Be insist on starting a game at 10 p.m. so that, should said game go extra innings and end at 3 a.m. Eastern time and no one, even two huge and devoted baseball fans like The Boyfriend and Myself (three of you count TLAF, who had already gone to bed because, hey, she's almost 90) could not stay awake, well, then, hey, what do you expect.

I woke up just in time to see the broadcast sign off.

Afternoon baseball is a lovely thing.

Oh, and another thing. CABLE, the damn game's on CABLE!

Broadcast television, also a lovely thing.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:19 am

I agree that they shouldn't be starting games at 10 ET; they should start no later than 8 ET. That means 6 here, 5 Pacific.

I missed the entire 10th inning Friday night. I don't know what woke me up for the 11th. Probably the dog woofing at something.

Good doggie!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#4 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:06 am

The time thing must be killing them.

They shoulda given the Mets a sponsor's exemption!!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:15 am

minimetoo26 wrote:They shoulda given the Mets a sponsor's exemption!!!

Or maybe the Heimlich Maneuver.... :P

lb13

tanstaafl2

Re: NLCS Ratings - Lowest Ever

#6 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 am

takinover wrote:Lowest ever for a game 1.

Rockies-D'backs Ratings

Also editing to note that we no longer need tinyurl, we can just hyperlink stuff. Never was a fan of clicking on blind links anyway.
OTOH, it was the highest rated cable show in its time slot, according to the article.

If it can't pull enough ratings to attract a network broadcast then cable is where it is going to end up, whether we like it or not.

Of course at the rate the Rockies are going they may need to start practicing on ice skates. Denver and Cleveland (hopefully)/Boston in November doesn't sound much like baseball to me whether it is on a network or cable. Sounds more like hockey...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:09 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:Of course at the rate the Rockies are going they may need to start practicing on ice skates. Denver and Cleveland (hopefully)/Boston in November doesn't sound much like baseball to me whether it is on a network or cable. Sounds more like hockey...
It might, in fact, be cold enough to skate by then. Some Boston suburbs got their first frost last night. Got into the 30's in most places.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

traininvain

#8 Post by traininvain » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 pm

Just wondering if the Rockies with the World Series, will they vote Trevor Hoffman a full shareof the winnings. :wink:
Enjoy every sandwich

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:09 pm

tanstaafl2 wrote: Of course at the rate the Rockies are going they may need to start practicing on ice skates. Denver and Cleveland (hopefully)/Boston in November doesn't sound much like baseball to me whether it is on a network or cable. Sounds more like hockey...
They're never gonna let us have a Super Bowl. :( Not when we have snow baseball in April and ice skating baseball in October.

You get a snowcheck in April, but I don't know how that works in the playoffs.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

macrae1234

#10 Post by macrae1234 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Game one started around 5:30 here in AZ I agree that too much emphasis is palced on TV and not home town fans. As far as weather is converned it doesn't matter what time it starts here. Game One was 97 at first pitch and it probably bottomed out at the mid seventies by game end.
My thoughts are that the game should start arond 7 730 eastern regardless of where it is played. Most people are only interested in the last 3 or 4 innings anyway so the west sees them starting at 6ish and the east sees them at 9ish.

Larry Bud Selig
Merry Man

#11 Post by Larry Bud Selig » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:41 pm

You should all be thankful I don't schedule the NLCS for 3 in the morning. I had more fun watching Barry Bonds hit #755.

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider this whole parity thing everybody wanted. I only agreed to it in the first place so that my Brewers could finally win a championship, but by the time that happens the Yankee$ will be a $500,000,000 also-ran and the Devil Rays will be World Champs. :shock: