Transcript 01/11/2008 - Scott Cameron (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 01/11/2008 - Scott Cameron (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Scott Cameron
New York City, NY
Education director for Sesame Street

Scott works for the Children's Television Workshop. Meredith asks if any of the Muppets are on his Phone-a-Friend list. Scott replies that Elmo is about 3 and Big Bird is 6. Oscar is ageless however. As for Cookie Monster, he's great with cookies but not so smart. Scott says he might get fired for this.

Scott has all of his lifelines available.

$4K - A type of molecule, cubane gets its name because its structure resembles a shape with how many sides?

A - 4
B - 5
C - 6
D - 7

Scott guesses that the name comes from "cube" which has six sides. He takes an educated guess and makes "C" his final answer.

$8K - Due to a population boost, what animal was dropped from the government's endangered and threatened species list in 2007?

A - killer whale
B - Atlantic salmon
C - Florida panther
D - bald eagle

Scott has an idea but he decides to turn to the very smart audience (audience cheers) and ask them.

ATA results:
A - 2%
B - 6%
C - 3%
D - 89%

Scott trusts "this great audience" (audience cheers itself again) and goes with "D" as his final answer.

$16K - Excluding Wyoming, how many U.S. states have nqames that begin with two consecutive consonants?

A - one
B - two
C - three
D - four

Scott asks Meredith. She says she'd ask Cookie Monster - he's probably looking pretty smart right now. Scott says that attitude isn't helping right now because he's a little stressed. Meredith apologizes. Scott names Rhode Island as one, and then mentions Florida. He goes against what he thought he would do and asks for the 50/50, leaving A and B. The audience cheers as Scott smiles.

$25K - What novel's opening line features the memorable phrase "all that David Copperfield kind of crap"?

A - Portnoy's Complaint
B - A confederacy of Dunces
C - Slaughterhouse Five
D - The Catcher in the Rye

He's sure of one that it isn't, but he has to use his final lifeline. He hopes his friend Andrew knows this. Scott reads the question and answers, leaving 15 seconds. Andrew does some heavy breathing then says, "I don't know," then suddenly adds, "Catcher in the Rye, definitely, definitely, definitely." Scott says, "Which one?" and Andrew repeats, "Catcher in the Rye". Meredith says "That was weird because he went from "I don't know" to "Definitely", almost schizoid. Scott grins and says, "What do you think happened there?" and adds something else unintellgible. Meredith says something about a computer just as Scott makes "D" his final answer. "Definitely, definitely, definitely!" Meredith says.

Commercial break

$50K - According to the International Federation of Competitive Eating, 108 seconds is the fastest time on record for the eating of what?

A - eighty chicken nuggets
B - twenty-one matzo balls
C - six pounds of baked beans
D - three pounds of sour pickles

Looking at all those choices makes Scott a little nauseous, so he decides to switch the question.

$50K (STQ) - In which of these places would you find the Girdle of Venus?

A - inside a pineapple
B - on the human hand
C - at the summit of Mt. Everest
D - on a king cobra's head

Scott has no idea and decides to guess "C" as his final answer, sending him out of the Hot Seat with $25K.

ANSWERS:
$4K - C (6)
$8K - D (bald eagle)
$16K - B (two)
$25K - D (The Catcher in the Rye)
$50K - C (six pounds of baked beans)
$50K (STQ) - B (on the human hand)

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#2 Post by etaoin22 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 am

I might have been tempted to not STQ at 50K, and lose, otherwise little to say.

Edited to add a comma.

silverscreenselect

Re: Transcript 01/11/2008 - Scott Cameron (carryover contest

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:09 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Scott Cameron
New York City, NY

$50K (STQ) - In which of these places would you find the Girdle of Venus?

A - inside a pineapple
B - on the human hand

$50K (STQ) - B (on the human hand)
Where is Sir Edmund Hillary when you really need him to narrow down your answers. Actually, most questions with a weird answer like this are either parts of the human body or something in outer space (and the use of the word Venus pretty much leaves the latter out for this one).

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:47 am

$50K: Another one from the WWOQ® that I'll have to switch.

$50K #2: ... but at least this WWOQ® is Googleable. PAF.

earendel

Re: Transcript 01/11/2008 - Scott Cameron (carryover contest

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:59 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Scott Cameron
New York City, NY

Scott works for the Children's Television Workshop. Meredith asks if any of the Muppets are on his Phone-a-Friend list. Scott replies that Elmo is about 3 and Big Bird is 6. Oscar is ageless however. As for Cookie Monster, he's great with cookies but not so smart. Scott says he might get fired for this.
This turns out later to be funny.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K - Due to a population boost, what animal was dropped from the government's endangered and threatened species list in 2007?

A - killer whale
B - Atlantic salmon
C - Florida panther
D - bald eagle

Scott has an idea but he decides to turn to the very smart audience (audience cheers) and ask them.

ATA results:
A - 2%
B - 6%
C - 3%
D - 89%

Scott trusts "this great audience" (audience cheers itself again) and goes with "D" as his final answer.
<Sigh> A lifeline is a terrible thing to waste.

$16K - Excluding Wyoming, how many U.S. states have names that begin with two consecutive consonants?

A - one
B - two
C - three
D - four

Scott asks Meredith. She says she'd ask Cookie Monster - he's probably looking pretty smart right now. Scott says that attitude isn't helping right now because he's a little stressed. Meredith apologizes. Scott names Rhode Island as one, and then mentions Florida. He goes against what he thought he would do and asks for the 50/50, leaving A and B. The audience cheers as Scott smiles.[/quote]

This one takes some thought, and Scott took the time needed to come up with the right answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - What novel's opening line features the memorable phrase "all that David Copperfield kind of crap"?

A - Portnoy's Complaint
B - A confederacy of Dunces
C - Slaughterhouse Five
D - The Catcher in the Rye

He's sure of one that it isn't, but he has to use his final lifeline. He hopes his friend Andrew knows this. Scott reads the question and answers, leaving 15 seconds. Andrew does some heavy breathing then says, "I don't know," then suddenly adds, "Catcher in the Rye, definitely, definitely, definitely." Scott says, "Which one?" and Andrew repeats, "Catcher in the Rye". Meredith says "That was weird because he went from "I don't know" to "Definitely", almost schizoid. Scott grins and says, "What do you think happened there?" and adds something else unintellgible. Meredith says something about a computer just as Scott makes "D" his final answer. "Definitely, definitely, definitely!" Meredith says.
Well, Andrew's Google search came up just in time. My first thought was that it would have been "C" (it sounds like something Vonnegut would write), but not being sure, I'd have gone with PAF also (since neither ATA nor 50/50 would help).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K - According to the International Federation of Competitive Eating, 108 seconds is the fastest time on record for the eating of what?

A - eighty chicken nuggets
B - twenty-one matzo balls
C - six pounds of baked beans
D - three pounds of sour pickles

Looking at all those choices makes Scott a little nauseous, so he decides to switch the question.
I might have gone with ATA here simply because it's a lifeline of little value at high levels. Failing that, it would be time to STQ for me also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K (STQ) - In which of these places would you find the Girdle of Venus?

A - inside a pineapple
B - on the human hand

Scott has no idea and decides to guess "C" as his final answer, sending him out of the Hot Seat with $25K.
Good choice, because I know this one (a girl in my social circle - limited as it was - in high school was big into palmistry.

So I'd be going for $100K with the 50/50 still in play.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:24 pm

4K: Never heard this word either, but can figure out the answer from it.

16K: Boy, would it be boring to hear me list all the states. Especially since I got the answer early but still had to be thorough. Why don't the people playing these type of Qs ever just, like, list all the states?

50K: Doubt it would be matzoh balls, but have no idea. STQ

STQ 50K: Eek. PAF