Pics of the Set from my latest show

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

Pics of the Set from my latest show

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:57 pm

Today was the cloding performance of Brighton Beach Memoirs at my local communtiy theatre. I Directed the show and helped design the set. I also essentially built the set all by myself. Other did the painting and set dressing, but the construction of the platforms and walls was about 98% me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

tanstaafl2

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:44 am

Nice job! Have been involved in both set design and construction in the past (the distant past...) I know what a challenge that can be!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

TheCalvinator24

#3 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:50 am

And of course, I meant closing performance. It wasn't cloding. It wasn't even clodding.

Or clotting.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Catfish

#4 Post by Catfish » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Most excellent! Love the colors. Our community theater is doing BBM in the spring. My son wants to audition for Eugene. I may torture him by auditioning for Eugene's mother. Eatcha LIV-uh!
Catfish

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:09 pm

Catfish wrote:Most excellent! Love the colors. Our community theater is doing BBM in the spring. My son wants to audition for Eugene. I may torture him by auditioning for Eugene's mother. Eatcha LIV-uh!
I hope you get better audiences than we did. Ours were responsive, but very, very small.

:(

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#6 Post by hermillion » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:04 pm

This is wonderful! I love the cutaway design.

Sorry your audiences weren't bigger, but I'm sure those who attended were treated to a great show.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana