Transcript 01/15/2008 Gail Rosier

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 01/15/2008 Gail Rosier

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Gail Rosier
Scottsdale, AZ
stay at home mom
Babysat for Adam West's kids
Delivered singing telegrams dressed as a gorilla
Appeared on Jeopardy in the days that runners-up got consolation prizes (instead of $1000-$2000) Wore a red suit there and Alex Trebek sang Lady in Red to her.
Wants to help her children so they could afford to go to whatever college they earn their way to academically.

$4000- Co-authored by Newt Gingrich, what is the title of the 2007 book that is subtitled "A Novel of December 8th"?
A. Yorktown B. Gettysburg
C. The Moon D. Pearl Harbor

$8000- The logo for the MTV show "Jackass" features a dented skull located above what two crossed items?
A. Crutches B. Firecrackers
C. Skateboards D. Rockets

ATA
A-74% B-6%
C-18% D-2%

$16,000
A 7.0 megapixel digital camera captures images with a resolution of approximately how many pixels per photo?
A. 7,000 B. 70,000
C. 700,000 D. 7,000,000

PaF sister Shawna, she told Shawna it was a "Michael" question. Sure enough, Shawna was relaying the question presumably to Michael and time ran out before Michael could respond.

50/50
B. 70,000
D. 7,000,000

$25,000
After his death in 1852, what famous American became the first person to lie in state at the U.S. Capitol?
A. Stephen Douglas B. Daniel Webster
C. Henry Clay D. Francis Scott Key

Gail indicates she has no idea and walks with $16K.

Answers
$4000- D. Pearl Harbor
$8000- A. Crutches
$16K- D. 7 million
$25K- C. Henry Clay

Commercial break

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 01/15/2008 Gail Rosier

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 am

$8K: I don't watch the show. Secretly leaning toward A, but would've burned the ATA.

$25K: Can't place any of these four with a death date. Try the PAF and hope for the best.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:14 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Gail Rosier
Scottsdale, AZ
stay at home mom
Babysat for Adam West's kids
Delivered singing telegrams dressed as a gorilla
Appeared on Jeopardy in the days that runners-up got consolation prizes (instead of $1000-$2000) Wore a red suit there and Alex Trebek sang Lady in Red to her.
Must have been a long time ago, then. The J! Archive doesn't list her.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000- The logo for the MTV show "Jackass" features a dented skull located above what two crossed items?
A. Crutches B. Firecrackers
C. Skateboards D. Rockets

ATA
A-74% B-6%
C-18% D-2%
I'd have gone with "A" even though I've never see the show (or the movies).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
A 7.0 megapixel digital camera captures images with a resolution of approximately how many pixels per photo?
A. 7,000 B. 70,000
C. 700,000 D. 7,000,000

PaF sister Shawna, she told Shawna it was a "Michael" question. Sure enough, Shawna was relaying the question presumably to Michael and time ran out before Michael could respond.
Just shows how important it is to practice - and if Michael was that good, why wasn't he on the list?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
After his death in 1852, what famous American became the first person to lie in state at the U.S. Capitol?

Gail indicates she has no idea and walks with $16K.
The things you learn when you move to a new state - I read a lot about "The Great Compromiser" and this is one of those things that stuck in my brain.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tanstaafl2

#4 Post by tanstaafl2 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:27 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25,000
Tough question. Easy to rule out Douglas, who was still debating Lincoln in 1860, but the other three were essentially contemporaries and Clay and Webster were very similar in bacground. And both died in 1852!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:38 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Gail Rosier
Scottsdale, AZ
stay at home mom

$25,000
This little tittel tidbit gets brought back up every time they have someone lie in state (Reagan, Ford, Rosa Parks, et al)

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:57 pm

8K: Crutches would make sense. On the other hand, little about the Jackass movies does make sense. ATA

16K: OK, I know about bill & trill & so forth, & even nano. What the hell # is "mega" supposed to be. Is a megaton bomb, for instance, really a million ton bomb? Or something else. Know its going to be a large #, so 50/50 & hope only 1 large is left.

See my comment in other thread about how people love that "real" look in their photos but want their info-deleted music to sound like the crap it sounds like. Maybe if music info was stored something neat-sounding, like "(mu)zixells", instead of just plain old "bits".

25K: I don't think Douglas died in 1852, since he debated Lincoln after that. I think. But PAF here.

ne1410s

#7 Post by ne1410s » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:35 pm

I don't think Douglas died in 1852, since he debated Lincoln after that. I think.
The Lincoln-Douglas Debates were held in 1858. The only site still standing from those debates is Old Main at Knox College in Galesburg, IL.

And now you know the rest of the story.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by etaoin22 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:10 pm

Well, let me get my post on Gail Rosier in the Gail Rosier thread, not in the name #384 thread where I had inadvertently put it. My mind is mushed.

Because we were dealing there with the category of birth names, , and it turns out that THIS contestant started out Gail Fouts in Walla Walla, Wash, and then at the time of her J! appearance, was Gail Fouts Bernstein from the great state of Massachusetts.

http://union-bulletin.com/articles/2008 ... ocal05.txt

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php ... ight=fouts

I gotta not fail to mention Walla Walla, Wash; since I did not do the Pogo version of the lyrics to Deck the Halls last month. Like all true anthemic versions, the first verse sticks in the mind, and I will roll it out if needed. But, There is a whole album of walt kelly Pogo songs, in fact. And here is a refernece thereto:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/ ... halls.html

The late great Clyde Gilmour of the CBC played two or three of the Pogo songs occasionally, at the end of his weekly program "Gilmour's Albums"; he liked "Truly, truly true", as well as a song I cannot remember, but had, like the Kelly Deck the Halls, a set of word salad lyrics.