B4 Team-The List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-The List

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:28 am

Week 238

What is the one thing you are going to work on this week to improve your health and fitness?

Just one thing, if you do it long enough, can make a difference.

For me, I am going to make sure I get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day and hydrate better.

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:07 pm

I am going to maintain a positive attitude about everything. Upbeat, that's the ticket. F'rinstance, yesterday GW's car battery died with no warning in the late afternoon. Ran out to get a new one, and managed to break the terminal connection (NOT the terminal itself, thank Ghu) on one side. Ran back to get the replacement. Took my normal three-times-as-long-as-the-average-person to get it fixed. My thought: at least it didn't happen in the dead of winter.

Stand up straight, appear bright and personable, look the AP's in the eye and smile, darn ya, smile!
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

ladysoleil

Re: B4 Team-The List

#3 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:43 pm

Keep up the good eating.

Although there's no way in heck I could be totally bikini-worthy by Saturday, I'll look and feel better if I keep doing what I'm doing and I could realistically lose a pound or two by then if I keep at it.

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#4 Post by cindy.wellman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:21 am

I'm not normally on this thread, but I am doing things to send away some unwanted poundage that has accumulated over the last year. I use SparkPeople.com (free!) to keep track of many things diet, health and othe goal related things, and it is going well.

I love the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs by Leslie Sansone. I did my first one again today. I'd like to do a streak to see just how many days in a row I can do a WATP DVD or other form of planned physical activity.

GS, I've fallen victim (in a good way) to the attempts of trying to have a more positive attitude. I say victim because what started all of this was the SECRET book that was loaned to me and the DVD that somehow got delivered to my house. (twice, but that is another story)

I've been such a glass half empty type of person lately, that pushing aside some of the huge things I disagree with in that book/DVD, I have been able to start thinking good thoughts more often, rather than cloudy, rainy thoughts.

I guess what really made me notice how bad it had gotten was when I heard myself.......in my daughter. She started to say things that sounded just like I did. Sigh! BUT...I've told her that I'm trying to change, and hopefully she'll pick up on some of the good vibes coming from me.

Thanks for a wonderful thread.

Cindy

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:40 am

I am getting a real massage Saturday, the first in a couple of months. The local school offers cheap ones so the students can practice.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:56 am

This may not count as healthy living, but it's ultimately practical. This week I may finish up the candy that's still left over from last Halloween. Then I'll have a clean start for All Hallow's Eve 2007.

(No, I didn't have that much left over last year. I just don't ordinarily think about candy for snacks, and it didn't go bad. Still, on principle, I wouldn't want to give away year-old stuff to the neighborhood kids. I probably will buy less this year, and it will be different kinds.)

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:58 am

silvercamaro wrote:This may not count as healthy living, but it's ultimately practical. This week I may finish up the candy that's still left over from last Halloween. Then I'll have a clean start for All Hallow's Eve 2007.
Year-old candy corn is just as good.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: B4 Team-The List

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:40 am

Bixby17 wrote:Week 238

What is the one thing you are going to work on this week to improve your health and fitness?

Just one thing, if you do it long enough, can make a difference.
The firm is purchasing gym memberships for each of the attorneys. With just one condition. We have to show up at least ten times a month, or we have to pay for it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#9 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 am

I am going to totally ignore all the stuff left over from the sleepover. What is edible for teenagers is not edible for adults. I considered inviting the boys back over to finish all the candy and chips, but even I'm not that crazy!!!

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:09 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I am going to totally ignore all the stuff left over from the sleepover. What is edible for teenagers is not edible for adults. I considered inviting the boys back over to finish all the candy and chips, but even I'm not that crazy!!!
How much leftovers are there? It shouldn't take that many teenagers to finish it off!

minimetoo26

#11 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:14 am

An entire bag of sour cream and onion potato chips (yuk) and two bags of Cool Ranch Doritos (double yuk!). They opened the stuff I like and left the stuff I don't, which is okay from one standpoint but not from the waste standpoint.

There used to be a period once a week when you met with your advisor and someone would bring in snacks, but they discontinued that this year. I coulda offloaded the junk on the class....

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:18 am

minimetoo26 wrote:An entire bag of sour cream and onion potato chips (yuk) and two bags of Cool Ranch Doritos (double yuk!).
I'd much rather have the real sour cream and onion dip than the artificial flavoring on the chips. But invite a couple teens over for a couple hours and your problem is solved.

And next time...only buy the snack foods you like! 8)

minimetoo26

#13 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:25 am

I got a tub of dip left for the plain chips and the Fritos. I let Stephen pick the snacks.

And if I liked the chips, I'd be eating them and they'd kick me off the B4 Team!

I've made Potato Chip Chicken before, but the chemical taste of that goop they put on the flavored chips would ruin dinner, so I won't risk it. The kids have a couple days off next week for conferences, so maybe I'll have a few of the less obnoxious ones back over...

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 am

minimetoo26 wrote:And if I liked the chips, I'd be eating them and they'd kick me off the B4 Team!
Maybe Coach Bix would put on her pointy boots, but the rest of us would commiserate with you.

And ask you to pass the dip... :wink:

Bixby17

#15 Post by Bixby17 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:49 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:This may not count as healthy living, but it's ultimately practical. This week I may finish up the candy that's still left over from last Halloween. Then I'll have a clean start for All Hallow's Eve 2007.
Year-old candy corn is just as good.
Do you mean that year-old candy corn is just as disgusting as it is when it is brand new?

Candy corn is the worst candy ever. I'd trade all my candy corn for just one Snickers.

MarleysGh0st

#16 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:55 am

Bixby17 wrote: Do you mean that year-old candy corn is just as disgusting as it is when it is brand new?
The fact that candy corn is so digusting, yet so irresistable, is part of its macabre appeal that makes it so appropriate for Halloween! :twisted:

minimetoo26

#17 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:56 am

On Noggin, Moose sings this song called "I Don't Like Candy Corn", so of course my kids wanted candy corn to try it.

They all like it. I love it, and I don't like much non-chocolate sweet stuff.

It is adorable to hear Erin going around singing the candy corn song...