Need advice...should I or shouldn't I?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Need advice...should I or shouldn't I?

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Well, this week is gonna be exciting!

fwh has been asking me when this was gonna happen...well....

The WheelMobile will be here Saturday, October 20, 2007.

I can't remember the BBs from here who have gone when the WheelMobile has hit their town, had an "audition", then went on to be on WOF?

I am new to the WOF audition process...so all advice is solicited!

Please feel free to IM me with any special suggestions and the like.

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:06 pm

Yes! Go!

Number one: You're always "on". The AP's are always watching you, for your enthusiasm toward auditioning, for your own appearance and for your attitude toward the other auditioners. Cheer on everyone else, even if they're the biggest flock of turkeys you've ever seen in your life. Don't just sit there while they're grading the test; talk with others and seem enthusiastic ("just happy to be here").

Number two: Speak up! I think this is the first thing for which you will be eliminated from consideration. When you call out your letters, or react to passing the test, be heard! Don't yell, but above all don't mumble. A good loud speaking level, like you're giving a speech in a small hall without amplification, will do.

Number three (and I think this may have gotten me over the bar): React positively to missing a letter, a puzzle or a spin. If it's still the same as years ago, you'll get a chance to call one or two letters at most, and then they'll "bankrupt" you and go on to the next person. Give an appropriate reaction to that, or to missing a letter when you call one. If you solve a puzzle, cheer yourself. Facial expressions are good, especially happy ones, but don't be stony-faced.

Good luck!
gs
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

fuzzywuzzy

#3 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:10 pm

gsabc wrote:Yes! Go!

Number one: You're always "on". The AP's are always watching you, for your enthusiasm toward auditioning, for your own appearance and for your attitude toward the other auditioners. Cheer on everyone else, even if they're the biggest flock of turkeys you've ever seen in your life. Don't just sit there while they're grading the test; talk with others and seem enthusiastic ("just happy to be here").

Number two: Speak up! I think this is the first thing for which you will be eliminated from consideration. When you call out your letters, or react to passing the test, be heard! Don't yell, but above all don't mumble. A good loud speaking level, like you're giving a speech in a small hall without amplification, will do.

Number three (and I think this may have gotten me over the bar): React positively to missing a letter, a puzzle or a spin. If it's still the same as years ago, you'll get a chance to call one or two letters at most, and then they'll "bankrupt" you and go on to the next person. Give an appropriate reaction to that, or to missing a letter when you call one. If you solve a puzzle, cheer yourself. Facial expressions are good, especially happy ones, but don't be stony-faced.

Good luck!
gs
Gordon Thanks so much!!!! I am truly stoked about this...been thinking about it since I became eligible!

To quote Ox from "Stripes", "I'LL DO IT!" :D

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

earendel

Re: Need advice...should I or shouldn't I?

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:11 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:Well, this week is gonna be exciting!

I can't remember the BBs from here who have gone when the WheelMobile has hit their town, had an "audition", then went on to be on WOF?

fuzzy 8)
By all means go - you've got nothing to lose.

I believe it was lilclyde54 who did the Wheelmobile and got on the show. There may be others.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:14 pm

earendel wrote:I believe it was lilclyde54 who did the Wheelmobile and got on the show. There may be others.
Timsterino is one of them.

Good luck, Fuzzy!

fuzzywuzzy

#6 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:20 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:I believe it was lilclyde54 who did the Wheelmobile and got on the show. There may be others.
Timsterino is one of them.

Good luck, Fuzzy!
Thanks Marley...I already pmed him and lilclyde!

:lol:
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

fuzzywuzzy

#7 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:23 pm

By all means go - you've got nothing to lose.

I believe it was lilclyde54 who did the Wheelmobile and got on the show. There may be others.[/quote]

I have pmed lilclyde...

Thanks earndel!

fuzzy :D
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

Catfish

#8 Post by Catfish » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:10 pm

fuzzywuzzy wrote:Well, this week is gonna be exciting!

fuzzy 8)
One word of warning: Be prepared for a long day as you go through the varying levels of entry, and don't be discouraged if the gods of randomness don't shine on you. Can you go with a group of friends to be silly with while you wait? My son's piano teacher went to one of these events with some girlfriends a few years ago and said there were numerous stages to go through to even get close. None of them did, but they had a fun day anyway.

Love,
Catfish

fuzzywuzzy

#9 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:16 pm

One word of warning: Be prepared for a long day as you go through the varying levels of entry, and don't be discouraged if the gods of randomness don't shine on you. Can you go with a group of friends to be silly with while you wait? My son's piano teacher went to one of these events with some girlfriends a few years ago and said there were numerous stages to go through to even get close. None of them did, but they had a fun day anyway.

Love,[/quote]

catfish,

Thanks for the advice, it is so helpful to know what to expect as far a time spent waiting and the like.

I am going to go with fwh = fuzzywuzzy hubby. He has been pushing me towards this for awhile. I haven't told him yet, so, he will be totally surprised.

In fact, I am going to see him in 16 minutes.
So, I gotta go from the bored till tomorrow!

I will keep you posted, and will let you all know what happens!

fuzzy aka Kelly
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

fuzzywuzzy

Ok, its a go!

#10 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:39 pm

fwh is completely stoked about the audition for WOF this Saturday. I am going for it!

lilclyde, thank you, thank you, thank you, for pming me! I look forward to more of your sage and learned advice!

Ok, gang...going home now to watch the Red Sox.

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

lilclyde54

#11 Post by lilclyde54 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Hey Fuzzy. I sent you a second one with a little more info. I hope it helps you make it to the show.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#12 Post by AnnieCamaro » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Miss Fuzzy, I hope they pick you!

Don't miss Annie's Showdog Audition Rules in another thread. I think they would apply to Wheel of Fortune, too.
Sou iu koto de.

fuzzywuzzy

#13 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:27 am

AnnieCamaro wrote:Miss Fuzzy, I hope they pick you!

Don't miss Annie's Showdog Audition Rules in another thread. I think they would apply to Wheel of Fortune, too.
Why thank you Miss Annie! I will definitely bone up on Annie's Showdog audition rules... :D

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#14 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:38 am

You should do it! Good Luck!

fuzzywuzzy

More WOF

#15 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 am

Thank you to lilclyde & timsterino...who have been great sources of information and advice! I will keep you informed on what happens!

Therefore, I plunge forward...into the madness that is the WOF preaudition/final audition process!

Being a veteran of the BAM process has its perks...I have met a great deal of wonderful people here on the bored who are fantastic advisors, a great support system, learned psychological counselors, and cheering section! GO TEAM! :lol:

fuzzy 8)
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

peacock2121

#16 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:04 am

Of course you should!

You gotta be in it to win it.

Be there being that you will be picked, not hoping you will, not wishing you will, but being that you will.

Be the picked one.