Cleveland - Red Sox prediction

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Cleveland - Red Sox prediction

#1 Post by gsabc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:22 pm

After scoring six runs in the second game, the Red Sox will not score six more runs total during the rest of the Series.

As I feared, the evil pitchers have shown up, and now the bats have gone quiet. A Cleveland - Colorado World Series, with the lowest TV ratings since they started keeping track. Joy.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

nitrah55

#2 Post by nitrah55 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:25 pm

I think I've decided that I want the Red Sox to win the ALCS by a whisker in 7, and then get pasted by the Colorado Rockies so bad that Manny Ramirez starts crying like the school bully took away his lunch money.

Then the folks with the pitchforks and torches storm Francona's house.

mrkelley23

#3 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:49 pm

Not that nitrah's bitter, or anything :evil:

I love listen to the talking heads at ESPN and other places talk about the impending doom of MLB because of low playoff ratings. Yes, TV is important to the owners, and continuous declining ratings might marginalize the sport, but since I have problems with the methodology of the ratings-gatherers anyway, I won't cry in my beer about it.

I'll probably enjoy a Rockies-Indians series more than the Sox, but I'll take either one.

Especially if the Rockies win.

BTW, Sprots, did you see your pre-playoff hero, Jamey Carroll, is an Evansville boy? Pretty heartwarming story, actually -- his mom passed away from breast cancer last year, but she hung on long enough to see him become a successful major leaguer. Not bad for a guy who was only about the fifth-best prospect on his Legion team.

And it seems like the Rockies are mostly like Jamey -- overachievers who play the game the right way. So yeah, I'll root for them without shame.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:55 pm

I hope it's the Red Sox too, but only because I think we swept the Sox earlier this season.

Otherwise I would hope for Cleveland just because a couple of my co-workers are Boilermakers who are totally for the Indians and it will be more funner than if it were Boston, which there aren't any of.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:56 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:.

BTW, Sprots, did you see your pre-playoff hero, Jamey Carroll, is an Evansville boy? Pretty heartwarming story, actually -- his mom passed away from breast cancer last year, but she hung on long enough to see him become a successful major leaguer. Not bad for a guy who was only about the fifth-best prospect on his Legion team.

And it seems like the Rockies are mostly like Jamey -- overachievers who play the game the right way. So yeah, I'll root for them without shame.
I did not see that. Thanks.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:03 pm

mrkelley23 wrote: I love listen to the talking heads at ESPN and other places talk about the impending doom of MLB because of low playoff ratings. Yes, TV is important to the owners, and continuous declining ratings might marginalize the sport, but since I have problems with the methodology of the ratings-gatherers anyway, I won't cry in my beer about it.
They're crazy. The MLB PTB knew when they approved us that we could get into the playoffs. Why didn't they reject us as an expansion team if we're so bad for MLB?

IMHO, the chief cause of the low playoff ratings is starting the games at 10 Eastern. I said earlier they should start at 8:00, and somebody else chimed in 7:30. I agree with that person -- all playoff games should start no later than 7:30 ET.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:04 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:[
IMHO, the chief cause of the low playoff ratings is starting the games at 10 Eastern. I said earlier they should start at 8:00, and somebody else chimed in 7:30. I agree with that person -- all playoff games should start no later than 7:30 ET.
Maybe they should get celebrity players, maybe have Jerry Sienfeld catch one inning, Sara Jessica Parker could pinch run for someone, and so forth.

It worked so well for other shows.

:lol:

Larry Bud Selig
Merry Man

#8 Post by Larry Bud Selig » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:56 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:They're crazy. The MLB PTB knew when they approved us that we could get into the playoffs. Why didn't they reject us as an expansion team if we're so bad for MLB?
Because we had the incompetent Fay Vincent in charge when that decision to let you guys and... ick! Florida into the league was made. And people cried when we threw that fat bastard out on his ear.

SportsFan68 wrote:IMHO, the chief cause of the low playoff ratings is starting the games at 10 Eastern. I said earlier they should start at 8:00, and somebody else chimed in 7:30. I agree with that person -- all playoff games should start no later than 7:30 ET.
I'll recommend you for my next blue ribbon panel. We'll be discussing whether I should really give a rat's patoot about what the fans think. I've already prepared the panel's answer, but we won't be getting into that topic until George Mitchell's done having his fun.

NFL_Referee
Merry Man

#9 Post by NFL_Referee » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:22 pm

SportsFan68 wrote: IMHO, the chief cause of the low playoff ratings is starting the games at 10 Eastern. I said earlier they should start at 8:00, and somebody else chimed in 7:30. I agree with that person -- all playoff games should start no later than 7:30 ET.
I got a solution. You could put me behind the plate. I know what needs to be done.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#10 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:28 pm

NFL_Referee wrote: I got a solution. You could put me behind the plate. I know what needs to be done.
NFL_Referee, you gotta always keep that same avatar.

ROFL!