heroes thread (with spoilers)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

heroes thread (with spoilers)

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:24 am

So what did we learn on last night's show?
Spoiler
1. Matt's dad is the "Nightmare Man"? Or is it "Bob", Mohinder's boss?

2. Sylar escaped from that jungle prison he was in last week.

3. Micah's cousin has a power - does the boy also?

4. The car that Maya, Alejandro and now Sylar are riding in is the one that was stolen from Claire.
And we still don't know:
Spoiler
1. What is Maya's power? It appears that Alejandro's power is the ability to nullify his sister's power.

2. Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that Claire's flying boyfriend will turn out to be related to the Petrellis, making them cousins (or closer)?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

TheCalvinator24

#2 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:32 am

Spoiler
You think flying boy is related to the Petrellis? Just because he can fly? If that's all the evidence, it's pretty flimsy.

I think it was made pretty clear that Matt's dad was the Nightmare man.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't figure out that the Rogue was Claire's.

I think they should have explained how Sylar wound up in the middle of the road in Mexico. I suspect he was finally able to teleport, but he wasn't able to control it. Or maybe, we was really in the middle of Mexico but Candice's power made him think he was in the middle of a watery jungle. Of course, the illusion should have gone away when Sylar killed her.

I'm more interested in discovering what Uhura's power is. Micah, DL, & Micah's Cousin all descend from her. Uhura wasn't in the group picture, was she?
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

tanstaafl2

Re: heroes thread (with spoilers)

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 am

earendel wrote:So what did we learn on last night's show?
Spoiler
1. Matt's dad is the "Nightmare Man"? Or is it "Bob", Mohinder's boss?

Pretty sure that it is Matt's dad. At least that is what they wanted us to believe.

2. Sylar escaped from that jungle prison he was in last week.

As if he was going to get lost in their and die, thus removing him from the show. There was never much doubt he would reappear.

Seems like pretty much everbody has a power at this point...

4. The car that Maya, Alejandro and now Sylar are riding in is the one that was stolen from Claire.

Did we know that? I thought she had an SUV. Seems like the car was a sedan but I didn't really pay much attention to it. At some point the "coincidences" like this tend to get carried a bit too far...
And we still don't know:
Spoiler
1. What is Maya's power? It appears that Alejandro's power is the ability to nullify his sister's power.

Rather appears to be "muerte negra".

2. Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that Claire's flying boyfriend will turn out to be related to the Petrellis, making them cousins (or closer)?

Incest is best. Keeping it in the family...

Interesting to have an entire show without Peter or Hiro. Not that it was all to gether a bad thing. Or the blond chick if I recall correctly. And yet they find time to introduce yet another character. Might be time to move it along as they are starting to put even "Lost" to shame with all the extra bodies floating through the episodes.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:49 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Spoiler
You think flying boy is related to the Petrellis? Just because he can fly? If that's all the evidence, it's pretty flimsy.

Spoiler
No, just because that's the type of twist that they might throw in.
Spoiler
TheCalvinator24 wrote:I think they should have explained how Sylar wound up in the middle of the road in Mexico. I suspect he was finally able to teleport, but he wasn't able to control it. Or maybe, we was really in the middle of Mexico but Candice's power made him think he was in the middle of a watery jungle. Of course, the illusion should have gone away when Sylar killed her.
Spoiler
When Maya and Alejandro found him he said he'd been walking for days. I figured he just picked a direction and started walking.
Spoiler
TheCalvinator24 wrote:I'm more interested in discovering what Uhura's power is. Micah, DL, & Micah's Cousin all descend from her. Uhura wasn't in the group picture, was she?
Spoiler
They've never shown the full picture, even last night when Matt and Mohinder were discussing who was in it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nichols' character is in the photograph.

tanstaafl2

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:50 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm kicking myself that I didn't figure out that the Rogue was Claire's.

Rogue?

I think they should have explained how Sylar wound up in the middle of the road in Mexico. I suspect he was finally able to teleport, but he wasn't able to control it. Or maybe, we was really in the middle of Mexico but Candice's power made him think he was in the middle of a watery jungle. Of course, the illusion should have gone away when Sylar killed her.

My impression is that he did just walk out from where ever he was. It was just generic jungle that he was in. Terrain could have changed based on elevation. But an explanation would have been nice. Not that they occur much in this show.

I'm more interested in discovering what Uhura's power is. Micah, DL, & Micah's Cousin all descend from her. Uhura wasn't in the group picture, was she?

Didn't recall seeing her in the picture. Was looking far a screen cap to check again but no luck so far.
[/i]
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

tanstaafl2

#6 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:55 am

Semi interesting tidbit from a Heroes spoiler site not directly related to Heroes.
Spoiler
David Anders of Alias fame, who will be playing Kensei, has been upped to a series regular. This might have something to do with the temporary absence of Zachary Quinto (Sylar), who will miss part of the season to play Mr. Spock in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek film.

Looks like the time travel back to Japan story arc will be around for awhile, for better or worse.
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:58 am

Spoiler
[[quote="tanstaafl2"]quote="earendel"]4. The car that Maya, Alejandro and now Sylar are riding in is the one that was stolen from Claire.

Did we know that? I thought she had an SUV. Seems like the car was a sedan but I didn't really pay much attention to it. At some point the "coincidences" like this tend to get carried a bit too far...
Spoiler
I wasn't sure at first, but it's a Nissan Rogue (something the company is hyping a lot on several shows), and it's the right color, plus it has a California tag. All of which point to it being hers.

tanstaafl2

#8 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:13 am

Spoiler
tanstaafl2 wrote:]quote="earendel"]4. The car that Maya, Alejandro and now Sylar are riding in is the one that was stolen from Claire.

Spoiler
I wasn't sure at first, but it's a Nissan Rogue (something the company is hyping a lot on several shows), and it's the right color, plus it has a California tag. All of which point to it being hers.
[/quote]

Spoiler
Thanks for clarifying!

Also, here is a couple of screen captures of the photo:

The only one you can't see in one of the two views appears to be the person sitting in the far right lower corner wearing grey pants. Probably a guy but no face visible.

Also the person with his head turned and face blurred next to Ma Petrelli is presumed to be Mr Petrelli. Some speculation he could be Kensai in the present time
Last edited by tanstaafl2 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:13 am

If a thread is labelled as a spoiler in the subject line and we can only open entire threads at once (not individual messages, like on the old Bored) is it necessary to use the spoiler tags in each individual reply? Wouldn't those who don't want to be spoiled simply avoid the entire thread? All these hidden boxes seem redundant.

earendel wrote:So what did we learn on last night's show?
Spoiler
]
Spoiler
I'm guessing either he doesn't or he's not aware his power, yet. His big sister just seems to be catching on to her power.
earendel wrote:And we still don't know:
Spoiler
Spoiler
I suspect he may be another of Nathan's illegitimate children, simply because this is the first time we've seen anyone with the same power as someone else, except for Sylar and Peter, who can steal/copy another's powers. It can't just be a coincidence.

Dr. Suresh's book must have an interesting chapter on the genetics that explains why eveyone else's powers are so different. :roll:

TheCalvinator24

#10 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:15 am

earendel wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Once you posted that it was Claire's I realized you were right. Jersey boy said he "picked it up" in California. It was pretty clear he meant he had stolen it. I knew it was a Rogue. I just had thought it was another one because of Nissan's sponsorship.[/quote]
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

tanstaafl2

#11 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:17 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:If a thread is labelled as a spoiler in the subject line and we can only open entire threads at once (not individual messages, like on the old Bored) is it necessary to use the spoiler tags in each individual reply? Wouldn't those who don't want to be spoiled simply avoid the entire thread? All these hidden boxes seem redundant.
In the case of spoilers, so as to please everyone, it is good to have redundancy is a good thing...
:wink:
~Mark Twain

~tanstaafl2

TheCalvinator24

#12 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler
I suspect he may be another of Nathan's illegitimate children, simply because this is the first time we've seen anyone with the same power as someone else, except for Sylar and Peter, who can steal/copy another's powers. It can't just be a coincidence.

Dr. Suresh's book must have an interesting chapter on the genetics that explains why eveyone else's powers are so different. :roll:
I believe I read in Entertainment Weekly that we would be seeing more and more Heroes with powers that are duplicates. Micah's cousin's power is somewhat similar to the Midland Waitress's, although it is more physical than mental.
Spoiler
A guy here at work said he thought the pictures of Peter that Nathan was putting on his mirror looked a lot like flying boy. I didn't notice that, but I may watch the show again on tape.

earendel

#13 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:19 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:If a thread is labelled as a spoiler in the subject line and we can only open entire threads at once (not individual messages, like on the old Bored) is it necessary to use the spoiler tags in each individual reply? Wouldn't those who don't want to be spoiled simply avoid the entire thread? All these hidden boxes seem redundant.
Probably not, but I figured I'd try it out to see how it worked. It can become pretty convoluted, I agree.

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:35 am

earendel wrote:
Probably not, but I figured I'd try it out to see how it worked. It can become pretty convoluted, I agree.
Spoiler
Far be it from me to suppress one of our new toys!
Spoiler
Except for frenetic, animated graphics!
Spoiler
8)

thguy65

#15 Post by thguy65 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:52 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:
I believe I read in Entertainment Weekly that we would be seeing more and more Heroes with powers that are duplicates. Micah's cousin's power is somewhat similar to the Midland Waitress's, although it is more physical than mental.
I love that her power seems to be the ability to "watch TV at an exceptional level." :D

I've been trying to develop that one for years.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#16 Post by hermillion » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:00 pm

Tim -- Yours is one of my very favorite avatars. It makes me smile every time I see your sweet daughter's face!
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:07 pm

hermillion wrote:Tim -- Yours is one of my very favorite avatars. It makes me smile every time I see your sweet daughter's face!
So, I give up. Who is that posing with you in your avatar, Nancy?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's Leslie Nielsen. :)

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#18 Post by hermillion » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:43 pm

Marley --

One hint: You probably don't know his face, but if you heard him speak you'd recognize him immediately.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

thguy65

#19 Post by thguy65 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:06 pm

hermillion wrote:Tim -- Yours is one of my very favorite avatars. It makes me smile every time I see your sweet daughter's face!
Thanks, Nancy! At times, Amanda also has the minimetoo-Avatar face as well, but I'm not planning on sharing that with everyone.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#20 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:38 pm

hermillion wrote:Marley --

One hint: You probably don't know his face, but if you heard him speak you'd recognize him immediately.

I got it "in one" via IM. Neener, neener, neener.

:mrgreen:

traininvain

#21 Post by traininvain » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:49 pm

What do you all make of...
Spoiler
...Nathan's disfigured face in the mirror?

Has he the power to conceal/change his appearance much in the way that the girl that Sylar killed could?
Enjoy every sandwich

MarleysGh0st

#22 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:35 pm

hermillion wrote:Marley --

I don't want hints--I said I give up! :?

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#23 Post by hermillion » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:48 pm

Just for Marley.
Spoiler
It's Don Pardo!
The rest of you can keep guessing, if'n you want!

earendel

#24 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:53 am

traininvain wrote:What do you all make of...
Spoiler
...Nathan's disfigured face in the mirror?

Has he the power to conceal/change his appearance much in the way that the girl that Sylar killed could?
I think it may be guilt. We've already seen Nathan's power (flying) and so far there isn't a hero who has more than one power (Peter and Sylar have only one power - the ability to use others' powers).

MarleysGh0st

#25 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:37 am

hermillion wrote:Just for Marley.

The rest of you can keep guessing, if'n you want!
Thanks, Nancy! :)