Transcript 10/16/2007 - Barb Rufle (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/16/2007 - Barb Rufle (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:22 pm

Barb Rufle
Brooklyn, NY
Business analyst

Barb has no lifelines left.

Yesterday Barb said she wasn't a gambler but she gambled twice. She's going to Gamblers Anonymous tonight.

$100K - Which of the following has never been a flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream?

A - The Full VerMonty
B - Dream a Little Cream
C - Makin' Whoopie Pie
D - Root Beer Float My Boat

Barb wishes she ate ice cream. She has heard of Cherry Garcia. It's been fun and unbelievable. She earned $50K for doing nothing. She decides to take the money and run.

ANSWERS:
$100K - B (Dream a Little Cream)

earendel

Re: Transcript 10/16/2007 - Barb Rufle (carryover contestant

#2 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:10 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Barb Rufle
Brooklyn, NY
Business analyst

Barb has no lifelines left.

Yesterday Barb said she wasn't a gambler but she gambled twice. She's going to Gamblers Anonymous tonight.

$100K - Which of the following has never been a flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream?

A - The Full VerMonty
B - Dream a Little Cream
C - Makin' Whoopie Pie

Barb wishes she ate ice cream. She has heard of Cherry Garcia. It's been fun and unbelievable. She earned $50K for doing nothing. She decides to take the money and run.

ANSWERS:
$100K - B (Dream a Little Cream)
OK, time to bring out the lifelines (I would have used 50/50 yesterday). Ben & Jerry's is headquartered in the Northeast, so maybe the audience will know this one. As we watched elwing thought that "Makin' Whoopie Pie" was "too suggestive" for B&J so she thought that was the right answer.

Barb was one-and-done, but she did well.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 am

earendel wrote: OK, time to bring out the lifelines (I would have used 50/50 yesterday). Ben & Jerry's is headquartered in the Northeast, so maybe the audience will know this one. As we watched elwing thought that "Makin' Whoopie Pie" was "too suggestive" for B&J so she thought that was the right answer.

Barb was one-and-done, but she did well.
I don't indulge in Ben & Jerry's, so I wouldn't have been any help. It's lifeline time for me, too; and this is one of those dreaded "which is not" questions.

In retrospect, "Makin' Whoopie Pie" is no more suggestive than "The Full VerMonty". And while it's hard to guess what flavors go into any of these, I suppose a cream-flavored ice cream is the most redundant. Wouldn't that simply be plain vanilla?

slam

#4 Post by slam » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:21 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: In retrospect, "Makin' Whoopie Pie" is no more suggestive than "The Full VerMonty". And while it's hard to guess what flavors go into any of these, I suppose a cream-flavored ice cream is the most redundant. Wouldn't that simply be plain vanilla?
No, "cream" flavor is more, well, "creamy" than vanilla. They're distinct flavors.

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:07 am

Makin' Whoopie Pie was the only one of those B&J flavors I've actually heard of. I had it down to B and D, but would've picked D.

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:18 pm

100K: STQ is the only lifeline I'd have left, & I'd use it!

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:13 am

I knew C and D were flavors.

I picked the wrong one and woulda been wrong.

Shade

#8 Post by Shade » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:29 am

A - The Full VerMonty
B - Dream a Little Cream
C - Makin' Whoopie Pie

I elimated. D and C because I knew C was the one there to trick you. And then I was 50% sure the answer was B. I would no have gone for it though without life lines.