Dancing With the Stars

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

Can I create a poll?

Yes, because I am not Marley
76%
No, because I am Marley
24%

Total votes: 25

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#26 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:40 am

We have the show on Tivo, but nobody has watched lately because we are all too busy.

I don't really care about the show, but the kids like it.

Speaking of which, did anyone see Legally Blonde the Musical on MTV this weekend. It was really good.

fuzzywuzzy

#27 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:34 am

Yes, I watch DWTS, however, I like "So, you think you can dance" alot more.

That being said...I know that Wayne Newton was pretty awful, but, I kept voting for him so I could see Cheryl dnace! LOVE HER!

It seems whoever I vote for gets the boot: Wayne, then Floyd (cause i can't stand Mark Cuben)

fwh pointed out an important fact to me..."Mark Cuban made his money from telecommunications...therefore, he's got the upper hand."

Hmmm...

So, I am voting for Mark Cuban next week so he gets the BOOT! :lol:

Who I want to win... either Sarina Bryan or Helio Castroneves.

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#28 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
Speaking of which, did anyone see Legally Blonde the Musical on MTV this weekend. It was really good.
I saw part of it, completely by accident. I was particularly enchanted when a female character (whose name I never quite heard) asked the the UPS hunk his name and what the "B," his middle initial, stood for. He answered "Brendan" and the two of them -- followed by everybody on stage -- broke into an Irish dance, complete with a pseudo-Riverdance chorus-line ending. I found that to be a delightful way to work a rousing and funny dance number into the scene.

I am hopeful they will re-run the show at some point, so I can watch the whole thing.

mrkelley23

#29 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:43 pm

SWMBO is deeply in love with this show. She loves to dance, as do I, but unfortunately, we're not great dance partners. Also, the quality of ballroom dance instruction here in Podunkville is , well, somewhat lacking, shall we say.

Her favorite is Sabrina, whom she expected to hate just based on pre-show perkiness. But the fact that she's not a stereotypical body type, coupled with the fact that she is just a helluva dancer, has won Wendy over. She also has adored everything Marie Osmond has done so far. Her favorite male would probably be Helio, whose dancing she admires greatly, but she can't seem to get as emotionally invested in him as she has the two females.

I enjoy watching with her, especially with the benefits of DVR, but it's not something I would watch on my own.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#30 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:57 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
I saw part of it, completely by accident. I was particularly enchanted when a female character (whose name I never quite heard) asked the the UPS hunk his name and what the "B," his middle initial, stood for. He answered "Brendan" and the two of them -- followed by everybody on stage -- broke into an Irish dance, complete with a pseudo-Riverdance chorus-line ending. I found that to be a delightful way to work a rousing and funny dance number into the scene.

I am hopeful they will re-run the show at some point, so I can watch the whole thing.
It's been running all week, but if you would like a DVD, let me know :)

Paulette has an earlier song where she talks about her love of all things Irish, so the Irish dancing isn't a complete non-sequitur.

Shade

#31 Post by Shade » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:50 pm

I dislike any show related to dancing

pcmaxey

#32 Post by pcmaxey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:57 pm

I watch because I'm a dirty old man.

Shade

#33 Post by Shade » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 pm

So that's why I don't like it, I'm not a dirty old man :wink:

Simon Coward
Merry Man

#34 Post by Simon Coward » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:08 pm

What is it with all these idiotic talent judging shows? Someone should take the moron who started this trend and gouge out their eyeballs with the butt end of a plastic spoon, because that's how I feel when I watch this crap! Thankfully, we'll have some really interesting programming back on television in a few months. Queue up the train wrecks!