top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 am

More rain today, with chances for thunderstorms. We really need the rain, though, as I said yesterday, not as much as the agricultural regions of the state.

It appears that the demands for reports have all been satisfied.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ne1410s

#2 Post by ne1410s » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 am

Received about an inch of rain here in Central Illinois. Badly needed. Am subbing today at the Jr High. Not too bad--the teacher I'm subbing for has a compressed schedule and I will be finished at 1pm.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

MarleysGh0st

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:32 am

earendel wrote: It appears that the demands for reports have all been satisfied.
And the bureacracy marches on! :)

Our homeowners association meeting was one of the shortest and easiest on record, primarily because of the dismal turn-out. Years ago, we gave up trying to get a quorum for the first night of the meeting, so the board collects proxies for a follow-up meeting tonight, when the quorum is only 50% instead of 75%.

Biggest complaint this year was about the groundhogs digging in peoples' planter boxes. :wink:

Oh, and some residents have apparently spotted a bear on the property. Those are seen down in the southern edges of the county, but I've never heard of one getting this close to us.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:56 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote: It appears that the demands for reports have all been satisfied.
And the bureacracy marches on! :)
I may have spoken too soon - one of the people to whom I sent the data as requested has asked that I "slice and dice" it in a different way. Seems that she's trying to do some analysis and needs some additional statistics.
[/quote]
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Our homeowners association meeting was one of the shortest and easiest on record, primarily because of the dismal turn-out. Years ago, we gave up trying to get a quorum for the first night of the meeting, so the board collects proxies for a follow-up meeting tonight, when the quorum is only 50% instead of 75%.
Our HOA never tried to get quorum, it's all proxy, all the time. The management company even stamps the envelope to mail back the form to make things easier.

The guys on the board are trying to make my community gated, to a tune of about $1,000 per home. Most of the people in the community are irritated with them.

I am so glad that I am no longer on the board.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:09 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: Oh, and some residents have apparently spotted a bear on the property. Those are seen down in the southern edges of the county, but I've never heard of one getting this close to us.
The town where I grew up was at the foot of a mountain. For anybody who lived on the outskirts, "There's a bear in the driveway" was a perfectly good excuse for being late to school or work.

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 am

We had 2 bear sightings a mile down Rte 82. Poor bears.