Kid Nation (spoilers)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

Kid Nation (spoilers)

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 am

Spoiler
Viva la revolucion!

Within the carefully proscribed boundaries set forth by the Book of 1885, of course. :roll:

So, the Book said they had to be divided into four districts and the Book says they only get to vote within those districts. And a Revolution must never stray from the instructions of the Book! Not even any district shopping by any of those qualified leaders in the Green District, as certain very prominent U.S. Senators have done?

At least one member of Taylor's girl clique broke ranks. She--whoever her name was--is now a Hero of the Revolution! :)

Although if Taylor finds out who she is, she may become a Martyr of the Revolution, next week.

christie1111
11:11

I don't like have to add a subject each time

#2 Post by christie1111 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 am

Missed last week, watched this week.
Spoiler
Taylor had it coming. I felt sorry for Mike(?) who really thought he was doing a good job.

Glad they finally gave the kid (Greg?) the gold star. It seems it will really make a difference to him.

The green team does seem to be the strongest as far as leaders. Several of them could do a good job.
Posting so Marley doesn't think I am ignoring his thread.

:D
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

Re: I don't like have to add a subject each time

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:49 am

christie1111 wrote:Posting so Marley doesn't think I am ignoring his thread.
Thanks, christie! :)

You know you don't have to enter a post subject when there's already a thread subject, don't you? :wink:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:05 am

I can't believe that you are still watching this show!

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#5 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:09 am

After my experiences this weekend with intelligent children behaving like total lunatics, I say no way this show is not somewhat scripted and guided by adults.

Unless they are editing out the 2:30 am poker games and 5 am shaving-cream wars....

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:13 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:I can't believe that you are still watching this show!
Like others say...guilty pleasures.

In my case, that's anything new to grumble at! :twisted:

At least I'm avoiding this season of Survivor, because of its conflict with 5th Grader.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:At least I'm avoiding this season of Survivor, because of its conflict with 5th Grader.
I am happy to say that we haven't been watching either of these shows.

Our entire family loves the show Pushing Daisies. (The only shows that rate higher with the girls is Ugly Betty and The Simpsons.)

Because we always listened to the Harry Potter books on CD, the fact that Jim Dale narrates Pushing Daisies made the show instantly interesting for the girls.

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:21 am

minimetoo26 wrote:Unless they are editing out the 2:30 am poker games and 5 am shaving-cream wars....
I don't think shaving cream was included in the supplies they carted in. And they've already had plenty of wild scenes in the saloon, including the nine-year-old last week who had to knock down root beer shots to fight the loneliness over his girlfriend. :roll:

But they only show those scenes when they fit into the theme of the week as dictated by the Book. This week's theme called for scenes of election hooliganism.
Spoiler
Speaking of supplies...this week's award choice was between a barbecue with lots of burgers and hot dogs and a supply of toothbrushes and toothpaste. And Taylor overruled Mike's judgement by going for the latter.

Now this is a wonderful example of poor judgement by the parents and producers regarding these kids. They're only allowed a small knapsack of clothes and personal effects to bring with them--and they weren't allowed to pack a toothbrush so that it could become a moment of drama after two weeks in the ghost town? :shock:

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:45 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler
Now this is a wonderful example of poor judgement by the parents and producers regarding these kids. They're only allowed a small knapsack of clothes and personal effects to bring with them--and they weren't allowed to pack a toothbrush so that it could become a moment of drama after two weeks in the ghost town? :shock:
Spoiler
I am sorry, but given the amount of money I am spending on braces, I would never let my child not have a toothbrush for so long. As far as I am concerned, the producers saying that children could not bring a toothbrush is ridiculous and is borderline child neglect.

The ADA should have something to say about this matter.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:58 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
Spoiler
I am sorry, but given the amount of money I am spending on braces, I would never let my child not have a toothbrush for so long. As far as I am concerned, the producers saying that children could not bring a toothbrush is ridiculous and is borderline child neglect.

The ADA should have something to say about this matter.
Since you're not watching the show, I should probably explain.
Spoiler
They did have one quick scene, in which the kids had apparently been using some old-fashioned tooth powder, applied with their fingers. They were not happy about it.

The question is how much "reality" they want to apply to this pioneer ghost town experience, given that these are children here. (If adults want to be stranded on a deserted island for "Survivor", fine and dandy.) As far as we see on the show, the sanitary facilities for the kids consists of the outhouses they won in the first episode and a hand-operated water pump. That's it.

I wonder if they have some bathtubs or showers hidden somewhere out of the camera's view? If not, those kids must be getting awfully grubby by now!