WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 8096
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
On Sunday, February 11, Altus, Oklahoma, recorded a high temperature of 97 degrees Fahrenheit. That seems to me unexpectedly warm for Oklahoma in February. --Bob

What's your point?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weather.co ... tmobile-us

https://watchers.news/2016/12/19/record ... mber-2016/

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15178
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
On Sunday, February 11, Altus, Oklahoma, recorded a high temperature of 97 degrees Fahrenheit. That seems to me unexpectedly warm for Oklahoma in February. --Bob

What's your point?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weather.co ... tmobile-us

https://watchers.news/2016/12/19/record ... mber-2016/
Just another example of another warmest year on record for the planet as a whole. I intended "unexpectedly warm for Oklahoma in February" as deliberate understatement. Perhaps, though, it's been more common than I realized for Oklahoma temperatures to reach the high 90s in February. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8581
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
Just another example of another warmest year on record for the planet as a whole. I intended "unexpectedly warm for Oklahoma in February" as deliberate understatement. Perhaps, though, it's been more common than I realized for Oklahoma temperatures to reach the high 90s in February. --Bob


From Intellicast for Durant, OK
Feb 22 34° 59° 12° (1963) 92° (1996) 0.1" NA
Feb 23 34° 60° 14° (1914) 93° (1996) 0.11" NA
Feb 24 34° 60° 12° (1914) 93° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 25 35° 60° 14° (1910) 89° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 26 35° 60° 11° (1934) 88° (1917) 0.11" NA

Almost 100 years ago for 93

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:51 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8314
Location: Garden Grove, CA
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Just another example of another warmest year on record for the planet as a whole. I intended "unexpectedly warm for Oklahoma in February" as deliberate understatement. Perhaps, though, it's been more common than I realized for Oklahoma temperatures to reach the high 90s in February. --Bob


From Intellicast for Durant, OK
Feb 22 34° 59° 12° (1963) 92° (1996) 0.1" NA
Feb 23 34° 60° 14° (1914) 93° (1996) 0.11" NA
Feb 24 34° 60° 12° (1914) 93° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 25 35° 60° 14° (1910) 89° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 26 35° 60° 11° (1934) 88° (1917) 0.11" NA

Almost 100 years ago for 93
Isn't the first year for temperature and the second for precipitation? There were consecutive days of 93° 103 years ago.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8581
Location: In Texas of course!
Estonut wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Just another example of another warmest year on record for the planet as a whole. I intended "unexpectedly warm for Oklahoma in February" as deliberate understatement. Perhaps, though, it's been more common than I realized for Oklahoma temperatures to reach the high 90s in February. --Bob


From Intellicast for Durant, OK
Feb 22 34° 59° 12° (1963) 92° (1996) 0.1" NA
Feb 23 34° 60° 14° (1914) 93° (1996) 0.11" NA
Feb 24 34° 60° 12° (1914) 93° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 25 35° 60° 14° (1910) 89° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 26 35° 60° 11° (1934) 88° (1917) 0.11" NA

Almost 100 years ago for 93
Isn't the first year for temperature and the second for precipitation? There were consecutive days of 93° 103 years ago.


This table is: Day, avg low, avg high, record low(year), record high(year), average precip, average snow.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8314
Location: Garden Grove, CA
BackInTex wrote:
Estonut wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

From Intellicast for Durant, OK
Feb 22 34° 59° 12° (1963) 92° (1996) 0.1" NA
Feb 23 34° 60° 14° (1914) 93° (1996) 0.11" NA
Feb 24 34° 60° 12° (1914) 93° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 25 35° 60° 14° (1910) 89° (1918) 0.11" NA
Feb 26 35° 60° 11° (1934) 88° (1917) 0.11" NA

Almost 100 years ago for 93
Isn't the first year for temperature and the second for precipitation? There were consecutive days of 93° 103 years ago.
This table is: Day, avg low, avg high, record low(year), record high(year), average precip, average snow.
OK, then you only need to go back 21 years for 93°.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 4791
Location: Somewhere between Bureaucracy and Despair
Esto, I think his point is that they were having 93 degree days in Oklahoma a hundred years ago, so how is this proof of global warming? Which is a salient point, and why I get as angry with people who say these kinds of things as I do with people who say what about global warming? every time we have a record low. Temperature is not climate, and local is not global.

_________________
The real question of government versus private enterprise is argued on too philosophical and abstract a basis. Theoretically, planning may be good. But nobody has ever figured out the cause of government stupidity—and until they do (and find the cure), all ideal plans will fall into quicksand. -- Richard Feynman, "What do you Care what other People Think?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:32 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15178
Location: By the phone
mrkelley23 wrote:
Esto, I think his point is that they were having 93 degree days in Oklahoma a hundred years ago, so how is this proof of global warming? Which is a salient point, and why I get as angry with people who say these kinds of things as I do with people who say what about global warming? every time we have a record low. Temperature is not climate, and local is not global.
Agreed. But I'm seeing a lot more record (and near-record) highs than I'm seeing record or near-record lows. And in my experience it takes local experience to really drive the point home for many people. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8581
Location: In Texas of course!
Wow, almost 3 months since the last post. No wonder I had trouble finding it.

Anyway, yesterdays Dilbert is applicable.

Image

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.