RIP Incandescent Light Bulbs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Incandescent Light Bulbs

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:07 am

Effective August 1, the manufacture and sale of most incandescent light bulbs in the United States has been banned. (Other countries already had similar bans.) The ban doesn't state it applies to "incandescent" bulbs, but requires all bulbs to emit a minimum of 45 lumens per watt. Incandescent bulbs typically produce 15 lumens per watt while longer-life LED bulbs produce 70 to 100 (and remain much cooler). A 60-watt incandescent bulb produces equivalent light to a 7-10 watt LED bulb, which is considerably longer-lived and more energy efficient. The ban doesn't apply to all incandescent bulbs. Appliance lights, flood lights, and various other specialty lights are not included. Existing light bulbs can still be used as long as they work.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 511480007/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

Re: RIP Incandescent Light Bulbs

#2 Post by Spock » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:43 pm

If you want your light bulbs, you can keep your light bulbs.

Soon to be:

If you want your gas stove, you can keep your gas stove.

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:49 pm

And then followed by:

If you like your 24-hour electricity supply, you can keep your 24-hour electricity supply.

Weyoun

#4 Post by Weyoun » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:56 pm

It seem that we are doing okay without incandescent lights, but by all means let’s rush to say we are now practically Venezuela because of this.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:10 pm

Weyoun wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:56 pm
It seem that we are doing okay without incandescent lights, but by all means let’s rush to say we are now practically Venezuela because of this.
What'll they get rid of next? Buggy whips? Rotary telephones? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:43 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:10 pm
Weyoun wrote:
Gas ranges. Except Nancy Pelosi's.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:16 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:43 pm
Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
Free speech.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kroxquo

#8 Post by kroxquo » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:54 am

God forbid we do something to make the world more livable for our children and grandchildren. By God, I want lead in my gasoline - my rights should not be infringed by saying I can't have it.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

themanintheseersuckersuit

#9 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:52 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
The White House Kitchen (you know the one that prepares State Dinners) cooks with gas
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:56 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:52 am
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
The White House Kitchen (you know the one that prepares State Dinners) cooks with gas
Any place that has cooks that know how to cook will have gas. The potential ban is just plain stupid.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

themanintheseersuckersuit

#11 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:59 am

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:54 am
God forbid we do something to make the world more livable for our children and grandchildren. By God, I want lead in my gasoline - my rights should not be infringed by saying I can't have it.
How soon we forget that Compact fluorescent lights contained mercury
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Spock

#12 Post by Spock » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:03 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Sanctimonious much? Moral superiority much?

Maybe I don't consider covering millions of acres with solar panels as making the world more livable for our children and grandchildren. To say nothing of the HUGE mining footprint necessary to make all these solar panels and wind towers.

But then you are an affluent urban dweller. What do you care about the land? It is all about the "Feels" for you.

kroxquo

#13 Post by kroxquo » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:09 pm

Spock wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:03 pm
kroxquo wrote:

Maybe I don't consider covering millions of acres with solar panels as making the world more livable for our children and grandchildren. To say nothing of the HUGE mining footprint necessary to make all these solar panels and wind towers.

But then you are an affluent urban dweller. What do you care about the land? It is all about the "Feels" for you.
I will not look at or respond to any of your future posts until I get an apology for the comment you made about my having screwed up as a father. By making that statement, you are implying that there is something wrong with my children and that the fault is mine. There is nothing wrong with my children's gender identity and I am proud of them for their accomplishments and who and what they are. You are below my contempt for implying that I shouldn't be.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:55 pm

Spock wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

So what's your solution?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Weyoun

#15 Post by Weyoun » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:00 pm

kroxquo wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:09 pm
Spock wrote:
kroxquo wrote:

I will not look at or respond to any of your future posts until I get an apology for the comment you made about my having screwed up as a father. By making that statement, you are implying that there is something wrong with my children and that the fault is mine. There is nothing wrong with my children's gender identity and I am proud of them for their accomplishments and who and what they are. You are below my contempt for implying that I shouldn't be.
Prepare to wait. I still haven’t heard the I’m Sorry from Spock hoping that my son would get sick or die from the Covid vaccine.

Anyway, I am not sure solar panels have anything to do with this - was someone mandating that Spock’s farm be made into solar panels????

Weyoun

#16 Post by Weyoun » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:02 pm

If these folks are triggered about gas stoves, wait till they found out the number of externalities that come from all these F-150s

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:30 am

Weyoun wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:02 pm
If these folks are triggered about gas stoves, wait till they found out the number of externalities that come from all these F-150s
You mean like efficient prodcution and deliver of food and other necessary goods?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#18 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:15 am

BackInTex wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:30 am
Weyoun wrote:
You mean like efficient prodcution and deliver of food and other necessary goods?
C'mon, man. F-150s are RACIST.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Weyoun

#19 Post by Weyoun » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:28 am

LOL. BiT probably knows some folks in his hometown who are glad they have their F-150, for that once a year trip to Best Buy for that TV or appliance.

Weyoun

#20 Post by Weyoun » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:37 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:15 am
BackInTex wrote:
Weyoun wrote:
No, just obnoxious and taking up space, like some folks around here

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:06 am

Weyoun wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:37 am
tlynn78 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:15 am
BackInTex wrote:

No, just obnoxious and taking up space, like some folks around here
Yeah, but you're not real regular, so we manage.

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:52 am

Article 97 Section 3.4 of the made-up Constitution of the Left:

Congress shall have the power to decide what products can be manufactured, where they can be manufactured and by whom they can be manufactured. Any person or entity disagreeing with any decision shall be subject to the penalties prescribed for naughty persons in Article 96.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton