Transcript 02/04/08 Adam Bergh & Marla Simes

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/04/08 Adam Bergh & Marla Simes

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 pm

Wedding Week

Adam Bergh Marla Simes
Chicago, IL

Marla and Adam first met at a restaurant/bar. Marla needed a date to a company function, so she and a friend went out on the prowl looking for a suitable candidate.

$100 The reality TV show “I Propose” depicts men as they prepare to ask women what?
A. What’s for dinner?
B. Why is the sky blue?
C. Will you marry me?
D. Who let the dogs out?

$200 Collecting ocean water in a tray and allowing it to evaporate yields an unrefined version of what table seasoning?
A. Parsley
B. Salt
C. Oregano
D. Basil

$300 Be definition, which of these social gatherings always takes place during the middle of the day?
A. Slumber party
B. Masquerade
C. Bachelor party
D. Luncheon

$500 “Naturist” is another word for a what?
A. Pharmacist
B. Fortune teller
C. Nudist
D. Senior citizen

$1K A traditional cut of diamond shares its name with which of these baked goods?
A. Croissant
B. Baguette
C. Brioche
D. Danish

$2K In 2001, Gillette introduced a popular line of women’s razors named after what mythological figure?
A. Venus
B. Athena
C. Hera
D. Diana

$4K Originating in the South, “crunk” is a loud, rowdy style of what music?
A. Jazz
B. Hip-hop
C. Country-western
D. Heavy metal

$8K To test a patient’s patellar reflex, a doctor typically makes the knee “jerk” by tapping what type of tissue/
A. Muscle
B. Cartilage
C. Ligament
D. Tendon

ATA
9% A. Muscle
5% B. Cartilage
36% C. Ligament
50% D. Tendon

commercial break

Marla and Adam explain that they would like to have a Caribbean destination wedding, but a lot of their friends and family can’t afford the trip. Their plan B, if they don’t win enough today to buy tickets for their guest, is to have the wedding on the shores of Lake Michigan, in Chicago.

Meredith says that Brides.com knew about their dilemma, and is giving them four round-trip airline tickets to the destination of their choice.

$16K Meaning “round thing” in its native language, “yuan” is the name of what country’s main unit of currency?
A. China
B. India
C. South Korea
D. Vietnam

Adam thinks it’s South Korea or Vietnam.

PAF – Adam’s uncle Rob

Rob says China. He’s about 80%-90% sure.

$25K Julia Roberts met her husband, cameraman Daniel Moder, on the set of what film?
A. Notting Hill
B. America’s Sweethearts
C. The Mexican
D. Runaway Bride

Marla believes it is “The Mexican.” The then goes into when the movies came out and when Julia was married.

Adam talks Marla into using the 50/50 because he doesn’t feel good about it.

50/50 leaves B. America’s Sweethearts and C. The Mexican.[/I]

commercial break

$50K Earl Gray tea gets its distinctive flavor from the oil of what citrus fruit?
A. Kumquat
B. Meyer lemon
C. Kaffir lime
D. Bergamot

STQ

$50K “Eponychium” is the scientific name for a what?
A. Nose hair
B. Eardrum
C. Cleft chin
D. Nail cuticle

Adam’s gut says cleft chin. Marla believes it’s eardrum.
Adam says he will go with Marla since she is the reason they are on the show at all.
Adam and Marla leave with $25K.

commercial break

Flyaway to Fiji Giveaway

Enter at: Brides.com/Millionaire

Answers:
$100 C. Will you marry me?
$200 B. Salt
$300 D. Luncheon
$500 C. Nudist
$1K B. Baguette
$2K A. Venus
$4K B. Hip-hop
$8K D. Tendon
$16K A. China
$25K C. The Mexican
$50K D. Bergamot
$50K D. Nail cuticle
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 02/04/08 Adam Bergh & Marla Simes

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:05 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $16K Meaning “round thing” in its native language, “yuan” is the name ofr what country’s main unit of currency?
A. China
B. India
C. South Korea
D. Vietnam

PAF – Adam’s uncle Rob

Good for Uncle Rob!
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25K Julia Roberts met her husband, cameraman Daniel Moder, on the set of what film?
A. Notting Hill
B. America’s Sweethearts
C. The Mexican
D. Runaway Bride

Marla believes it is “The Mexican.” The then goes into when the movies came out and when Julia was married.

And we have the first example of the week--but surely not the last--of the teammate who doesn't know not trusting the one who does and talks them into burning a lifeline. :roll:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $50K Earl Gray tea gets its distinctive flavor from the oil of what citrus fruit?
A. Kumquat
B. Meyer lemon
C. Kaffir lime
D. Bergamot
IIRC, this question has been asked before, in one form or another.

Appa23

#3 Post by Appa23 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:15 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Wedding Week

Adam Bergh Marla Simes
Chicago, IL

$16K Meaning “round thing” in its native language, “yuan” is the name ofr what country’s main unit of currency?
A. China
B. India
C. South Korea
D. Vietnam

PAF – Adam’s uncle Rob

I'm curious if they spelled yuan for their PAF.

IIRC, you pronounced the Chinese yuan the same as the South Korean won.

pcmaxey

#4 Post by pcmaxey » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:42 am

Appa23 wrote: I'm curious if they spelled yuan for their PAF.

IIRC, you pronounced the Chinese yuan the same as the South Korean won.
Adam did spell yuan.

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:48 am

$8K: I'm also stuck between ligament and tendon. This is really not the best quesion to ATA on, but I'd do it anyway.

$25K: "Notting Hill" went too far back to be the right answer. PAF.

$50K: Before the choices came up, I yelled out bergamot. This was a $500,000 question many years ago.

$50K #2: Haven't we also had a question before that involved the Greek root "onych", which means nail?

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:59 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Wedding Week
Oh, joy. :roll:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Adam Bergh Marla Simes
Chicago, IL

Marla and Adam first met at a restaurant/bar. Marla needed a date to a company function, so she and a friend went out on the prowl looking for a suitable candidate.
Adam said he thought Marla was someone that the bar paid to fraternize with the male patrons to keep them drinking.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K Originating in the South, “crunk” is a loud, rowdy style of what music?
A. Jazz
B. Hip-hop
C. Country-western
D. Heavy metal
The only reason I know this is because elwing watches "So You Think You Can Dance?" and they have had some crunk music and some "crunkers" (a particular dance style, apparently).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K To test a patient’s patellar reflex, a doctor typically makes the knee “jerk” by tapping what type of tissue/
A. Muscle
B. Cartilage
C. Ligament
D. Tendon

ATA
9% A. Muscle
5% B. Cartilage
36% C. Ligament
50% D. Tendon
Adam mentioned the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and I was afraid he was going to convince Marla to go with that answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Marla and Adam explain that they would like to have a Caribbean destination wedding, but a lot of their friends and family can’t afford the trip. Their plan B, if they don’t win enough today to buy tickets for their guest, is to have the wedding on the shores of Lake Michigan, in Chicago.

Meredith says that Brides.com knew about their dilemma, and is giving them four round-trip airline tickets to the destination of their choice.
Well that's a nice prize.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K Julia Roberts met her husband, cameraman Daniel Moder, on the set of what film?
A. Notting Hill
B. America’s Sweethearts
C. The Mexican
D. Runaway Bride

I would have had no idea, so it's time to break out a lifeline. This seems like something a NYC audience might know, so let's ask them.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K Earl Gray tea gets its distinctive flavor from the oil of what citrus fruit?
A. Kumquat
B. Meyer lemon
C. Kaffir lime
D. Bergamot
Is it my imagination or did the questions suddenly take a jump in the level of difficulty at $25K? All I know about Earl Gray tea is that Jean-Luc Picard likes it hot. 50/50 won't help so it's time to PAF.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K “Eponychium” is the scientific name for a what?
A. Nose hair
B. Eardrum
C. Cleft chin
D. Nail cuticle

Adam’s gut says cleft chin. Marla believes it’s eardrum.
Adam says he will go with Marla since she is the reason they are on the show at all.
Adam and Marla leave with $25K.
There was an interesting exchange between the two - Adam thought it was "cleft chin" - that's what his gut told him. Marla's gut, however, had a different opinion. He gave in rather quickly, demonstrating that she's the dominant member of this couple. Of course in the end it didn't matter since both were wrong.

As for me, had this been the question, I'd have had to go with a lifeline. There doesn't seem to be anything in the word that provides a hint - I kept seeing the word "eponym", but that has no relation (that I can see) to the meaning of this word. So STQ.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ne1410s

#7 Post by ne1410s » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:00 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$50K Earl Gray tea gets its distinctive flavor from the oil of what citrus fruit?
A. Kumquat
B. Meyer lemon
C. Kaffir lime
D. Bergamot

I agree. I can see the guy's face who was in the hot seat but can't get any farther.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:10 pm

ne1410s wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
A. Kumquat
B. Meyer lemon
C. Kaffir lime
D. Bergamot

I agree. I can see the guy's face who was in the hot seat but can't get any farther.
I remember it as a PTBAM question, in reverse ("Oil of Bergamot is in which of the following?" or something like that). IIRC, it was the player's last question, too. I could be wrong on both counts. Wouldn't be the first time.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.