I have a new job

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

I have a new job

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:12 pm

I'll be working on a very long-term contract with J.B. Hunt in Lowell, Arkansas (yes, I know which BB lives there).

I'll be there for about six weeks starting Aug. 1st but then working from home three out of four weeks. They'll pay for my hotel and all expenses while I'm in Arkansas and would even fly me back home every weekend but that's too much travel so I'll fly just every three weeks during the first period.

They pay's good and I'll be putting in a fair amount of overtime. They plan to replace the mainframe but that's won't be for seven years or so.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

Re: I have a new job

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I'll be working on a very long-term contract with J.B. Hunt in Lowell, Arkansas (yes, I know which BB lives there).
So should we warn the neighbors? The sheriff's office, maybe? :P

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:19 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I'll be working on a very long-term contract with J.B. Hunt in Lowell, Arkansas (yes, I know which BB lives there).
So should we warn the neighbors? The sheriff's office, maybe? :P
Exactly what do you think
Spoiler
Âmazonium
and I will be doing that you need to warn the neighbors about?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

mellytu74

#4 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Good luck with everything.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 am

mellytu74 wrote:Good luck with everything.
Thank you, luck always helps.

lilclyde54

#6 Post by lilclyde54 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:45 am

Enjoy your stay in Razorback land. If you feel like gambling, Tunica is across the river.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:26 am

lilclyde54 wrote:Enjoy your stay in Razorback land. If you feel like gambling, Tunica is across the river.
That's a few hours way. I'll be in Meccaland, the far NW corner. However, I'll be driving though Memphis and Holly Springs when I travel to home and back so could detour.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 pm

lilclyde54 wrote:Enjoy your stay in Razorback land. If you feel like gambling, Tunica is across the river.
Are you anyplace near I-22? This trip will be my first time on it - sort of. I've been on 85% of the road several times but that was before they finished the Memphis and Birmingham ends and gave it Interstate status,

silverscreenselect

#9 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:46 am

Bob Juch wrote:
That's a few hours way. I'll be in Meccaland, the far NW corner. However, I'll be driving though Memphis and Holly Springs when I travel to home and back so could detour.
Maybe in your spare time, you and Flock could get together and keep an eye out to make sure no illegal immigrants try to get jobs at his chicken factory.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com