Transcript 02/07/08 - Christian Higgins & Kim Mitchell

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/07/08 - Christian Higgins & Kim Mitchell

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Wedding Week

Christian Higgins & Kim Mitchell
Tampa, FL

$100
A well-known ditty associated with weddings declares, "Here comes the bride, all dressed in" what?

A: Brown B: White
C: Purple D: Versace

$200
According to the IRS, millions of Americans used the internet in 2007 to do what?

A: Get a driver's license B: Buy concert tickets
C: File income taxes D: Adopt a pet

$300
"Handheld collapsible canopy" is a very brief definition of which of these words?

A: Coatrack B: Umbrella
C: Suitcase D: Chandelier

$500
Introduced by Elizabeth Taylor in 1991, White Diamonds is a popular line of what?

A: Pantyhose B: Lingerie
C: Mascara D: Perfume

$1,000
What classic boardgame's mustachioed mascot was originally named Rich Uncle Pennybags?

A: Operation B: Scrabble
C: Monopoly D: Life

-- Commercial Break --

$2,000
What U.S. state's name is mentioned in the classic song "I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo"?

A: Michigan B: Alabama
C: Maine D: Nevada

Christian: I'm pretty sure that Kalamazoo is in Michigan and the only reason I remember that is because of the video game where you have the monsters and you punch all the buildings down. And there were all these midwest cities I've never heard of. I grew up in the south, so--

Kim: You want to base our answer on a videogame?

Christian: I've learned plenty of things from video games! I will say Michigan, final answer.

Kim: Final answer.

Meredith: You can learn from videogames. You got it!

Christian and Kim will return on tomorrow's show.

Answers:
$100: B: White
$200: C: File income taxes
$300: B: Umbrella
$500: D: Perfume
$1,000: C: Monopoly
$2,000: A: Michigan

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 02/07/08 - Christian Higgins & Kim Mitche

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:34 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $2,000
What U.S. state's name is mentioned in the classic song "I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo"?

Christian: I'm pretty sure that Kalamazoo is in Michigan and the only reason I remember that is because of the video game where you have the monsters and you punch all the buildings down. And there were all these midwest cities I've never heard of. I grew up in the south, so--

Christian: I've learned plenty of things from video games! I will say Michigan, final answer.

Now that was a shout-out, Kazoo! :D

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:58 am

Nihil obstat® so far

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:05 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Wedding Week

Christian Higgins & Kim Mitchell
Tampa, FL
At least they're not from the WE® area.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2,000

Good for Christian for sticking to his guns. My sons had a version of the game for the Nintendo console system (N64, I think). The characters are a gorilla, a lizard and a werewolf that go through various cities punching at buildings to bring them down, grabbing things and eating them for points, etc.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:54 am

earendel wrote:Good for Christian for sticking to his guns. My sons had a version of the game for the Nintendo console system (N64, I think). The characters are a gorilla, a lizard and a werewolf that go through various cities punching at buildings to bring them down, grabbing things and eating them for points, etc.
Do you remember the name of this game? I vaguely recall something called "The Creature that Ate Sheboygan." Maybe that's a book and not a game at all.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:59 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Do you remember the name of this game? I vaguely recall something called "The Creature that Ate Sheboygan." Maybe that's a book and not a game at all.
Answering myself: That was an SPI board game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Creatu ... _Sheboygan

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:Good for Christian for sticking to his guns. My sons had a version of the game for the Nintendo console system (N64, I think). The characters are a gorilla, a lizard and a werewolf that go through various cities punching at buildings to bring them down, grabbing things and eating them for points, etc.
Do you remember the name of this game? I vaguely recall something called "The Creature that Ate Sheboygan." Maybe that's a book and not a game at all.
"The Creature that Ate Sheboygan" was a board game from SPI - I know because I owned it at one time. I've been racking my brain trying to remember the name of the video game, but haven't had any success yet.

**Added** Found it! It was called "Rampage" and evidently there's a Wii version available.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Kazoo65

#8 Post by Kazoo65 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:24 pm

When the $2K question came up, I started laughing. I figured they'd need to burn a lifeline, because they're both from the South and maybe didn't know where Kalamazoo is!

Than he started talking about that video game. I laughed even harder trying to imagine a gorilla, werewolf, and lizard destroying the whole town-hmm, I wonder if the city fathers know about this? Heck, the tornado did plenty of that back in 1980!!
I'm just a game show nerd.

ghostjmf

#9 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 pm

so far so good