Transcript 02/11/08 Troy Mihalek & Bethany Crum

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/11/08 Troy Mihalek & Bethany Crum

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Troy Mihalek & Bethany Crum
Phoenix, AZ

Carryover from Wedding Week

Troy and Bethany have all of their lifelines.

$8K The country name “Argentina” derives from the Latin word for what chemical element?
A. Silver
B. Platinum
C. Gold
D. Copper

ATA
77% A. Silver
5% B. Platinum
7% C. Gold
11% D. Copper

$16K In the 1991 remake of “Father of the Bride,” Steve Martin assumes the role originally played by what actor?
A. Jimmy Stewart
B. Montgomery Clift
C. Bing Crosby
D. Spencer Tracy

Bethany says she watched the original with her mother and that she wants to say Jimmy Stewart or Spencer Tracy.
Troy says Jimmy Stewart was his first inkling.
Bethany then says, “Bing Crosby was a singer wasn’t he?”
Meredith then comments that it pains her when they don’t know who these people are. It makes her feel old, like she has died.
Bethany says she never really heard of Montgomery Clift.

PAF – Karen, Bethany’s mother

Karen says, “Spencer Tracy for sure.” as soon as Bethany finishes giving the choices.

$25K Celebrating its 175th anniversary in 2007, the Original Sacher-Torte is a world-famous cake first created in what European city?
A. Vienna
B. Rome
C. Berlin
D. Prague

50/50 leaves A. Vienna and B. Rome.

Bethany doesn’t think sacher sounds Italian.

commercial break

$50K The familiar expressions “ships that pass in the night” and “the patter of little feet” were both popularized in poems by whom?
A. Robert Frost
B. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
C. Carl Sandburg
D. Dylan Thomas

STQ

$50K What creatures are typically featured in a museum’s Hymenoptera collection?
A. Spiders
B. Turtles
C. Bees
D. Jellyfish

After a little discussion/reasoning between Troy and Bethany, (I would of included some of the discussion, but I didn’t want to) they decide to make jellyfish their final answer.
They leave with $25K.

commercial break

Answers:
$8K A. Silver
$16K D. Spencer Tracy
$25K A. Vienna
$50K B. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
$50K C. Bees
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheConfessor

Re: Transcript 02/11/08 Troy Mihalek & Bethany Crum

#2 Post by TheConfessor » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $50K What creatures are typically featured in a museum’s Hymenoptera collection?
Typically? I'd guess that museums typically don't have a hymenoptera collection. Any that do would be atypical.

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:56 pm

TheConfessor wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $50K What creatures are typically featured in a museum’s Hymenoptera collection?
Typically? I'd guess that museums typically don't have a hymenoptera collection. Any that do would be atypical.
I have seen a fair number of displays on bees in various Natural History Museums over the years to include the Smithsonian. I suppose they could have said Natural History Museums as it would be odd in other types of museums but if not typical then certainly not atypical in those.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:38 am

$16K: Don't know... but this is a perfect question for the audience.

$25K: Either Vienna or Berlin. PAF.

$50K: I'm out. Before the choices ever came up, I thought it was Sandburg.

$50K #2: Too bad I got knocked out. I would've gotten this question right. The root "pter" means "wings" and a bee was the only choice of the four that has wings.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:25 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: [$8K The country name “Argentina” derives from the Latin word for what chemical element?
A. Silver
B. Platinum
C. Gold
D. Copper

ATA
77% A. Silver
5% B. Platinum
7% C. Gold
11% D. Copper
Troy seemed pretty sure of this answer, but he let Bethany talk him into using the ATA. That would have come in handy on the Father of the Bride question.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:28 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:$50K #2: Too bad I got knocked out. I would've gotten this question right. The root "pter" means "wings" and a bee was the only choice of the four that has wings.
D'oh!

I was thinking of lepidoptera being butterflies, but I wasn't pursuing that thought to identify the root. Getting around to thinking of pterodactyls would have helped.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:09 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Troy Mihalek & Bethany Crum
Phoenix, AZ

Carryover from Wedding Week

Troy and Bethany have all of their lifelines.
This is a surprise - I don't recall them doing this before. And what about the other two couples?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K The country name “Argentina” derives from the Latin word for what chemical element?
A. Silver
B. Platinum
C. Gold
D. Copper

ATA
77% A. Silver
5% B. Platinum
7% C. Gold
11% D. Copper
I thought they might go for this one - they seemed to be on the right track in figuring it out.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K In the 1991 remake of “Father of the Bride,” Steve Martin assumes the role originally played by what actor?
A. Jimmy Stewart
B. Montgomery Clift
C. Bing Crosby
D. Spencer Tracy

Bethany says she watched the original with her mother and that she wants to say Jimmy Stewart or Spencer Tracy.
Troy says Jimmy Stewart was his first inkling. Bethany then says, “Bing Crosby was a singer wasn’t he?” Meredith then comments that it pains her when they don’t know who these people are. It makes her feel old, like she has died. Bethany says she never really heard of Montgomery Clift.

PAF – Karen, Bethany’s mother

Karen says, “Spencer Tracy for sure.” as soon as Bethany finishes giving the choices.
ATA for me and hope they come through.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K The familiar expressions “ships that pass in the night” and “the patter of little feet” were both popularized in poems by whom?
A. Robert Frost
B. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
C. Carl Sandburg
D. Dylan Thomas

STQ
I'd probably PAF this one.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K What creatures are typically featured in a museum’s Hymenoptera collection?
A. Spiders
B. Turtles
C. Bees
D. Jellyfish

After a little discussion/reasoning between Troy and Bethany, (I would of included some of the discussion, but I didn’t want to) they decide to make jellyfish their final answer.
They leave with $25K.
I wouldn't have seen this one, but I know it's not A or B. I associate bees with "apia". "Hymen" imiplies membrane to me, so D is a possible answer. Might as well try the 50/50 and see what remains, then STQ if that doesn't work.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:16 am

earendel wrote:And what about the other two couples?
Meredith mentioned at the end of Friday's show that they were getting the special gifts selected by Brides.com, but they're not getting a turn in the Hot Seats, unless TPTB invites one of them back as an individual contestant. Although I don't like that idea, it's conceivable, if the APs really liked those couples.

bazodee

#9 Post by bazodee » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 am

Did anybody else notice that the audience was really, really sparse for their wrap-up? There were only three rows filled.

Obviously this segment was taped at a completely different time than the rest of the show. MV had to wear the same dress for continuity purposes and give the impression that they were breaking down the set over the commercial break.

TPTB paid attention to some of these continuity issues, but they neglected one big one; the question mix. In a continuously taped show, they never would have had two "Father of the Bride" questions in the same show.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:31 am

bazodee wrote:Did anybody else notice that the audience was really, really sparse for their wrap-up? There were only three rows filled.

Obviously this segment was taped at a completely different time than the rest of the show. MV had to wear the same dress for continuity purposes and give the impression that they were breaking down the set over the commercial break.

TPTB paid attention to some of these continuity issues, but they neglected one big one; the question mix. In a continuously taped show, they never would have had two "Father of the Bride" questions in the same show.
I did notice the empty bleachers and I think you're right about that. If Troy and Bethany really had to fly back for their wedding in two days, TPTB might have taken pity on them and filmed an extra half episode at the end of that day, instead of making them return on the next taping day (which might have been the next day or next week). I suspect a good portion of the audience didn't want to stay any longer and emptied out before they were done.

Normally, they do wrap up theme weeks with contestants finishing up a run, but the timing of this one probaby didn't allow them to squeeze in their last five questions into Friday's episode (or leave out their run completely).