Another top NCAA team, #2 S. Florida, falls to an unranked

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Another top NCAA team, #2 S. Florida, falls to an unranked

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:10 pm

A strange strange year.

No one wants to be in the BCS.

#2 S. Florida 27, unranked Rutgers 30

Bet the goal posts were torn down at Rutgers.

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#2 Post by AnnieCamaro » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:23 pm

It's all part of a nefarious plot by those sneaky Sooners, who want to climb back up to a better bowl game.
Sou iu koto de.

earendel

Re: Another top NCAA team, #2 S. Florida, falls to an unrank

#3 Post by earendel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:15 am

BackInTex wrote:A strange strange year.

No one wants to be in the BCS.

#2 S. Florida 27, unranked Rutgers 30

Bet the goal posts were torn down at Rutgers.
A lot of people here in the Bluegrass State are happy to see that outcome because it means the season isn't a total loss even with the Cardinals sitting at 3 losses. Only one of those is a conference loss and if they can run the table they'll be in a BCS bowl. It's unlikely, however, considering that they still have to play South Florida, West Virginia and Rutgers, as well as get past a Connecticut team that only suffered its first loss last Saturday.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:22 am

I'm just glad it was a Thursday night game and therefore not in the ESPN College Pickem this week, which is brutal enough as it is. I can't wait for the weekend to be over.

I'm having the LSU/Auburn game watching party at my house and kickoff isn't until 8PM. Good grief, it could be a very long night with lots of dishes to do on Sunday morning.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#5 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:07 pm

With the Gamecocks at #6, no one should be surprised at frost on the Devil's beard.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

lilclyde54

#6 Post by lilclyde54 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:47 pm

Do you mean the one on the sidelines or the one down in the hot-place? Sorry, just had to make a joke. I spent a lot of time with a bunch of Gator fans recently and it must have rubbed off.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:00 pm

lilclyde54 wrote:Do you mean the one on the sidelines or the one down in the hot-place? Sorry, just had to make a joke. I spent a lot of time with a bunch of Gator fans recently and it must have rubbed off.
He's our SOB now! St. Steve
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:54 pm

And to think I was calling you delusional earlier in the season. :twisted:

#9 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:02 pm

kayrharris wrote:And to think I was calling you delusional earlier in the season. :twisted:
You'll probably turn out to be right, but delusion can be fun!
Suitguy is not bitter.

#10 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:30 pm

The anti-psychotic meds kicked in and I'm not hearing those crazy voices any more

Vanderbilt 17 S. Carolina 6
Suitguy is not bitter.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#11 Post by kayrharris » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Sorry TMITSSS .....the teams in the SEC this season have been quite unpredictable.

I don't know what to expect from week to week. Who would have thought Alabama would manhandle Tennessee like they did today?

It's enough to make all of us hear crazy voices. :roll:

takinover

#12 Post by takinover » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:00 pm

kayrharris wrote:I'm just glad it was a Thursday night game and therefore not in the ESPN College Pickem this week, which is brutal enough as it is. I can't wait for the weekend to be over.
What was so brutal 8)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:10 pm

I don't want to add anything to this thread, I just wanted to show off my new avatar to fishie.....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#14 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:16 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:I don't want to add anything to this thread, I just wanted to show off my new avatar to fishie.....
It's about time this place had a picture of a good-looking leprechaun!

takinover

#15 Post by takinover » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm

kayrharris wrote:... not in the ESPN College Pickem this week, which is brutal enough as it is. I can't wait for the weekend to be over.
Wait till you see this week, this week is brutal.