Transcript 12/09/11 - Eileen Palazzola

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/09/11 - Eileen Palazzola

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 am

Eileen Palazzola
Staten Island, NY
Telecommunications technician

Eileen is the first winner of the very first Club Millionaire contest, which gave her the opportunity to be a contestant on the show. It all happened quickly, they just called her "about Wednesday or Thursday," after she just entered the contest about two days before. Now that she's here, it's both bigger and smaller than she expected. The studio is smaller, but it's "grander." It's like being at the North Pole and Meredith is Santa.

Topic Tree (Unrandomized)
10: Not Jane Austen
9: Comedy Creature
8: The Old West
7: Number Nightmare
6: Lock and Lode
5: Back in the Saddle
4: General Camping
3: Cool Career
2: Strong Likeness
1: Liquid Television

Topic Tree (Randomized)
1: Liquid Television
10: Not Jane Austen
5: Back in the Saddle
2: Strong Likeness
9: Comedy Creature
3: Cool Career
6: Lock and Lode
7: Number Nightmare
4: General Camping
8: The Old West

Question #1 - Level 8: The Old West
As described in his song "Spaceship," Kanye West had a job working where as a teenager?

A: K-Mart B: Gap
C: 7-Eleven D: McDonald's

Eileen asks the audience.
ATA
A: 9% B: 21% C: 17% D: 53%
Eileen goes with the audience.
Answer
B: Gap
Eileen leaves with "total winnings" of $1,000.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Transcript 12/09/11 - Eileen Palazzola

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 am

This question would have sent me home, unless I remembered that I could have jumped the question instead of relying on the audience or making a 1-in-4 wild, wild guess.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Kanye West
Merry Man

#3 Post by Kanye West » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:20 am

Guess I dinnit let her finish....

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:15 am

Kanye West wrote:Guess I dinnit let her finish....
This wins the prize for post of the day! :lol:

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 am

silvercamaro wrote:This question would have sent me home, unless I remembered that I could have jumped the question instead of relying on the audience or making a 1-in-4 wild, wild guess.
Yeah, another WWOQ served as the first question, thanks to TPTB's "random is more fun" rule. :roll: :evil: This would have seemed like a decent ATA question and there wasn't a significant second place spike in the results, so the only thing that would have saved me would be deciding that it was too obscure a question for the audience to really know. Rotten luck for Eileen, even if she was only a last minute entrant into the sweepstakes.

And I'm going to rant about the ridiculous names the question writers give to the topic categories. There's no way someone can use them for strategizing (particularly for contestants who don't see the unrandomized question levels) so the only point to having them is for their joke value, seeing how creative they can be with them. This question had nothing to do with "The Old West." At best, it's about The Young West. :roll:

vettech

#6 Post by vettech » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 am

I guess in retrospect one could reason that Kmart and Gap are easier to rhyme, thus eliminating 7-11 and McDonald's.

Having said that, I probably would've gone with the audience, too.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:16 pm

vettech wrote:I guess in retrospect one could reason that Kmart and Gap are easier to rhyme, thus eliminating 7-11 and McDonald's.

Having said that, I probably would've gone with the audience, too.
Count me as another down in flames with the audience. That makes me very glad I wasn't "lucky" enough to be the first Club Millionaire contestant.

I just checked the lyrics. He used "Gap" at the end of a line, but he didn't attempt to rhyme with it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

chad1m

#8 Post by chad1m » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:49 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:This would have seemed like a decent ATA question
I don't know - I don't think this is a common bit of trivia about Kanye. I'm a decently big fan of pop music and I wasn't sure about this question. My lifeline of choice would have been a jump since I figured, as a pop fan, if I don't know it I don't think many of them will know it either.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014Z7QO26/ref ... 6vb11BJ6JV
Get on a Game Show!, my e-book guide now available on Amazon!

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:05 pm

chad1m wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:This would have seemed like a decent ATA question
I don't know - I don't think this is a common bit of trivia about Kanye. I'm a decently big fan of pop music and I wasn't sure about this question. My lifeline of choice would have been a jump since I figured, as a pop fan, if I don't know it I don't think many of them will know it either.
Well, I'm a terrible judge of pop music and what others might or might not find familiar about it. Was it something with just one obscure reference in the lyrics, as Bob has mentioned, or was it something hugely obvious that everyone would know? I certainly wouldn't know.

Why did McDonald's get 53% of the vote? Does Kanye have some other connection with the chain?