Transcript 12/13/2011 Brooke Sheehan

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 12/13/2011 Brooke Sheehan

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Brooke Sheehan
Cedar City, UT

Mere opens by describing Brooke as a "sweet mom" with four kids with a passion for Ultimate Fighting.
Mere asked if Brook would actually go in a cage but she preferred watching it at home.

Topic Tree (pre-randomized):
10 Long Haul
9 The First Page
8 Good and Evil
7 Foreign Kitchen
6 Fun and Fundamental
5 Bonus Features
4 Wheel of Fortune
3 Financial Statement
2 Musical Voice
1 Bold Beginning

Topic Tree: (Randomized)
9 The First Page
5 Bonus Features
8 Good and Evil
3 Financial Statement
10 Long Haul
2 Musical Voice
6 Fun and Fundamental
1 Bold Beginning
7 Foreign Kitchen
4 Wheel of Fortune

Question 1 - Level 4 Wheel of Fortune
In a 2011 obituary, Variety acknowledged "Wheel of Fortune" set designer Ed Flesh's idea of a "spinning wheel that spins" how?
A. Diagonally B. Upside-down
C. Horizontally D. Backwards

Brooke said "Circle's not up there Meredith" ... goes through choices... calls for ATA
ATA
A-9% B-8% C-54% D-29%
JTQ 1
Brooke said she hates to use two lifelines on the first question, but hates to go out on the first question too. She indicated the 54% is not a good amount, is it?
Mere said the next item is 29%, she said you always want it would it bigger, but we can't guarantee this
Answer and value
C. Horizontally
Value: $100 jumped
Bank: $0

Question 2 - Level 7 Foreign Kitchen
Often seen in kitchens in Morocco, a couscousiere is a type of what?
A. Knife B. Blender
C. Pot D. Grater
JTQ 2
"absolutely no idea"
Answer and value
C. Pot
Value: $1000 jumped
Bank: 0
Question 3 - Level 1 Bold Beginning
A difficult beginning in a new situation is commonly referred to as a "baptism by" what?
A. Rain B. Iron
C. Fire D. Lightning

Brooke answered right away
Answer and value
C. Fire
Value: $7000
Bank: $7000
Question 4 - Level 6 Fun and Fundamental
Science teachers often have students push pieces of candy bars together, with one sliding over the other, to illustrate what concept?
A. Plate tectonics B. The Big Bang
C. Natural selection D. The greenhouse effect
Spoiler
Brooke said she did not have a science teacher who did ths but if one were to rub two candy bars together ... says she does not know for sure but came to play so she would guess
Answer and value
A. Plate tectonics
Value: $15,000
Bank: $22,000
Question 5 - Level 2 Musical Voice
According to a recent study, what could be called the "pop music accent" because even international performers use it when they sing?
A. American accent B. Australian accent
C. British accent D. French accent
Spoiler
Brooke said she has an idea that it is American accent but is not certain.
Mere asked if Brooke is a risk taker
Brooke agreed that she is and that she has nothing to lose.
Mere said Brooke has something to lose and Brooke said it is just money
Answer and value
A. American accent
Value: $25,000!
Bank: $47,000
Commercial break

Question 6 - Level 10 Long Haul
Extending over 3,700 miles, the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail passes through all but which of these states?
A. Iowa B. Oregon
C. Missouri D. Wyoming
Spoiler
Brooke said she is not certain...
Mere reminded her that she could walk with $23,500
Brooke thanked Mere and said she was thinking of guessing but will walk. She could only eliminate Oregon.
Answer and value
D. Wyoming
Value: not shown
Bank: Walk: $23500

Brooke walked with $23,500.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Transcript 12/13/2011 Brooke Sheehan

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 pm

In a 2011 obituary, Variety acknowledged "Wheel of Fortune" set designer Ed Flesh's idea of a "spinning wheel that spins" how?

Brooke said "Circle's not up there Meredith" ... goes through choices... calls for ATA
ATA
A-9% B-8% C-54% D-29%
JTQ 1
Brooke said she hates to use two lifelines on the first question, but hates to go out on the first question too. She indicated the 54% is not a good amount, is it?
Mere said the next item is 29%, she said you always want it would it bigger, but we can't guarantee this
Answer and value
C. Horizontally
Ack! Only 54% of these folkses have watched Wheel?
Question 2 - Level 7 Foreign Kitchen
Often seen in kitchens in Morocco, a couscousiere is a type of what?
A. Knife B. Blender
C. Pot D. Grater
JTQ 2
"absolutely no idea"
Answer and value
C. Pot
Value: $1000 jumped
Bank: 0
I've prepared couscous, and pot is the only one of these it could be. But if I hadn't I would have jumped too.
Question 5 - Level 2 Musical Voice
According to a recent study, what could be called the "pop music accent" because even international performers use it when they sing?
A. American accent B. Australian accent
C. British accent D. French accent
Spoiler
Brooke said she has an idea that it is American accent but is not certain.
Mere asked if Brooke is a risk taker
Brooke agreed that she is and that she has nothing to lose.
Mere said Brooke has something to lose and Brooke said it is just money
Answer and value
A. American accent
Value: $25,000!
Bank: $47,000
Yep, even ABBA sounded American.
Question 6 - Level 10 Long Haul
Extending over 3,700 miles, the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail passes through all but which of these states?
A. Iowa B. Oregon
C. Missouri D. Wyoming
Spoiler
Brooke thanked Mere and said she was thinking of guessing but will walk. She could only eliminate Oregon.
Answer and value
D. Wyoming
I have all my lifelines, but I sure wouldn't have used ATA on this one. JTQ and onward.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Question 6 - Level 10 Long Haul
A. Iowa B. Oregon
C. Missouri D. Wyoming
Spoiler
Answer and value
D. Wyoming
This question would have sent me home hungry and angry. Back in his Wyoming mountain man days, Adventure Boy had long blond hair, a beard, broad shoulders and overall fitness (strongly resembling a taller Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall.) AB also was a strong swimmer with kayak and canoe experience. As a result, he had a chance to be an extra, probably one of the boatmen, in an IMAX movie about Louis and Clark, which was filming on the Snake River in northwest Wyoming. Because of this, I would have firmly ruled out the "correct" answer. (I would have leaned toward Iowa, on the theory that the expedition went farther north. . .which it did, after it went into Iowa.) In fact, there is historical evidence that Lewis and Clark explored parts of Wyoming. Nevertheless, the Equality State is not included in the official "Lewis and Clark National Historical Trail," which I must assume was defined by Congress or federal bureaucrats.

Harrumph.

AB turned down the chance to be in the movie, BTW, because that was when he decided to return to college. That's when I knew that my son had been kidnapped by aliens and replaced by a creature of unknown origin. Fortunately, I liked the new guy a lot, too, and he has saved me a lot of worry.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Snaxx

#4 Post by Snaxx » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 am

silvercamaro wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Question 6 - Level 10 Long Haul
A. Iowa B. Oregon
C. Missouri D. Wyoming
Spoiler
Answer and value
D. Wyoming
This question would have sent me home hungry and angry.
I figured they chose the worst possible distractors in Wyoming/Iowa. Only from my visit to the Omaha area did I figure they had to have made Iowa, at least around Council Bluffs, part of the trail.

So I got level 10 after drawing a blank trying to analyze level 2. I suppose it is like a New Englander not recognizing a New England accent.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:52 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:

ATA
A-9% B-8% C-54% D-29%
JTQ 1
Answer and value
C. Horizontally
Ack! Only 54% of these folkses have watched Wheel?
I'm wondering if Brooke's confusion about what the question was asking for "led" the audience into confusion, too. Of course, the wheel spins in a circle, but they were really asking about which way it's mounted on the show, compared to the carnival games of chance.

Having "backwards" as a choice might have further confused the issue. I suppose you could mount a vertical wheel of fortune backwards--meaning that the people playing the game couldn't see the numbers, but that wouldn't make much sense. However, some of that 29% might have thought that backwards referred to the direction it spins, clockwise vs. counterclockwise.