Transcript 02/15/2008 - Noreen Keegan

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/15/2008 - Noreen Keegan

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:47 am

Noreen Keegan
Morganville, NJ
Stay-at-home mom

Noreen was a big '80s rocker, complete with big red, red hair, arms covered with bracelets and a crenoline skirt and corset. She's holding a monkey that's her good luck charm. Her middle son, Liam, was diagnosed with a brain tumor and she gave it to him to distract him. He gave it back to her before she came to the show. Liam's doing very well now.

$100 - Which of the following are common symptoms of the flu?

A - hearing and vision loss
B - fever and chills
C - sweling and broken bones
D - whining and complaining

$200 - Popular with American audiences, TV comedies known as "Britcoms" are typically produced where?

A - United Kingdom
B - India
C - Arctic Circle
D - South America

$300 - In 2007, what animal caused a stir at an Indiana wildlife refuge when it began mimicking insults like "Go away!" and "Shut up!"

A - leopard
B - alligator
C - cockatoo
D - boa constrictor

$500 - A type of fire-resistant material, Nomex is often worn by what sports stars?

A - gymnasts
B - NASCAR drivers
C - trapeze artists
D - figure skaters

$1K - Which of these major world rivers runs through a country that shares its name?

A - Nile
B - Amazon
C - Congo
D - Danube

$2K - A sandwich made from leftover meats and cheeses, the Dagwood is named for a character from what comic strip?

A - Blondie
B - Beetle Bailey
C - Frank & Ernest
D - Hagar the Horrible

$4K - "Law & Order: SVU" actress Mariska Hargitay is the daughter of what silver screen legend?

A - Veronica Lake
B - Rita Hayworth
C - Lana Turner
D - Jayne Mansfield

$8K - In a 1794 letter to his daughter, Benjamin Franklin famously opined that what bird would be a better national symbol than the bald eagle?

A - peacock
B - turkey
C - stork
D - owl

For the first time in the stack Noreen hesitates. Finally she says, "I think I know it" but decides to ask the audience anyway.

ATA results:

A - 15%
B - 75%
C - 1%
D - 9%

Noreen nods her head; evidently that was the one she was considering. She goes with the audience's answer.

$16K - Which of these influential rock bands was not formed in Seattle?

A - Smashing Pumpkins
B - Alice in Chains
C - Pearl Jam
D - Soundgarden

Again Noreen is not certain so she asks for the 50/50, which leaves A and C. She makes A her final answer.

Commercial break

Noreen still performs music occasionally, but her full-time job is a stay-at-home mom.

$25K - On its cover, what publication bills itself as "the good life magazine for men"?

A - GQ
B - Maxim
C - Field & Stream
D - Cigar Aficionado

Noreen thinks it's Maxim but she isn't sure so she asks to call her husband Jeff. She reads the answers, omitting Field & Stream twice. Jeff doesn't come up with an answer in the 30 seconds. She says that it sounds like it might be Cigar Aficionado but she doesn't want to risk it so she walks away with $16K.

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (fever and chills)
$200 - A (United Kingdom)
$300 - C (cockatoo)
$500 - B (NASCAR drivers)
$1K - C (Congo)
$2K - A (Blondie)
$4K - D (Jayne Mansfield)
$8K - B (turkey)
$16K - A (Smashing Pumpkins)
$25K - D (Cigar Aficionado)

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/15/2008 - Noreen Keegan

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:13 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Noreen Keegan
Morganville, NJ
Central NJ, so a borderline WE®.

$16K: I'm out. I thought Pearl Jam was formed in Atlanta.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:17 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
Morganville, NJ
Only about 20 miles from the studio, as the crow flies. Not borderline at all!

This would have been a nightmare stack for me. ATA at $4K, PAF at $16K and then 50/50 and hope for the best at $25K. :oops:

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:39 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
Morganville, NJ
Only about 20 miles from the studio, as the crow flies. Not borderline at all!
OK. I guess New Jersey just looks bigger on the map. :P

tanstaafl2

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:02 am

No clue at 16K but the 50/50 would have helped as I did know that Pearl Jam was from Seattle. A good thing C was an option as it was the only one I was relatively sure of. But I probably would have used the ATA first which I still would have had.

Presuming that got me to the 25K I need a lifeline again but rather than use 50/50 I might have gone straight to PAF.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Noreen Keegan
Morganville, NJ
Stay-at-home mom

Noreen was a big '80s rocker, complete with big red, red hair, arms covered with bracelets and a crenoline skirt and corset. She's holding a monkey that's her good luck charm. Her middle son, Liam, was diagnosed with a brain tumor and she gave it to him to distract him. He gave it back to her before she came to the show. Liam's doing very well now.
So is Morganville in the WE® viewing area? She's already half of a WE - "stay-at-home mom" seems to be a very popular category of contestant.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$300 - In 2007, what animal caused a stir at an Indiana wildlife refuge when it began mimicking insults like "Go away!" and "Shut up!"

A - leopard
B - alligator
C - cockatoo
D - boa constrictor
It might have been the boa, but only those who spoke Parseltongue would understand. :lol:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - A sandwich made from leftover meats and cheeses, the Dagwood is named for a character from what comic strip?

A - Blondie
B - Beetle Bailey
C - Frank & Ernest
D - Hagar the Horrible
I didn't realize it had to be leftovers in order to qualify. I thought it was any stack of meats and cheeses (and assorted other items).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - "Law & Order: SVU" actress Mariska Hargitay is the daughter of what silver screen legend?

A - Veronica Lake
B - Rita Hayworth
C - Lana Turner
D - Jayne Mansfield
No idea, so time to ATA.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - Which of these influential rock bands was not formed in Seattle?

A - Smashing Pumpkins
B - Alice in Chains
C - Pearl Jam
D - Soundgarden

Again Noreen is not certain so she asks for the 50/50, which leaves A and C. She makes A her final answer.
No idea, but pretty sure of two that it isn't, so 50/50 and hope that A and B aren't the two remaining choices.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - On its cover, what publication bills itself as "the good life magazine for men"?

A - GQ
B - Maxim
C - Field & Stream
D - Cigar Aficionado

Noreen thinks it's Maxim but she isn't sure so she asks to call her husband Jeff. She reads the answers, omitting Field & Stream twice. Jeff doesn't come up with an answer in the 30 seconds. She says that it sounds like it might be Cigar Aficionado but she doesn't want to risk it so she walks away with $16K.
And here goes the last lifeline - PAF because I have no idea. It's a pretty easy Google, as it turns out.

Pretty tough stack all in all. I note that there wasn't a lot of banter between Noreen and Meredith, either.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."