Transcript 02/15/2008 - John Yandrasits

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/15/2008 - John Yandrasits

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:49 am

John Yandrasits
Merrick, NY

$100 - What iconic figure is traditionally depicted wearing snazzy red, white and blue clothing?

A - Tarzan
B - Uncle Sam
C - The Grim Reaper
D - Dick Cheney

$200 - In a popular kids' rhyme, what "little" creatures go to market, eat roast beef and say, "Wee, wee, wee" all the way home?

A - piggies
B - mousies
C - horsies
D - kitties

$300 - Which of the following does the U.S. Geological Survey define as "a region with a average annual rainfall of 10 inches or less"?

A - swamp
B - forest
C - desert
D - jungle

$500 - Which of these Jack Nicholson movies is considered one of the top tearjerkers of all time?

A - The Shining
B - Terms of Endearment
C - A Few Good Men
D - The Witches of Eastwick

$1K - 10 Downing Street is the street address of what country's prime minister?

A - India
B - Australia
C - Canada
D - Great Britain

Commercial break

John is a tour manager for several bands, currently a group called "Revelation Theory". Meredith asks if it's hard to have relationships if you're always on the road, and John says, "Not at all. The audience and Meredith laugh and John says, "I didn't mean it like that." Meredith notes that John's parents, Helen and John, are behind him and his mother gave him a look when he made the comment. Meredith says to them, "Sounds like John has a good time on the road." John's dad says that he hears more than his mom does.

$2K - Debuting in 2007, the sitcom "Back to You" stars TV veterans Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton as what?

A - school principals
B - veterinarians
C - advertising executives
D - newscasters

John looks at the question then says, "I told myself that I would make the decisions as if I were home when sitting here." He says, "I would pause and then say - 'D, newscasters, final answer.'"

$4K - In a classic prank phone call, a store owner is asked if he has what "in a can"?

A - Prince Albert
B - Aunt Jemima
C - Mama Celeste
D - Little Debbie

John has made a lot of prank phone calls in his life but never asked this. So he turns to the audience for help.

ATA results:

A - 87%
B - 4%
C - 2%
D - 7%

John looks a little embarrassed and says, "Here's where I say that that's the one I was thinking of."

$8K - Which of these Web sites features a page on the dietary supplements glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate?

A - headaches.org
B - depression.com
C - arthritis.org
D - acne.org

John doesn't know and decides to call his friend Ross. John races through the question but takes time to spell glucosamine. He starts to spell chondroitin but Ross says, "I know how to spell them." Ross immediately gives him the answer. "Sick," John says. He tells Meredith that means "good." He takes Ross' answer. "Sick, sick, sick, sick," Meredith says after telling John he's right.

Commercial break

$16K - Built in 1902, a Long Island mansion known as "Lands End" is said to have inspired a luxurious home in what classic novel?

A - The Fountainhaid
B - Absalom, Absalom
C - The Magnificent Ambersons
D - The Great Gatsby

John grew up on Long Island and knows that Fitzgerald wrote Gatsby and Faulkner wrote Absalom, Absalom and Rand wrote The Fountainhead. He makes D his final answer. Meredith says John's dad is very happy.

$25K - The copying method that gave rise to Xerox machines, xerography derives its name from Greek words meaning what?

A - dry writing
B - plentiful writing
C - fast writing
D - easy writing

John wants to get to the $25K so he asks for the 50/50, which leaves A and D. John thinks that A is the more logical answer but adds that the logical answer isn't always right. He mulls it over and decides to take his money and go. "It's so painful," he says under his breath.

THE HORN!!!!!

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (Uncle Sam)
$200 - A (piggies)
$300 - C (desert)
$500 - B (Terms of Endearment)
$1K - D (Great Britain)
$2K - D (newscasters)
$4K - A (Prince Albert)
$8K - C (arthritis.org)
$16K - D (The Great Gatsby)
$25K - A (dry writing)

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/15/2008 - John Yandrasits

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:14 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:John Yandrasits
Merrick, NY
And he manages a rock band, so that makes him a WE/WE®.

And this stack was nihil obstat® for me.

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:53 am

Merrick, NY

$16K - Built in 1902, a Long Island mansion known as "Lands End" is said to have inspired a luxurious home in what classic novel?

A - The Fountainhaid
B - Absalom, Absalom
C - The Magnificent Ambersons
D - The Great Gatsby

[/i]
I guess that A must be the southern version of Rand's novel. But only if you pronounce "ha-id" as two syllables...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:59 am

Merrick, NY
If Merrick is in the WE® viewing area then we have another WE/WE® (he's in the entertainment industry).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 - What iconic figure is traditionally depicted wearing snazzy red, white and blue clothing?

A - Tarzan
B - Uncle Sam
C - The Grim Reaper
D - Dick Cheney
"Snazzy" clothing? I wouldn't call it that.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - Debuting in 2007, the sitcom "Back to You" stars TV veterans Kelsey Grammar and Patricia Heaton as what?

A - school principals
B - veterinarians
C - advertising executives
D - newscasters

John looks at the question then says, "I told myself that I would make the decisions as if I were home when sitting here." He says, "I would pause and then say - 'D, newscasters, final answer.'"
I'm not sure what John meant by this, but I guess it means that he was going to play as if he were at home, rather than playing for real money. That's one way of beating Hotseatitis, I guess, but it has its risks also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - The copying method that gave rise to Xerox machines, xerography derives its name from Greek words meaning what?

A - dry writing
B - plentiful writing
C - fast writing
D - easy writing

John wants to get to the $25K so he asks for the 50/50, which leaves A and D. John thinks that A is the more logical answer but adds that the logical answer isn't always right. He mulls it over and decides to take his money and go. "It's so painful," he says under his breath.
Well, so much for playing as if he were at home. It was a good decision, though.

As for me, it's nihil obstat®.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:27 am

earendel wrote:If Merrick is in the WE® viewing area then we have another WE/WE® (he's in the entertainment industry).
Nelly already noted that he is.

To be specific, Merrick is on Long Island, about 8 or 10 miles past JFK airport.