Transcript 01/19/12 - Karen Zucker

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 01/19/12 - Karen Zucker

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Karen Zucker
Bala Cynwyd, PA

Karen was in the audience a few weeks ago, when she took the audition test, and now she's here!

On the drive up to New York, Karen was on speakerphone with her sons, who gave her a primer on superhero movies and Transformers.

Karen: So now I know that it's Optimus Prime and Magnatron, I think? I don't know, I was doing my best.

Meredith: How old are your sons? Are they little guys?

Karen: No, they're 19 and 22.

Meredith asks the computer to randomize the money and the questions. The unrandomized Topic Tree is not shown.

Topic Tree (Randomized)
?: Patriot Games
?: Lost Birds
?: Bring Out Your Dead
?: Hand Game
?: Model Mayhem
?: Train Travel
?: Ray of Light
?: Flex Goes Pro
?: Wedding Day
?: Long Drive

Question #1 - Level ?: Long Drive
Organizers of 1908's New York to Paris Automobile Race planned to have entrants cross what ice-covered locale before deeming it too dangerous?

A: Rio Grande B: Strait of Magellan
C: Bering Strait D: Lake Tahoe

Karen looks puzzled for a few moments.

Karen: Okay. Clearly you can't drive from New York to Paris, because there's no roads. Right? So--probably this is a whole lot easier than I'm making it, but I've got to figure this out.

After some more puzzled looks and something mumbled about Lake Tahoe, she does.

Answer/Value/Bank
C: Bering Strait
Question Value: $500
Bank: $500

Question #2 - Level ?: Wedding Day
Traditionally, a bride and groom's families greet wedding guests by standing in a line known as a what?

A: Encounter line B: Receiving line
C: Exchange line D: Pleasantry line
Answer/Value/Bank
B: Receiving line
Question Value: $10,000
Bank: $10,500

Question #3 - Level ?: Flex Goes Pro
What former pro wrestler first appeared in a minor circuit ring under the name Flex Kavana?

A: The Rock B: Bret Hart
C: Triple H D: The Undertaker

Karen jumps the question.
Answer/Value/Bank
A: The Rock
Question Value: $3,000

Question #4 - Level ?: Ray of Light
Ray-Ban sunglasses are designed to divert, or ban, what type of rays from hitting one's eyes?

A: Gamma rays B: Infrared rays
C: Ultraviolet rays D: Cathode rays
Answer/Value/Bank
C: Ultraviolet rays
Question Value: $7,000
Bank: $17,500

-- Commercial Break --

Karen told Meredith during the break that this is not like watching it at home.

Question #5 - Level ?: Train Travel
Named after its creator, the Pullman typically referred to what type of car on a train?

A: Dining B: Observation
C: Disco D: Sleeping
Answer/Value/Bank
D: Sleeping
Question Value: $1,000
Bank: $18,500

Question #6 - Level ?: Model Mayhem
According to a 2011 study, searching for what supermodel online yields the highest chance of visiting a website that could cause a computer virus?

A: Heidi Klum B: Tyra Banks
C: Kate Moss D: Elle Macpherson

Karen: You'd think I'd know this, because we have had more computer viruses than I can tell you! And yet I've never searched for one of these supermodels. Heidi Klum, do you hide it? I know there's a trick here going on with the words and I haven't figured it out. I'm sure the answer is more obvious but it's not coming to me, so I'm going to jump the question.
Answer/Value/Bank
A: Heidi Klum
Question Value: $15,000

Question #7 - Level ?: Hand Game
In the party game charades, the clue-giver will hold his hands together as if praying then unfold them to indicate that the category is what?

A: Television B: Book
C: Movie D: Person
Answer/Value/Bank
B: Book
Question Value: $100
Bank: $18,600

-- Commercial Break --

Meredith comes back from the break and calls Karen "our judge from Pennsylvania," then she explains that there was no rhyme or reason to that last answer, it's just a site frequented by so many people.

Question #8 - Level ?: Bring Out Your Dead
A famous area of Westminster Abbey featuring the graves of Chaucer, Lord Tennyson and Edmund Spencer is known as what?

A: Composers' Lane B: Poets' Corner
C: Philosophers' Wall D: Painters' Place
Answer/Value/Bank
B: Poets' Corner
Question Value: $2,000
Bank: $20,600

-- The End of Game "Noise" --

Karen will return on tomorrow's show.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 01/19/12 - Karen Zucker

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Karen Zucker
Bala Cynwyd, PA

Karen was in the audience a few weeks ago, when she took the audition test, and now she's here!

On the drive up to New York, Karen was on speakerphone with her sons, who gave her a primer on superhero movies and Transformers.

Karen: So now I know that it's Optimus Prime and Magnatron, I think? I don't know, I was doing my best.

Okay, I wasn't expecting that! :lol:

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #1 - Level ?: Long Drive
Organizers of 1908's New York to Paris Automobile Race planned to have entrants cross what ice-covered locale before deeming it too dangerous?

Karen: Okay. Clearly you can't drive from New York to Paris, because there's no roads. Right? So--probably this is a whole lot easier than I'm making it, but I've got to figure this out.

Answer/Value/Bank
Well, she did get the answer, so let's rack this up to Hotpodiumitis and not Geo Nitwitism.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #3 - Level ?: Flex Goes Pro
What former pro wrestler first appeared in a minor circuit ring under the name Flex Kavana?

Answer/Value/Bank
NAC. JTQ.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #5 - Level ?: Train Travel
Named after its creator, the Pullman typically referred to what type of car on a train?

A: Dining B: Observation
C: Disco D: Sleeping
Answer/Value/Bank
D: Sleeping
Question Value: $1,000
Hey, Snaxx! Why haven't you ever given us a report about those Disco cars? :lol:

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #6 - Level ?: Model Mayhem
According to a 2011 study, searching for what supermodel online yields the highest chance of visiting a website that could cause a computer virus?

Karen: You'd think I'd know this, because we have had more computer viruses than I can tell you! And yet I've never searched for one of these supermodels. Heidi Klum, do you hide it? I know there's a trick here going on with the words and I haven't figured it out. I'm sure the answer is more obvious but it's not coming to me, so I'm going to jump the question.
Answer/Value/Bank
Well, you may not have searched for them, Karen, but I'm guessing your sons don't spend all their time searching for superheroes and Transformers! :P
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith comes back from the break and calls Karen "our judge from Pennsylvania,"
She's a judge?

Okay, I wasn't expecting that!
Last edited by MarleysGh0st on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Here's an article about Karen's appearance, today.

http://mainlinemedianews.com/articles/2 ... 589473.txt
Zucker, a 53-year-old Montgomery County district judge, didn’t plan on auditioning for “Millionaire,” according to show organizers. Her 19-year-old son, David, got tickets to sit in the studio audience but ended up not able to go to New York City. His mom took his place and sat through tapings for the show, which is hosted by Meredith Vieira. She auditioned to be a contestant and a few weeks later found herself on the set for a chance to compete for $1 million.
She didn't even plan to go. <sigh>

BTW, the first comment to the article is one of the oddest I've seen, in relation to a SyndieBAM article. :?

Kazoo65

#4 Post by Kazoo65 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:17 pm

1. easy. The Bering Strait makes sense.

2. easy.

3. ATA.

4. easy-in the summer, you're always hearing about ultraviolet rays and the damage they can do.

5. easy.

6. JTQ 1.

7. easy. I did this while sitting in my chair and B was the answer I figured out.

8. easy-I've been in Westminster Abbey, so I've seen this.

I've got one JTQ left for tomorrow.
I'm just a game show nerd.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:07 pm

Question #1 - Level ?: Long Drive

Answer/Value/Bank
What a horrible, confusing question. Good job, Karen.
Question #3 - Level ?: Flex Goes Pro

Answer/Value/Bank
ATA -- I bet there are some wrestling fans in the audience.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

mellytu74

#6 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:55 pm

She is a judge around here.

We were running errands and didn't get back in time for the show, so we will see her tomorrow.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Karen Zucker
Bala Cynwyd, PA

It's Megatron, Karen.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #2 - Level ?: Wedding Day
Traditionally, a bride and groom's families greet wedding guests by standing in a line known as a what?

A: Encounter line B: Receiving line
C: Exchange line D: Pleasantry line
Answer/Value/Bank
B: Receiving line
Question Value: $10,000
Karen says that they "exchange pleasantries" in the receiving line.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #3 - Level ?: Flex Goes Pro

Answer/Value/Bank
From the comfort of my recliner I guessed correctly. At the Hot Podium I might have tried ATA and follow up with JTQ if necessary.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #6 - Level ?: Model Mayhem

Answer/Value/Bank
Afterward Meredith said that there was no intent to trick anyone. As for me, I'd JTQ.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #7 - Level ?: Hand Game
In the party game charades, the clue-giver will hold his hands together as if praying then unfold them to indicate that the category is what?

A: Television B: Book
C: Movie D: Person
Answer/Value/Bank
B: Book
Question Value: $100
Bank: $18,600
Karen joked that this is the reason why it's a good thing that not everyone grew up with a Kindle.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."