Transcript 01/26/12 - John Hardison (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 01/26/12 - John Hardison (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:32 pm

John Hardison
Rockville, MD

Meredith says that on yesterday's show, John insulted Shaquille O'Neal, his wife and the entire audience, yet he's one of the most likable contestants they've ever had on the show.

Topic Tree (Randomized)
9: Lake Lore
10: $100
5: $500
3: [Jumped]
8: [Jumped]
1: $2,000
4: $5,000
6: $15,000
7: $1,000
2: $10,000

John is one question away from Round Two, with $33,600 in his bank. All of his lifelines are gone. This last question in Round One is worth $7,000.

Question #10 - Level 9: Lake Lore
Which of these actual funny-sounding lakes was considered by ancient local inhabitants to be the birthplace of civilization?

A: Minnewanka B: Fanny Hooe
C: Titicaca D: Crotch

John wants to say Titicaca so bad, but he's going to have to walk with $16,800.
Answer
C: Titicaca

RanBadSoSadByeBye

Re: Transcript 01/26/12 - John Hardison (carryover)

#2 Post by RanBadSoSadByeBye » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:28 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:John Hardison
Rockville, MD

Meredith says that on yesterday's show, John insulted Shaquille O'Neal, his wife and the entire audience, yet he's one of the most likable contestants they've ever had on the show.
I didn't see yesterday's show, and I didn't see a transcript but...
This reminds me of the fact that, on our practice day on the stage, Rick Sirop had one of the female contestants stand by the podium and said, "You be Meredith.." At which point this contestant said, "Boy, Meredith, you sure have gained a lot of weight!" to the fellow contestant (who wasn't the least bit heavy). :oops: It was as though he was trying TOO hard to be funny.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 pm

RanBadSoSadByeBye wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:John Hardison
Rockville, MD

I didn't see yesterday's show, and I didn't see a transcript but...
This reminds me of the fact that, on our practice day on the stage, Rick Sirop had one of the female contestants stand by the podium and said, "You be Meredith.." At which point this contestant said, "Boy, Meredith, you sure have gained a lot of weight!" to the fellow contestant (who wasn't the least bit heavy). :oops: It was as though he was trying TOO hard to be funny.
Wednesday's volunteer transcriptionist has been overwhelmed with schoolwork, lately. He'll get to it, or else another of us will substitute for him. I still have the episode on my DVR, just in case.

But, yeah, while Meredith might have called him one of the most likable, I was calling him one of the most annoying. :roll:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Question #10 - Level ?: Lake Lore
Which of these actual funny-sounding lakes was considered by ancient local inhabitants to be the birthplace of civilization?

Answer
I thought that was the belief of the current local inhabitants. Oh well. But I would have gotten this one right anyway. If I got this far.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:59 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: John Hardison
Rockville, MD

I'd dispute that statement - I thought his behavior was annoying. But it's easy to see why TPTB cast him.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Question #10 - Level ?: Lake Lore

Answer
No problem with this one.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

vettech

#6 Post by vettech » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: John Hardison
Rockville, MD

I'd dispute that statement - I thought his behavior was annoying. But it's easy to see why TPTB cast him.
I enjoyed him for about the first five minutes. Then I was all, "Just STFU and answer the questions, already!!"

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Here's an article about John's appearance.

http://www.gazette.net/article/20120130 ... te=gazette
When asked what he will do with the money, Hardison said his answer is the one nobody wants to hear — he will pay the bills.

“I wouldn’t mind taking a scuba diving trip,” he added.
You didn't get on the show by telling them about paying bills, did you, John?

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Here's an article about John's appearance.

http://www.gazette.net/article/20120208 ... te=gazette

John's impersonations of Bill Clinton were more than just amusement.
Hardison, who received an associate’s degree from Montgomery College, spent a majority of the 1990s impersonating former President William Jefferson Clinton at corporate and political events. The routine started after Hardison dressed as Clinton for a party and heard from a number of people his close resemblance to the former leader.

He soon found himself working as needed for a company specializing in celebrity impersonators and studying tapes of an Ozarks accent.

For nearly eight years, Hardison earned $300 to $500 per hour telling jokes and posing for photographs. His final job took place at Union Station in Washington, D.C., in 2000, alongside a President George W. Bush impersonator.

“All the attention was on George W. Bush and I was like, ‘This isn’t fun anymore,’” Hardison said. “I don’t want to be the ex-president.”
Will John be the last Hardison we see on the show?
And Maria Hardison will keep trying her luck to get on to “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire,” one of her favorite shows.

“When they have the next round of auditions, I’m going to go and drive to wherever they are and I’m going to get on this darn show if it kills me,” she said. “I’m the real game show nut in the family. I’m just getting hosed, here.”
Join the club, Maria. :|