B4 Team-Check In.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-Check In.

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:01 am

How is the health fitness stuff?

I want to hear from as many of you as possible because if I don't hear from you, I kind of wonder.

I'm doing better with eating and fitness. I need to find a new primary care doctor because mine decided he had enough with insurance companies and decided to jump ship and do cosmetic stuff (which a side thing he started doing later in his career).

I hoped to post the PCLT thingy, but it has been acting quirky. I will try again this afternoon.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:10 am

Just a notch better than last week. I made it to the gym this morning. And I remembered my apple...

Today's weight = 193.6. Moving average = 192.9.

earendel

Re: B4 Team-Check In.

#3 Post by earendel » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:21 am

Bixby17 wrote:How is the health fitness stuff?

I want to hear from as many of you as possible because if I don't hear from you, I kind of wonder.
I've been neglecting posting in this thread because I haven't been doing so well. My times at the fitness center have decreased (elwing and I still go twice a week but I used to go on Saturday mornings and on my off-Fridays and I haven't been doing that).

I have decided that I'm not exercising to lose weight but to improve my general fitness - stamina, flexibility, etc. I'm determined that if elwing and I go on another cruise, I won't have to miss any of the sights because I can't climb, walk, etc.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

kusch

#4 Post by kusch » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:46 am

Well long time no reply to this thread for me. Ugh. Pretty much all non-good.

Too stressed over the daughter situation. It has been up and down and all around, but really more just me being worried.

Long story short, maybe. She did fly out to DC last week and came home Wednesday. Her and BF are semi broke up--whatever the **** that means. I think he is just not into her. As I type this she is still planning to move out that way and be on her own. She has some good leads for jobs and has found a place to live (with roomates--not BF) All their furniture is ready to be shipped and that issue alone is not yet resolved.

I am really proud of her taking this "I need to get on with my life/career", with or without him. She has basically put her life/career on hold for him since last Feb. I just did not want it to be so far away from home. She is more than ready and able to get on with her life/career.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:21 am

Doing okay, despite the stresses of the last few days. No real exercise Wed and Thurs, unless you count walking around a 500,000 square foot facility for a tour, or standing in line for 90 minutes outside 30 West 67th (and applauding extensively and yelling myself hoarse inside). Somehow even managed to lose a pound or two on the trip.

Revolutions on the elliptical were relatively low this AM. Still recovering from sleep deprivation, probably. At least I got on it instead of sleeping an extra 45 minutes.

Gotta work on the abs some more. The slightly too-small pants I bought are remaining that way. Need to flatten out a bit around the tummy.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

ladysoleil

#6 Post by ladysoleil » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:13 pm

I'm holding. Crazy stressed out at work, and I think my vacation is going to make me blow a deadline, but hey, they knew I was taking it months ago and chose not to plan accordingly so I'll make my peace with it.

In my grand tradition of always mangling myself before vacations, I managed to muck up my ankle yet again. It's not quite sprained, just rickety so I'm doing the brace, elevate and ice routine as a precaution. I've finally reached that age where the injuries you sustained in High School sports start to annoy you again. I got completely freaked out when I recently realized that my ankle hurts when it's going to rain. (Lo and behold...it's currently raining!)

I've been eating lightly and well this week, so I'm pleased about that.

Next week, since I'll be on the cruise, I am pre-declaring my intention to get some gym time and good eating in. I've teamed up with a bunch of friends and about ten of us are planning to hit the gym in the mornings and perhaps take a yoga class together. We're trying to keep each other motivated to keep up with our fitness and diet stuff. I think this is a great idea.

Okay, yes, about a hundred of us are also planning to drink Rum Swizzles together, but hey, everything in moderation, right? ;)

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:24 pm

Have a great time, ladysoleil!
ladysoleil wrote:Okay, yes, about a hundred of us are also planning to drink Rum Swizzles together, but hey, everything in moderation, right? ;)
What happens in the Bermuda Triangle stays in the Bermuda Triangle.

Or isn't that a good thing? :mrgreen:

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:28 pm

Good week for me.

I started using a hormone cream and my hot flashes seem to be less often and less severe. That makes me happy.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#9 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:39 am

I have stress. It is way frustrating.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#10 Post by Vandal » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:05 am

A certain baseball team has forced me to stay up much later than I'm used to.

I'll sleep when the World Series is over.

It's all good.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

TheCalvinator24

#11 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:44 am

I know the B4 thing isn't about weight loss, but that seems to be one of the easiest barometers. I had lost 8.5 pounds during the last month or so of Brighton Beach rehearsals. Some of that was from the physical exertion of building the set, but I think most of it was from stress. I don't usually let stress get to me, but this time it did. I was still eating, and eating crap at that. Still, the pounds were dropping.

Since the show opened, I have put 4.5 of those pounds back on. When I was at my heaviest (mid to high 260s), I could fluctuate as much as 5 pounds in a day and not think anything about it. Now, my day-to-day fluctuations are never more than 2 pounds, so that 4.5 is noticeable.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

lilyvonschtupp26

#12 Post by lilyvonschtupp26 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 am

I've doing pretty good with getting out and walking which helps me sleep better and seems to contribute to an all-round better day.

I've been working on getting more veggies too.

Been struggling a bit with stress, with new job, plus still trying to sell my Mom's condo in FLorida where it seems nothing is selling. Just trying to stay on top of everything. Last Friday was a nice stress reliever, just hanging out with Hermillion, Uly and Snaxx.

Bixby17

#13 Post by Bixby17 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:32 am

Sorry about not posting the List thread on Monday.

Poor Jessica is unwell.

Last night we had the 3 hour awake, coming out both ends thing.

She is so brave and sweet and such a rule follower.

She was telling me she was trying really hard not to make any more messes because she was a really good girl.

She was able to keep down water this morning, so that's a good thing.

peacock2121

#14 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:37 am

Hey Bix!

What happened with your bet with your friend - Diane(?) I think.

Sorry JJ is sick. Poor thing.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:30 am

Give a gentle hug to JJ. The pukes'n'poops are the worst, especially when you're wee.

Fitness? Fitness you say? I can't HEARRRR YOU. Lalalalala.

At least we're eating way less meaty stuff on a regular basis than usual because we're too lazy to cook. And stress? Stress, you say? I can't HEARRRR YOU. Lalalalala.

F* it. I'm just gonna hope I don't look like I'm nine months pregnant and ready to drop when we go to Mexico in December. That's my only goal.
Well, then

Bixby17

#16 Post by Bixby17 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:52 pm

peacock2121 wrote:Hey Bix!

What happened with your bet with your friend - Diane(?) I think.

Sorry JJ is sick. Poor thing.
Diane bailed on it.

George had a medical episode. One she blames on him trying to diet to win the contest. We think he had kidney stones. She blames protein powder.

I told her that George needs to lose weight or he will die and that sensible eating doesn't mean you need to use protein powder.

But in any event, she was freaked so I let her call off the bet.

peacock2121

#17 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:14 am

Bets are a double-edged sword.

I hope George can find some way to motivate himself to take care of his heart and his body.

Bixby17

#18 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:36 am

peacock2121 wrote:Bets are a double-edged sword.

I hope George can find some way to motivate himself to take care of his heart and his body.
I hope so too. It is not something that Diane or anyone else can make him do. He needs to find his own motivation but I don't see it happening. If he can have a medical event that makes him think he is having a heart attack, and comes out of that not thinking he needs to change his lifestyle, then I think the only thing that will make him change is when he actually does have a heart attack.

peacock2121

#19 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 am

Bixby17 wrote:

I hope so too. It is not something that Diane or anyone else can make him do. He needs to find his own motivation but I don't see it happening. If he can have a medical event that makes him think he is having a heart attack, and comes out of that not thinking he needs to change his lifestyle, then I think the only thing that will make him change is when he actually does have a heart attack.
Horrible thought - and probably a truth.

I think it might have been earendel whose doctor told him that his first heart attack would be his only one - maybe someone can tlak to his doctor?

All is fair in health and well being.

Even being sneaky.

earendel

#20 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:23 am

peacock2121 wrote:I think it might have been earendel whose doctor told him that his first heart attack would be his only one - maybe someone can tlak to his doctor?
Not I - despite being somewhat overweight my heart is in very good shape, blood pressure is low and cholesterol within normal limits.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bixby17

#21 Post by Bixby17 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:46 am

peacock2121 wrote:
Bixby17 wrote:

Horrible thought - and probably a truth.

I think it might have been earendel whose doctor told him that his first heart attack would be his only one - maybe someone can tlak to his doctor?

All is fair in health and well being.

Even being sneaky.

George's dad is one of the best heart surgeons in town.
George's brother is also a heart surgeon.
They've told him he needs to lose 30 lbs and fix his cholesterol or he will die.

George is a contrarian, free spirit, and not terribly responsible. I absolutely adore him and he is one of my favorite people in the world. But if anyone tells him to do anything, he will do the opposite.

peacock2121

#22 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:54 am

Tell him to eat more fats and sit on his ass more and that vegetables are over-rated and aerobic activity will kill him.

peacock2121

#23 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:55 am

earendel wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:I think it might have been earendel whose doctor told him that his first heart attack would be his only one - maybe someone can tlak to his doctor?
Not I - despite being somewhat overweight my heart is in very good shape, blood pressure is low and cholesterol within normal limits.
hmmmm. I wonder who it was.

It was someone here, I am sure.