Transcript 02/19/2008 Michelle Allen

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/19/2008 Michelle Allen

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Netflix Movie Week

Michelle Allen
Albany, CA
Professional fundraiser

Came out high-fiving strangers in the audience. To relieve stress, pretends to be movie characters that no one can say no to, such as Marlon Brando in The Godfather.

$100- Which of these iconic movie characters exhibits anger by breathing fire and destroying public property?
A. Tarzan B. Godzilla
C. Dracula D. Lawrence of ArabiaAHHH!

$200- Renee Zellweger famously gained about twenty pounds for her role in what movie?
A. Chicago B. Jerry Maguire
C. Down With Love D. Bridget Jones's Diary

$300- A secret society called the Order of the Phoenix is featured in the 2007 installment of what movie franchise?
A. Shrek B. Rush Hour
C. Harry Potter D. Spider-Man

$500- A rodent named Remy enjoys a panoramic view of Paris in what animated movie seen here?
A. Happy Feet B. Ratatouille
C. Over the Hedge D. Hoodwinked!

She cut short her trip to Paris to be here! Her kids saw it but not her.

$1000- In the "Wayne's World" movies, "Wayne's World" movies, "Wayne's World" is the name of a what?
A. TV Show B. Guitar shop
C. Water park D. Fast food restaurant

$2K question is the Netflix movie scene question

$2000- What acclaimed 2006 film features this scene?
A. Blood Diamond B. The Last King of Scotland
C. Children of Men D. The Good Shepherd

(a still from the movie scene)

$4000- Which of these "back-to-back" films both feature the same actor in a primary role?
A. Rosemary's Baby Boom B. Malcolm X-Men
C. Muriel's Wedding Crashers D. Ocean's Twelve Monkeys

ATA
A- 4% B-7%
C-19% D-70%

Audience yells "Brad Pitt!" when Mere askes them the lead actor.

Commercial break

She takes her kids out of school to see movie premieres. She says Netflix is the single mom's best friend and as a result she has the largest movie collection of any of her friends.

$8000- In "The Karate Kid," Daniel-san tries to avoid bullies by attending his high school's Halloween dance dressed as a what?
A. Medieval knight B. Shower
C. Table lamp D. Hockey goalie

PAF Debra says she has no idea, Michelle tries to read choices again but time runs out.

50/50 left B and C. A light appears to go on inside Michelle and she gets it right.

Commercial break

Michelle came from CA with her nana, Chris.

$16,000
In the 2002 movie "Unfaithful," Diane Lane's character has a torrid affair with a younger man who sells what?
A. Vintage photographs B. French wines
C. Rare books D. Persian rugs

Michelle will return tomorrow.

Answers:
$100- B. Godzilla
$200- D. Bridget Jones's Diary
$300- C. Harry Potter
$500- B. Ratatouille
$1000- A. TV Show
$2000- B. The Last King of Scotland
$4000- D. Ocean's Twelve Monkeys
$8000- B. Shower
$16K- C. Rare books

KillerTomato

#2 Post by KillerTomato » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:20 pm

So far so good on this stack.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/19/2008 Michelle Allen

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:54 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100- Which of these iconic movie characters exhibits anger by breathing fire and destroying public property?
A. Tarzan B. Godzilla
C. Dracula D. Lawrence of ArabiaAHHH!
E. John McCain or Hillary Clinton, whichever way you swing

$8K: Haven't seen the film in years. B and C seemed oddball enough to be right. Ask the audience and see if they give a clear majority on one of them.

$16K: Never seen it. PAF.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:31 am

A few years before Karate Kid had him going to the dance as a shower, Dr Dick and I went to a party - him as a shower and me a someone getting ready to take a shower. It annoyed me that my idea was stolen.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:36 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Netflix Movie Week

Michelle Allen
Albany, CA
Professional fundraiser

Came out high-fiving strangers in the audience. To relieve stress, pretends to be movie characters that no one can say no to, such as Marlon Brando in The Godfather.
OK, I guess that makes for an interesting hook - it's movie-related, at least.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000- What acclaimed 2006 film features this scene?
A. Blood Diamond B. The Last King of Scotland
C. Children of Men D. The Good Shepherd
On our trans-Atlantic cruise three of these movies were shown in the small theater onboard (B, C and D).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Which of these "back-to-back" films both feature the same actor in a primary role?
A. Rosemary's Baby Boom B. Malcolm X-Men
C. Muriel's Wedding Crashers D. Ocean's Twelve Monkeys

ATA
A- 4% B-7%
C-19% D-70%

Audience yells "Brad Pitt!" when Mere askes them the lead actor.
I didn't think Pitt was the "lead actor" - I thought it was Bruce Willis. Nonetheless D is the only combination that had the same actor in them.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:She takes her kids out of school to see movie premieres. She says Netflix is the single mom's best friend and as a result she has the largest movie collection of any of her friends.
I'm sure the kids appreciate it, and maybe there is some educational value to doing it, but overall it seems to me that there would be more benefit in the kids being in school.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000- In "The Karate Kid," Daniel-san tries to avoid bullies by attending his high school's Halloween dance dressed as a what?
A. Medieval knight B. Shower
C. Table lamp D. Hockey goalie

PAF Debra says she has no idea, Michelle tries to read choices again but time runs out.

50/50 left B and C. A light appears to go on inside Michelle and she gets it right.
I wonder what occurred to her. As for me, time to ATA because I have no idea, even though I've seen the movie a number of times.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
In the 2002 movie "Unfaithful," Diane Lane's character has a torrid affair with a younger man who sells what?
A. Vintage photographs B. French wines
C. Rare books D. Persian rugs
No idea, so 50/50 won't help. Time to PAF and hope.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:39 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Netflix Movie Week

Michelle Allen
Albany, CA
Professional fundraiser

OK, I guess that makes for an interesting hook - it's movie-related, at least.
I'm waiting for her to get a question she has no clue on. You think quoting Don Corleone is going to help, then?