Merging three threads

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Merging three threads

#1 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:53 pm

So Stephen emerged from his stomach virus coma (whine whine whine thread) with a craving for Krispy Kreme donuts. I say we put together a business proposal for Erin's unicorn donut delivery service (letter to weatherman thread) and send it up to Rhode Island (Powerball sherbet thread) so I can have the donuts delivered next time and won't have to go fetch them!

I'm sure that poor woman is getting even crazier requests than that...

(And AWESOME avatar!!! I think the previous one is the best-drawn ever even if Sprots hates it, but this one captures Erin perfectly, down to the color scheme!)
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Merging three threads

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:55 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:(And AWESOME avatar!!! I think the previous one is the best-drawn ever even if Sprots hates it, but this one captures Erin perfectly, down to the color scheme!)

Double YAY!!!!!1

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm glad Stephen is feeling better. Does this complete the stomach virus's tour through your household? Or does your husband still need his turn?

minimetoo26

#4 Post by minimetoo26 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:32 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I'm glad Stephen is feeling better. Does this complete the stomach virus's tour through your household? Or does your husband still need his turn?
Everyone who is home has had it. The two who remain will be home tomorrow night. All bets are off as to whether I can get this place thoroughly disinfected enough to spare them the joy we've shared here.
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm

They've been gone all week and missed all the fun, huh?

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:14 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:So Stephen emerged from his stomach virus coma (whine whine whine thread) with a craving for Krispy Kreme donuts. I say we put together a business proposal for Erin's unicorn donut delivery service (letter to weatherman thread) and send it up to Rhode Island (Powerball sherbet thread) so I can have the donuts delivered next time and won't have to go fetch them!

(And AWESOME avatar!!! I think the previous one is the best-drawn ever even if Sprots hates it, but this one captures Erin perfectly, down to the color scheme!)
I don't hate it. But compared to Sunchine, it's just a chunk of cement. Blah.

Doughnut Erin is AWESOME! It will take second place to Sunchine's first.

Whew! I'm so relieved that LB learned to draw unicorns!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:06 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:So Stephen emerged from his stomach virus coma (whine whine whine thread) with a craving for Krispy Kreme donuts. I say we put together a business proposal for Erin's unicorn donut delivery service (letter to weatherman thread) and send it up to Rhode Island (Powerball sherbet thread) so I can have the donuts delivered next time and won't have to go fetch them!

And I'm so puzzled to learn that you became a judge on the ES avatar panel......

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:36 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

And I'm so puzzled to learn that you became a judge on the ES avatar panel......

lb13
That is phony puzzlement. We both know you never listen to me. :P
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm puzzled that Sprots keeps talking about which avatars will or will not win, when beast is judging his own artworks.

And people think the AI judges are monkeying with their contest! :P

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#10 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:I'm puzzled that Sprots keeps talking about which avatars will or will not win, when beast is judging his own artworks.

Sometimes, if an avatar gets no response, it is incorrectly relegated to also-ran status.

So this assures that all avatars get at least one response. Sometimes my remarks trigger other remarks, and an avatar ends up in a higher spot than LB originally planned. So I urge everyone to remark favorably on Sunchine and Rainbow Doughnut.

That being said, I can't imagine how either one could be beat this year.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#11 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:21 am

Great avatar...but what's that coming out of his butt?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

minimetoo26

#12 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:58 am

ulysses5019 wrote:Great avatar...but what's that coming out of his butt?

Don't be fooled by the cuteness--unicorns kick ass. They swallow their enemies whole and poop out the bones. While galloping at full speed.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:22 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:I'm puzzled that Sprots keeps talking about which avatars will or will not win, when beast is judging his own artworks.

Sometimes, if an avatar gets no response, it is incorrectly relegated to also-ran status.

So this assures that all avatars get at least one response. Sometimes my remarks trigger other remarks, and an avatar ends up in a higher spot than LB originally planned. So I urge everyone to remark favorably on Sunchine and Rainbow Doughnut.

I'm not sure either one would be in my Top 2 for the year so far....

Of course, I could be swayed by reputable critics of avatar artwork....

lb13

minimetoo26

#14 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:35 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

lb13
I'm not reputable--apparently I'm a slut. But I think esPhone is the best you've ever drawn. It perfectly fits the subject and the broken glass looks real.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:19 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

lb13
I'm not reputable--apparently I'm a slut. But I think esPhone is the best you've ever drawn. It perfectly fits the subject and the broken glass looks real.

I hereby declare mini to be a judge for this year's avatar countdown!

And I like esPhone.... that will be the title for it!

I'd put it back up, but Erin and Rainbow Donkey deserve at least the weekend....

lb13

minimetoo26

#16 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:08 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

I hereby declare mini to be a judge for this year's avatar countdown!

And I like esPhone.... that will be the title for it!

I'd put it back up, but Erin and Rainbow Donkey deserve at least the weekend....

lb13

esPhone was so much kinder than iChump.... :P :P :P :P :P

-Carl Sagan

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#17 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:53 am

ulysses5019 wrote:Great avatar...but what's that coming out of his butt?
Found it!

And how in the world did you find it?

Nevermind, don't answer that. I don't want to know . . .

MarleysGh0st

#18 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:46 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:I hereby declare mini to be a judge for this year's avatar countdown!
The heck with remarks and responses and judges. We, your audience, should decide the contest by a vote!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#19 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:46 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I hereby declare mini to be a judge for this year's avatar countdown!
The heck with remarks and responses and judges. We, your audience, should decide the contest by a vote!
I don't speak for LB under any circumstances, 90% because he never listens to me anyway and 10% because I try not to speak for anybody else under any circumstances. But I can tell you right now, Marley, a vote ain't gonna happen. The best we can do is lobby for our favorites because audience response will sometimes bring up an avatar that would otherwise languish in the unranked or ranked-too-low.

I can tell you right now that Sunchine is at the top of my list, and I can't imagine anything that would knock it off. It's also difficult to imagine RainbowDoughnut finishing lower than second on my list. I keep bringing it up because I'm trying to elicit more audience response now and then again when it's countdown time; maybe you'll remember them and be willing to add your support then.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#20 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 am

Wait, didn't Dr. Venkman say, not to cross the three streams?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.